2020 Formula One Season ***Possible Spoilers*** | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2020 Formula One Season ***Possible Spoilers***

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Aircon, Dec 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    After 13 seasons in Formula 1, Toro Rosso is no longer with the FIA confirming the team’s name change to Scuderia Alpha Tauri.
    Sunday’s Abu Dhabi Grand Prix marked the final race of the 2019 F1 season, and Toro Rosso’s last in Formula 1.
    The team’s owners, Red Bull, had petitioned the FIA to change the new to Scuderia Alpha Tauri for next season with motorsport’s governing body giving their approval earilier this season.
    It was made official late last week when the FIA revealed the provisional entry list of the 2020 season.
    Toro Rosso was not on the list, instead it was Scuderia Alpha Tauri.
    As such Toro Rosso departs the grid after 13 seasons, 500 points, one race win and three podiums.
    Two of those podiums were achieved this season by Daniil Kvyat and Pierre Gasly, who will race for Scuderia Alpha Tauri in next year’s championship having been confirmed last month.

2. Its328

Its328 F1 Rookie

May 31, 2017
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Well at least you guys are all in agreement, that doesn't happen often on here lol

3. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  4. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  5. Its328

Its328 F1 Rookie

May 31, 2017
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Kim
  6. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I think he needs to take some advice from Hamilton. :p

3 kids?? There you go, he may as well ride out one last season at Ferrari and retire to go and enjoy raising his young family.

I wish I could have retired at 32 years old with $100M in my back pocket, would definitely be an amazing life to be lived.

7. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I think it's a gay thing....

8. I16

I16 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2008
  9. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  10. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Russell tops F1's last post-Abu Dhabi GP test day, Leclerc crashes - https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/147481/russell-fastest-for-mercedes-as-leclerc-crashes

George Russell made the most of his latest Mercedes opportunity by topping the final day of Formula 1 post-season testing in Abu Dhabi, as Charles Leclerc crashed his Ferrari.

Williams race driver Russell took over the Mercedes from Valtteri Bottas for the second day of the Yas Marina test and outpaced Leclerc by two tenths of a second.

The F1 rookie, who has been a Mercedes protege for several years, lapped a tenth slower than Bottas's Tuesday benchmark using the 2020 C5 tyre, Pirelli's softest compound - Bottas's time was set on the 2019 C4 tyre.

Mercedes had insisted during the grand prix weekend that Russell's latest test was not a direct comparison with Bottas, who is out of contract after 2020.

Russell's 1m37.204s effort, more than three seconds quicker than he had lapped on Tuesday in his 2019 Williams, was eight hundredths slower than Mercedes' multiple race winner Bottas.

Leclerc went backwards into the wall at Turn 14, after the chicane that follows the second back straight.

The late-afternoon incident caused a red flag and was more costly than team-mate Sebastian Vettel's contact-induced spin on the first day of the test, as Leclerc did not take to the track again.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Despite ending an impressive first year at Ferrari with a crash, Leclerc - whose best time was set using the 2019 C5 tyre - remained positive.

"This was our last day of track activity and I believe it was a very useful one for us, in spite of the incident that forced us to stop earlier than planned," Leclerc said.

"We did a lot of tests to evaluate the 2020 tyres in comparison with this year's tyres, and we have collected a lot of data that now needs to be analysed.

"Now we can relax a bit and, even if I'll never forget my first season with Ferrari, I know that soon I'll be raring to get back on track again."

Lance Stroll set the third-fastest time on Wednesday using the same compound as Russell, recovering from a pitlane incident early in the day that was reportedly triggered by Carlos Sainz Jr misjudging the width of his McLaren with aero rakes fitted.

Pierre Gasly was fourth for Toro Rosso and the last driver to lap within a second of Russell, with Sainz fifth - both drivers using C5 tyres to set their quickest times.

Esteban Ocon's induction into the Renault F1 team continued with a much more productive second day in which the Frenchman completed 128 laps.

Ocon, who will rejoin the F1 grid next season with Renault, was sixth-fastest on a 1m38.950s using 2019 C4 tyres.

As well as the various race drivers in action, Pietro Fittipaldi reprised his Haas testing role and set the eighth-fastest time with 2019 C5 tyres, 2.4s off the pace.

Sometime Formula 2 racer Roy Nissany returned for another half-day at Williams, completing just 38 laps and lapping 6.6s off the pace on 2020 C4 tyres.

Williams's recently-announced 2020 F1 driver Nicholas Latifi used the same rubber to lap 3.7s faster.

11. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Well done Chuck, you found the limit which is what needs to be done :)

daytona355 likes this.
  12. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  13. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    +1

Put him in a good car and he would be VERY hard to beat IMO. :)

Would be nice if he shifts over to Ferrari in 2021.

That would make for a great team. 2x young guns in Charles and Max. :D

14. ihavearedferrari

ihavearedferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2007
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Maybe if Max keeps his mouth shut about Ferrari cheating allegations.

15. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Quit living in the past. :p

We will welcome Max to Ferrari anytime he is ready to come over to the Scuderia. :D

16. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    yeah, they love each other :p

17. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  18. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Don’t worry, those dumb trolls will simply claim the statistics have been manipulated, and Elton must be number one as he wears the sexiest dresses and his farts smell of vegetables! Oh, and everyone who either wrote that article or reads it is a clear racist and should be hung, drawn and quartered.

Schumi was always the very best, and six seasons in an absolutely dominant car won’t change anything for that melon head Elton, who will defer to his actual level immediately the car is reduced to being merely fast, just as he always was prior to getting into the most dominant car of all time allied to the most corrupted FIA period of all time. Fast yes, undoubtedly, but fickle, arrogant, and the beneficiary of total bias and favouritism within his own team and from the stewards and FIA alike... Rosberg put him in his place plenty of times, and arguably if Mercedes had not been set on destroying Rosberg performances in favour of Elton so often, he would likely have won their time together with more titles than Elton if it came down to the two drivers operating on a totally level playing field, at least two more titles were decided in Eltons favour by Mercedes forcing Rosberg to accept a number two status instead of fighting fairly, even stooping to the low of sabotaging the car at the last race to prevent a Rosberg title.

of course, in the f1 section, all tifosi are set upon and harangued by merc fans who are protected in their ridiculous posts, and their poster boy of course wishes that Schumacher dies from his injuries, and thinks that Michael deserved to be in his current predicament as some kind of punishment for being the very best racer in the history of the world - ****ing abhorrent to me at least.

kes7u likes this.
  19. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Lol, I remember seeing that posted here once before. :D

daytona355 likes this.
  20. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  21. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    yep, still has

22. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Let me guess: if it would show a certain British driver on No.1 the very same persons ridiculing it there right now would post it themselves as the ultimate proof of his greatness :rolleyes:
    Fortunately the web is big enough for everybody to find exactly what he wants to read...so one is always right and has something to back it. And if it does not suit you you can still call it "fake news" and bring on "alternative facts" :p

Verstappen certainly knows how to make friends in Maranello these days....

daytona355 likes this.