Lewis and ferrari talks | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Lewis and ferrari talks

Discussion in 'F1' started by Jackie and bill, Nov 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Message Vettel lol? Why waste the time. Charles sends the message loud and clear lol.

moretti likes this.
  2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

The problem is the same for all of F1 - the future vehicle/power itself. This will end or define the new F1 soon. It’s gaining momentum now.

william likes this.
  3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

If Mercedes-AMG was stopping, a lot of experienced and highly qualified staff would be available to other teams.
    Ferrari would certainly attract a few, but many would prefer to stay in UK, I gather, and go to work for McLaren, Racing Point or Williams.

I can't imagine Hamilton moving to Ferrari, so far from his racing "culture" ( and I can be wrong in that), but rather going back to a revitalised McLaren team.

Nuvolari and fer312t like this.
  4. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    It would be a really bad move for Ferrari , Lewis is almost at the end of his career . I have sure he is leveraging his position for the next and possibly final contract . We shall see

william likes this.
  5. I'd rather he didn't and see how he handled the situation himself so we could compare him to Vettel's (assuming it was Vettel that was gone) on that pervasive "level playing field". ;)

6. cmos

cmos Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Johny English
    I for one don’t care nor do I have any control over whether he stays, ends up at Ferrari, or retires. He shocked a lot of people when he joined Mercedes and did quite well.
    It may just be a “mind game” by Ferrari, but they’ve attracted and hired less competent drivers, so I’m not surprised Ferrari have expressed interest. And the Company has more clout (and less emotion) in the decision process than anyone on FChat

7. Not being an LH "fanboy", I do hafta' say that as birdish you feel they are (I don't), at least they're backing a winner unlike the losers those with the red tinted glasses do...... :eek:
    'Just sayin'..... ;)

william and Jackie and bill like this.
  8. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    If Hamilton wins WDC next year, I think he'll retire. However, if he doesn't, then this is a nice insurance policy that he'll have somewhere to go since I doubt Mercedes sees any more upside if F1 and will bow out after 2020. However, if the last two days are any indication of Ferrari's commitment to F1, they should fire Seb and Charles and hire Hulkenburg and Kubica.

9. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Maybe it’s something like “deceipt.”:rolleyes:

10. Pssstttt.... We're past that, where you been? :p See page 1.

11. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I typically don’t read an entire thread before posting, especially in the F1 forum. I might doze off....;):D

Jackie and bill likes this.
  12. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Only ding against LewHam is he will be 36 by the time the 2021 season rolls around. That's not quite the end of a career, but it is within a few paragraphs of it.

william likes this.
  13. There was this guy....Juan Manuel Fangio I think his name was. Born, 1911.

He had five WDCs; 1951, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957. ;)

14. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Hamilton's career will end on a low if he joins Ferrari.

15. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Than what are you doing in a "losers" Forum? Ohh, i remenber, this is mercedeschat now, your right, please keep going....

kes7u likes this.
  16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    He won't, we don't pick up trash anymore, we stop doing that after we sacked Alonso!

moretti likes this.
  17. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Unfortunatly the company does a lot of stupid decisions...just look at the pitwall!!

18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

It was then, and this is now.

19. Wrong on both counts. This is, as been mentioned numerous times by the moderators, a racing forum. Specifically (look at the top of the page): Forums > ... > F1 ;)

My apology. I wasn't aware. What position do you hold on the team? Image Unavailable, Please Login

Aren't you afraid your superiors might frown upon comments, coming from within, like that, in public, if not at all.....??? :eek:

william likes this.
  20. One must consider context my dear william. 'Wasn't comparing "then" to "now".
    My response was to Korr's reference to LH's age in 2021 (36).....JMF hadn't even started driving in GP 'til he was 37.

21. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Looking at today's compared performance between Mercedes and Ferrari LH would need to be a complete masochist to consider moving to Ferrari.

william likes this.
  22. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Yes, but in most sports NOW, being 36 is considered OLD !!!

Now kids get in motor racing at 13 !!! To give you an idea, Graham Hill didn't have his driving lincense until he was 24.

bmwracer likes this.
  23. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I agree.
    A complete revolution has to happen at Ferrari, not just re-arranging the deck chairs like they do periodically.

24. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
  25. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Looks like your buddy Williams likes your post...Mercchat is indeed wonderfull...too bad it lost Ferrari fans...oh, congrats on the amazing participation by Group44!....Post count keeps coming down...wonder why?

kes7u likes this.