Why is the Ferrari company not adding a very good entertainment screen? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Why is the Ferrari company not adding a very good entertainment screen?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Sellatease, Nov 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    technom3 likes this.
  2. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
  3. Sellatease

Sellatease Rookie

Oct 18, 2019
    Nigeria
    Full Name:
    Alpha Donald
    yeah

4. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  5. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    #30 Llenroc, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    First off Tom I have always appreciated your posts and insight on these great cars but I will have to respectfully call you crazy on this one, haha. I have owned 2 308s with Ansa exhaust, 348SS, 355 with the challenge exhaust and 512TR with a tubi exhaust none of which ever had a drone to them at any RPM they all had the best sound of any engine I have ever heard. The only one that had a drone to it was my 458 with factory exhaust...that was exhaust was gone in two weeks after I bought the car. The only drone I ever experienced was my American V8s now that is obnoxious

tbakowsky likes this.
  6. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I dunno about you guys but I get really bored in a modern car at a buck-50. Sometimes a nice crossword suffices, sometimes it's knitting something, but it would be nice to get caught up on the latest episodes of Billions while chomping on some popcorn like every other red blooded Merican' with a Tesla. So yeah.. why not a nice entertainment system!

daytona355 and tomc like this.
  7. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Knitting? Can't say I have ever tried it, but hey, grandma loved it..so how bad can it be? Needle point may also be one to try.

8. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Because you dont buy a Ferrari for the entertainment screen.

If thats a biggie buy a Lexus or whatever.
    Please.

daytona355 likes this.
  9. Sfiga

Sfiga Karting

Jan 23, 2014
    A Ferrari should be well finished which includes the entertainment screen. I couldn't care whether it works or not but it should look good.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  10. Sellatease

Sellatease Rookie

Oct 18, 2019
    Nigeria
    Full Name:
    Alpha Donald
    Y
    Yeah same here

11. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Which is excellent by the way and one of the best in the biz

12. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I love all the hardcore comments. However... When other manufacturers are doing it and doing it better it becomes an excuse. Sorry guys. They still need to compete.

Plus if you want to get the younger buyers... Well... That's what they expect. They don't want to get into a car and feel like they didn't get good value or have an eye sore in the dash. These infotainment systems are not expensive. It's the manufacturer being lazy when. They don't offer a good one. ..however the fca uconnect system is really really good.

I'm 360 Canuck and Bryanp like this.
  13. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    okok, but just one more hardcore comment. This is the last Ferrari I drove - I was too busy to need additional "entertainment". . . non-synchro in every gear; clutch is either in or out; not a lot of slip Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Ohh trust me I love it! I have more classic cars than I do modern cars.

The problem is they stopped building 750 monzas and MMs and TRs about 60 years ago.

daytona355 likes this.
  15. thehick

thehick Karting
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    VA
    I have a Ram with the 12" one. It's the best infotainment screen of any car I have ever owned. Makes perfect sense to use it since they are part of the same company.

Note: I rarely have the stereo on in the Ferrari, but when I do use it, it would be nice for it to work well. No sense in half-ass.

technom3 likes this.
  16. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i think ferraris have the best entertainment screens in the business.
    on my cars, it is that big screen in front of you that the windshield wipers rest on....

17. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Me too. I have had several Rams and the 8.4 that proceeded it was great and this 12 inch one is excellent too. The other thing that blows me away so the quality of the back up cam... It's hd or 4k or something. The ones on gm products including Cadillac look like they are filmed with a potato and broadcast through an Atari.

daytona355 likes this.
  18. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Touche

ZINGARA 250GTL likes this.
  19. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Don't take the highway then, and enjoy the car more!

Big Cadillacs, Mercedes Benz S class, 7 series BMW's, and Lexus LX saloons are designed for cruising along comfortably in a straight line at a constant speed - They're comfort transportation, nothing more, nothing less.

Ferrari's aren't designed to sit on highways, at constant speeds, to be just transportation - They're designed to handle corners, to use their full rev range, and to entertain their drivers and passengers with a unique driving experience.

Driving a Ferrari on a highway, is like having an formula one car and running it at a drag strip - It's missing what the car is really all about!

daytona355 likes this.
  20. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    If for no other reason, a good infotainment system is a must these days for the gps to keep you out of traffic, warn of police, and maximize the quality of your drive ;)
    I enjoy my 360 much more with my alpine touchscreen system, even though the sound is only marginally better (I didn’t change amp or speakers).
    Apple CarPlay or die.

Sellatease and Boomhauer like this.
  21. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    I don’t understand the negativity towards people who wish for improved products.

technom3 and Boomhauer like this.
  22. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I frankly would not have bought my F12 if it had a central screen - touch or not. Would look like every other car in the world. Electronic displays instantly date the product by definition. This is fine if it is state of the art mechanical system but electrical displays are ubiquitous and dated the instant they are produced. Takes away the specialness of the model. Fine for a Mercedes or Lexus or Toyota but not in a half million Ferrari. Too bad real gauges went out of style. I like to listen to music but should be heard and not seen in these cars.

technom3, daytona355 and kes7u like this.
  23. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Well..if you have a ĺook at the new Roma interior, the info screen is straight out of a Ram pick-up. Just different graphics and trim..they did the same with the California and FF..ripped straight pit of a Dodge caravan..

24. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    For 100 years we existed just fine without these horrible touch and video screens.

Tesla has screwed auto interior design forever.

25. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Will agree, but they do have there place. They also eliminate quite a few sub systems which remove a lot of unnecessary wiring and other associated modules and hardware.