Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 129 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Obnoxious sound does nothing for me. It has nothing (OK, very little) to do with the style and performance of a car.

2. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The steering weight has nothing to do with the type of assistance. The best Russian and American fighter planes use FBW, which is as inconsequential as the remark regarding McLaren.

3. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    this makes no sense.

Shadowfax likes this.
  4. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    I think some of it could be the visceral part you are lacking in the F8. You have an incredible group of cars there, but just because they are louder, stiffer and rumble more doesn’t mean they are necessarily better. The F8 will outperform The Scuderia and 16M in any quantifiable measure. Top speed, 0 to 60, road handling, braking, etc...

However the F8 may not feel as fast as the others because of the lack of those visceral parts. Just my .02.

Napoli likes this.
  5. daviderx

daviderx Rookie

Feb 5, 2005
    Palm Beach County
    Full Name:
    David
    I drove a Blu Corsa F8 at the dealership yesterday. Having previously owned a 488 spyder I must say I was impressed. Car lines are beautiful, handling was sharp, visibilty more than adequate, interior upgraded and it felt fast - very fast. I sold my 488 as I could not handle the sounds made in lower gears. Whatever they did that is now improved. Does not sound as good as my old F12 but this works. No need to change the exhaust. If all goes well I will be in second batch of orders placed ie next month

6. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    My point exactly. The type of assistance (hydraulic vs electric) doesn't make any difference either.

7. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Actually, I think it would be hard to argue for hydraulic steering in favor of electric all things considered. People say hydraulic has superior feel. That’s mostly just due to laziness of the manufacturers. The electric steering feel in the 812 SF is just as good as the hydraulic in the F12.

8. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The point is that McLaren can't get the steering feel they think their cars should have using electric steering. In their opinion that is a failing of electric steering.
    Rightly or wrongly 'light steering' is typically perceived as lacking 'feel'.

Shadowfax likes this.
  9. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    Just had the pleasure of seeing a Blue Corsa F8 driving the opposite way in traffic. Must have a been the demo from FNB. Overall impression... the looks are 10/10. Honestly, an incredible looking car. They nailed it and the rear end may be the sexiest Ferrari rear end in a long long time.

Can’t comment on the sound as it was completely silent as it drove past. Driver must have had it in auto or was short shifting the hell out of her. Looking forward to getting behind the wheel sometime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

bwshihtzu, SAT4RE and of2worlds like this.
  10. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    #3210 ScottS, Dec 14, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    I drove that car in Florida. Order goes in next week for ? Spring delivery so they say.

Please educate me on one aspect of steering- the 458 had an option- mechanical steering? Am I remembering correctly? What did it do and is it something to look for ?

With regards to the sound- it may be generational. I’m coming across a lot of style differences at work and this distinction is clear. At a car show in St LOUIS with my young boys I heard an engine coming up over a hill. I said stop and turned to it. I said watch boys a 60s Ferrari 12 cylinder is coming. And there was a 275 cresting. They asked me Dad how did you know? And I said my Dad taught me what the sound was and Ill never forget it.

In the era of lightning fast silent cars, many of us are dinosaurs. I’m ok with that.

ScottS

11. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Electrochromic mirror give you electric adjustable steering wheel
    IMO take the option if not you get a cheap and nasty looking rear view mirror

sampelligrino likes this.
  12. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #3212 Shadowfax, Dec 14, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    My comment was more directed at the GT traits which Porsche as a brand subscribes to/labels.

I thought 488 was well received, (evidenced by the resoundingly positive reviews along with the sheer numbers sold) however, being a past GTB owner I understand EXACTLY what you mean Bundy. And in the usual sense of the term GT (meaning grand touring) GTB was in many ways a little too much of that for my liking.

Oddly enough it wasn't until I took delivery of my GT2 that I knew straight away I had to lose the 488 and as much as I liked the look of it, it no longer stacked up or excited me and that's forgetting all about whether or not I could even get a Pista. I will say the GTB was fun while it lasted though and I had some memorable times in it but boy GT2 spoiled that party big time - overnight. Thankfully Pista has shown to possess the elements which I now expect/need in this type of car but I could not see - based upon the majority of F8 experiences reported to date - F8 being a car of interest for me even though it ticks many boxes. So on that note I understand completely what Hardten is on about. These types of cars really do need to possess certain elements - elements which make them what they are supposed to be.

tekaefixe, of2worlds and Bundy like this.
  13. red308

red308 Karting

Nov 13, 2006
    Pleasanton CA
    Drove the F8 yesterday. Wonderful car. Loved it. Didn't find anything to want. Plenty of power. Incredibly fast shifts. Great brakes. Perfect fit for me in the race seats. 5 10 175. Very precise steering. Way less turbo whine than my 720s. Not as throaty an exhaust as my GT2RS. Can't wait to get my Spider late next year.

haithman and of2worlds like this.
  14. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Sat in the gorgeous blue F8 at Tampa Ferrari yesterday. I was scheduled to drive it last week but was very sick with a bad cold. I didn’t get to drive it yesterday but they let me sit in it. It had race seats with the lowering lever. I am 6’5” tall and I fit. My biggest issue is my entire left leg is a prosthetic leg so it doesn’t bend like a real human leg so getting in and out of car can be a issue.

Loved the interior look and feel and body of the car. I watched the F8 come and go with others doing test drives and it sounds extremely muffled...very quiet. Ride height seems super high and I could fit my big fist in the gap of tire to body. Wonder what’s up with that though.

Sales guy said they sold a lot of F8’s this week. I guess I’m not allowed to buy one since I’ve never bought a Ferrari from the dealer. I went back over and looked at a couple of there used 488.

of2worlds likes this.
  15. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    You can buy one as a non previous buyer. You will be put on a waiting list. If you pay your deposit and get listed you could possible have it by this time next year.

16. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    #3217 REALZEUS, Dec 15, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    Not by those in the know. Weight and feel are two different things. There is no reason for a steering rack to require a large physical effort.

Actually the ride height (ground clearance) is pretty low. The gap between the tyres and the arches is just a large.

of2worlds likes this.
  17. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

That’s not true. Give your deposit and get in line and get a car. No games like those idiot Porsche dealers. There are no requirements to purchase a Ferrari. No ADM, no games. You just need money and time.

Astrid.Didier, stavura, Bundy and 2 others like this.
  18. RBarbieri

RBarbieri Karting

Feb 11, 2014
    Bradenton, FL
    Full Name:
    Rich Barbieri
    Mdums - sorry I missed you as I was there also for a test drive. I have the 458 which I like alot but the F8 was absolutely amazing.

mdrums likes this.
  19. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    I was there with my wife around 11am till about 12:30ish. I love the 458...the look sound still very in style!

20. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    My local Porsche dealer... Reeves in Tampa doesn’t do the ADM game. They will sell any Carrera and Turbo model to anyone. The GT cars are more limited and they do a list but only get so many allocations.

21. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    No one wants a regular carrera. Any dealer will sell them at a discount. It’s the GT cars that Porsche plays games with

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  22. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    I am fully aware of that...yes many dealers played the ADM game...it sucks for sure...my local dealer in Tampa doesn’t do that...there are some reputable dealers that did not play that game.

of2worlds and SoCal to az like this.
  23. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Just sold my 488 Spider and got my official order locked in on the F8 Tributo. I've listed my build below. Looking at a late March or April delivery.

EXTERIOR

Paintwork - Paintwork
    EXTC - Rosso Corsa (External Colors)
    LOGO - 'Scuderia Ferrari' Shields

Wheels - Wheels
    RSFD - 20" Forged Diamond Rims

Wheels - Brakes
    CALB - Black Brake Calipers

Wheels - Others
    TIWN - Titanium Wheel Bolts

Exhausts - -
    EXA3 - Sport Exhaust Pipes

INTERIOR

Main Area - Main Area
    CRPT - Nero (Carpets Colors)
    INTC - Nero (Internal Colors)

Seats - Comfort Seats
    STYL - Specific Design Seats

Seats - Others
    RSFE - Full Electric Seats

Details - Cockpit Details
    FLMA - Coloured Mats With Logo
    RVEN - Red Ring On Dashboard Vents
    CLDT - Rosso Ferrari (Coloured Inner Details)

Details - Stitching
    EMPH - Rosso (Horse Stitched On Headrest)
    STC2 - Filo Speciale Rosso (Coloured Special Stitching)

Details - Belts
    CSB1 - Rosso (Coloured Safety Belts)

Carbon Fibre - Carbon Fibre
    CIDL - Carbon Fibre Driver Zone+Leds
    DATR - Carbon Fibre Dashboard Inserts
    CILR - Carbon Fibre Central Bridge
    CIDH - Carbon Fibre Inner Door Handle
    CISK - Exterior Sill Kick In Carbon

EQUIPMENT

Electronics - Adas
    PAC1 - Parking Camera
    PAR2 - Front And Rear Parking Sensors
    PDIS – Passenger Display

Electronics - Driving
    HOLK - Garage Door Openers

anishka, stavura, jim g and 5 others like this.