My First Ferrari: 612 or FF? | FerrariChat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Which one to get?

1. low-mileage 612 (HGTS, HGTC or OTO)

2. high-mileage FF (60'000-100'000 km+)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Peter.A

Peter.A Rookie

Dec 10, 2019
    Monaco
    Full Name:
    Peter Alberts
    Dear Members, I am currently in the process of choosing my next car.
    I am in my early 40s living in the South of France; no family, but have a French Bulldog and a few friends with whom I enjoy traveling Europe. Coming from a Panamera GTS, I always wanted something a little more special for those weekend trips.

My options are: high-mileage FF (2011-2013) or the best low-mileage examples of 612 (HGTC, HGTS, OTO).
    I love the lines and a certain level of class in a 612, but it seems to be that an FF is overall a better car.
    I plan on buying either of those cars from an official dealer with an extended Ferrari warranty.

I would really appreciate to hear your opinions:
    1. Which car will hold its value better?
    2. How reliable/usable is a 612 in comparison to an FF?
    3. Should I be worried about buying a high-mileage FF (60'000-100'000 km+)?
    4. Which car would you buy in my position and why?

I thank you in advance for all your attention and help!

2. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Less likely to go wrong mechanically in 612 I think.

Lot of car for the money and to me more usable, practical. Great sound - I voted FF, but I would worry about the transmission... so maybe get a warranty...

Hold its value better - neither. Buy what you plan to keep longer term.

Robb

Peter.A likes this.
  3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I have owned a 612, and it’s a lovely car, very capable, great engine, but I voted FF. the FF is the better car, all wheel drive helps you on cold European mountain passes with some safety, and you’ll fit more luggage in the car. Coming from a panamera, the 612 would I think be just too archaic inside with equipment.

612 is closer its ultimate value than the FF, and may even be at its bottom, whereas maybe FF has a little way to go, depending on long term ownership costs. However, you don’t buy any car to drive a lot yet make money, it’s going to cost you, so buy the FF, add a warranty, and enjoy your road trips, I don’t think you will regret it

Peter.A likes this.
  4. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    FF is ugly. And the transmission has known issues.

5. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    in the metal, FF is much much nicer than in photos, and actually, despite owning 612, I had periods where I loved the style, and others where I hated it, based on the various angles at which you looked at her. A four seat ferrari is generally not as sexy, but then, the panamera doesn’t win any beauty contests either, but sometimes you see one from a certain angle, or in a certain spec, and wow!

Peter.A and Igor Ound like this.
  6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i have both cars. outside of the all wheel drive there is no good reason to choose an FF over a 612. yes it performs "better" but if you are in the south of france the right car is the 612 OTO. The 612 OTO is bliss, beautiful, and ballsy. It is a true GT that epitomizes the ferrari experience. the FF is capable of performing every day under all conditions, but it is still fugly compared to the 612. my 2 cents.

-K1-, daytona355, Robb and 1 other person like this.