im in the market for a 355 gts or b ? about baby seat | FerrariChat

im in the market for a 355 gts or b ? about baby seat

Discussion in '348/355' started by blkdiablo33, Dec 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    hi will the air bag turn off for passenger side when infant seat is installed ,i take my son out in my tr and was wondering about the 355 set up?thanks

2. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    Nope, Only way to disarm it would be to Unplug it and you will get a Airbag light then.

3. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i dont mind an air bag light on is it easy to unplug or things need to be removed for access

4. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    blkdiablo33 likes this.
  5. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
  6. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Thanks for all your reply’s when the right 355 comes around will just unplug it

Robb likes this.
  7. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    You can pull the bulb also after the disconnect so you aren’t looking at the bulb on while driving.

Same issue if you swap to a non airbag steering wheel.

I’m not sure the airbags are still expected to work properly after 25 years anyway.

Robb

blkdiablo33 and phrogs like this.
  8. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    It was pointed out to me by an owner not currently on Fchat

"If the owner unplugs the air bag and gets a fault, he won’t pass inspection.
    Disabling safety features can be against the law - So do your due diligence."

In my home state of AZ, we don't have inspections, just emissions for most cars.

Because more modern cars have an "off" setting for the passenger airbag due to child seats, I can't imagine an owner would be penalized for basically deciding to bring this same decision to older cars... but I'm not a lawyer and not very fond of our litigious society where we all must operate.

Enjoy.

Robb

9. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I take my kids for rides all the time. My youngest is now 4, but the car seat I use is thin and with its 5pt harness, I doubt the airbag would reach him.

Either way, it's a great experience to share with everyone. Im glad to see others with kiddos
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

308 GTB and blkdiablo33 like this.
  10. RudyP

RudyP Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

308 GTB, eyeman1234 and blkdiablo33 like this.
  11. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    There was a huge discussion about disabling passenger air bags (due to kids) on a lotus forum a while back. From what i recall, there is a DMV exempt form or process by which you apply for and get (legal) approval to have the passenger air bag disabled.

Robb likes this.
  12. sevminasyan

sevminasyan Formula 3

Jun 24, 2008
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    one connector under the dash I believe you can see it through the center vents and you can install a resistor on the plug to have the light off without pulling the bulb.

Robb likes this.