1/18 news | Page 51 | FerrariChat

1/18 news

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by furoni, Jan 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jmnov

jmnov Karting

Mar 15, 2009
    Lausanne
    Yes the Looksmart will be close and cheaper, but it was announced 2 or 3 years ago and still nothing in sight...
    BBR has corrected the headlight on this version, finally. But the blue colour is not correct, too dark. The Elite version is probably more accurate

2. ursoenzo

ursoenzo Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Christian Rauch
    rysc97 likes this.
  3. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I was drooling, waiting for this model as i was convinced it would be released under the concept 18 badge...unfortunately it was not, wich means it's a lot more expensive, and a smuch as i want it, right know i think i must pass...it looks fabulous though and i would love to have it.

4. rysc97

rysc97 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    John
    Me too Pedro, but I wanted only plain red, without decals.
    So I have to wait again or buy this model and remove the decals.

5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I'm almost sure they will release it with a plain red body...they always do! Just wait a bit longer....
    By the way John, you have all your cars on BBr bases, do you buy the display cases with bases and then store the acrylic? Or are you able to buy only the leatherete bases? I ask because if i could only get the bases at a nice price i would consider it for my collection.

6. rysc97

rysc97 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    John
    I hope so, because I am only collecting models without racingnumbers or other decals.
    I am stil waiting for the 330P3 Berlinetta and Spider version in plain red.

I buy my displaycases directly from BBR in different colors, but mostly grey.
    And I display my models in the complete displaycases on shelves.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Sorry, my mistake...i missed the p3...very close to the p4 and i can't afford them all! sadly!

8. rysc97

rysc97 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    John
    The P3 is in the concept serie, so a little cheaper. ;)

9. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yes, i know, and looks very nice, i was sure the 375 also would be but greed spoilt my plans!! By the way, don't you have already this model from MG models?

10. rysc97

rysc97 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    John
    Yes I have, but I think the BBR 375MM is much better.

11. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Just out of curiosity, how are your cars organized...i ask because i don't find a particular order, like, by date for example?

12. rysc97

rysc97 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    John
  13. rysc97

rysc97 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    John
    A348W and energy88 like this.
  14. ursoenzo

ursoenzo Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Christian Rauch
    Lusso123 and rysc97 like this.
  15. rysc97

rysc97 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    John
    That's good news for me. ;)

16. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck

Very nice! Looks like I've just found another model to buy! I hope the build quality is better than on their 250 Bertone models. I've had a few of them now (kept one & sold the others) and each one has various problems.

17. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I picked up my sample of the GP Replicas 312 B3 today at Challenge4fun and he also had the Technomodel version to compare.
    The amount of differences between the two is quite staggering. Some differences might be atributed to the development of the real car during the race season, like wings and radiators, but for example the shape of the cockpit on the GP Replicas is much narrower than on the Technomodel. Tires on Technomodel are too narrow and wheels look off. Engine and suspension detail on the GP Replicas is better so that's why I chose it over the Technomodel. Decals on the other hand are less accurate. Paint, fit and finish are fine on both models. Jacco of Challenge4fun made some pictures of the models side by side. I'll post them when I get them.

18. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I did a search on Google and I think the GP Replicas model is trying to be the version used at the Monaco GP. Pictures of that race show the weird translucent yellow brake ducts as well as the larger radiator mounted on the left side of the car. The technomodel looks more like how the 312 B3 looks like today.

19. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  20. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
  21. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  22. loan1at

loan1at Karting

Feb 8, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Andy L.
    You can buy a BBR. There are better wipers and you pay 400 and not 100.

23. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    ..if you buy a BBr you get better everything, you spend the money but you have a real colectors model, here you spend 100 and you have a toy. And what's more stupid is that the sjape of the CMR is actualy pretty decent, if they weren't so stupid and made a litle more effort they could build a car that looked much more acurate at the same price, after all, how much would it cost to put a decent windshield whipers, or a better shaped interior?

jpsf1uk, rysc97 and Lusso123 like this.
  24. alebart3

alebart3 Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2008
    Hi, I agree! The manufacturers are so stupid (or we are stupid?) to sell strange things. And it happen to Exoto also; for istance the only one I have, (buyed as with scratch at low price) is the 500 F2 of Swaters at Berlin) the tyres are with a nice Englebert decals...but the tyres are Pirelli! Who pay 500-600 euros for it don't deserve real tyres? Furthermore I compared it with my CMC and I found that almost anything was better...Just the steering wheel and a little part on the bottom of the engine are better! The engine is undersized and the fuel-oil tanks are bad pieces of plastic ......
    Sometimes the problems come from insufficient photo reference, but if you pay to Ferrari a fee for the models why don't check them well?
    Sorry if I came here only now!

25. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar