812 VS Rumors | Page 46 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    That is very interesting to hear because so many love the TDF and I have yet to drive one so I can't say. I think the SF is right at the edge, the problem I have right now is the time of year. Wasn't that also a bit of an issue for the 599 GTO? It was for my GTB until I put better tires on it.

of2worlds likes this.
  2. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    the sound IS a bad thing in the sense that the EU and the USA market's government regulations are lowering the maximum vehicle decibel sound level allowed! It depends how the government gets the reading for a decibel level whether mechanical valve lifters can be utilized. The sound failure (too loud) in one market also precludes the use of that engine technology for all other markets to. Sort of dumbing down to the lowest common sound level. Then the standard required in one restrictive market penalizes all the rest of the car's market destinations to. We already have that situation with the F8 GPF requirement getting applied for all markets, even where GPF is not requirement.

3. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    I can add anymore for now, sorry guys, but it will be a screaming engine until the new redline...

of2worlds, Shack, Caeruleus11 and 4 others like this.
  4. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    If true, does this mean Ford dumbed down the GT500 to comply with European sound regs? I believe they intend to sell the car in Europe however the videos I've seen gave me the impression that the car is old school loud. Also, McLaren had two exhaust systems for the Senna depending on the intended market, with Europe having a quieter version (at startup and low RPM's I believe?).

5. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Buy it if you can and don t sell it:)

of2worlds and Shack like this.
  6. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    Right ... which is exactly why I was saying that if the new lifters make the engine louder ... that is a GOOD THING because it helps to offset the muffling effect of the GPF and helps to get some of that V12 siren wail back.

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  7. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    Thank you for the color you have given us thus far on this it is much appreciated. Even if you cannot add further details for the moment ...
    would you be able to give us your impression of whether this car ... as most had expected ... will be a VS version of the 812 ala TDF and Pista which would have track oriented modifications mainly limited to lighter weight, modest horsepower increase, tighter suspension, more aggressive bodywork and some new slip control electronic feature... OR ... as has recently been floated by some ... this car will be an outright replacement for the 812S ... or at least a ‘modificato’ version ala 550 to 575 which means it would also have revised interior and other more sweeping design changes but would not be necessarily lighter weight and more tack focused but would instead maintain the more traditional grand touring sports car dual mission of the 812S.

of2worlds likes this.
  8. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    If rumors are correct, this 812 VS will introduce unexpected and innovative engine feature.

Ciao

Doug23, red passion and Caeruleus11 like this.
  9. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    does anyone really care anymore??

10. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    fuel cell?

11. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Less and less as time goes by

12. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Yeh mclaren just launched a monza version and t50 is coming out. Not enough asses (dollars) for all these cars and anything post 2009 is at risk.

F2003-GA likes this.
  13. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    The T50 specs sound absolutely brilliant: 3.9 V12 reving to 12,100 rpm. Full CF weighing only 2,160 lbs. Smaller footprint than a 911. 3-seater with driver in center ala the McLaren F1. Manual gearbox. Fan-assisted aero.

“Only” 650 hp? Bravo to Gordon for going against the grain on the counter-productive hp and curb weight arms race among current sportscar manufacturers (here’s looking at you, SF90).

Best of all, it’s limited to 100-units so it will be truly exclusive. I know what I’d buy for my $2.5-3.0M in the upcoming marketplace.

14. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    So will they trade up to 4 to 5m like zonda of will zondas come under pressure because now there are 100 buyers of t50?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Hopefully a feature which helps the V12 to survive for as longs as possible.

of2worlds likes this.
  16. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Where would the fun be in that? :)

17. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Ford doesn't seem to have any problem spending vast sums of money and do build to the individual market requirements with their products. Another exhaust system is only more parts numbers.

Ferrari on the other hand seem much more cautious with development costs. All for one and one for all. That is the new mantra of their aluminum modular platform plus other familiar bits and pieces needed to build a car.

18. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Yes, and if you didn't then you wouldn't come here :)

Eilig likes this.
  19. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Actually this lays bare the problem with McLaren marketing program. Someone else just built the successor to the F1 they should have... (Of course this is the one other party which could do it)

SF90, its expensive sure, but the McLaren.... oops I mean the Gordon Murray car will be 5-6x the price. If you want smaller, lighter weight, less power, those options are out there. Remember Enzo Ferrari said aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. :)

stavura and Bundy like this.
  20. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Sometimes, I think I care less, and then I realize how much time I still spend visiting FChat. And talking to Ferrari buddies in the real world. And dreaming of cars...

JagShergill, Eilig and Caeruleus11 like this.
  21. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Yeah, I guess my point is things change but we still dream. Btw- the T50 specs are incredible.

Bundy likes this.
  22. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I’m proud to not own anything newer than 2012! And my basis on all my pre 2012s is so low i will prob never be able to replicate!

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  23. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    But you still come here- why?

Prediction: they'll get you sooner or later!

24. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I enjoy watching people hypothesize and curve fit and then get proven wrong.

25. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I don't know what curve fit is, but if its a new diet, I am in!