Ferrari Shop in Western Suburbs of Chicago | FerrariChat

Ferrari Shop in Western Suburbs of Chicago

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Adomowitz360, Dec 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Adomowitz360

Adomowitz360 Rookie

Dec 16, 2019
    Full Name:
    Adam Burke
    Hi all,
    I live in Naperville and am looking to have my 2001 360 Spider serviced. Any recommendations on an independent shop? A couple of Ferrari dealers are close, but I’m not interested in paying those prices...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. wmuno

wmuno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 24, 2007
    Wilmette, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bill Muno
    Try Autosprint on Addison Ave. in Chicago.

jjmalez likes this.
  3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Iron Gate motors in Naperville has a service area and every time i went there they had at least one Ferrari being worked on. Not sure how good they are but it's in Naperville.

Adomowitz360 likes this.
  4. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    The guys over at Mancuso Auto Art in Glenview have pretty good experience dealing with high-end exotics. If you don't mind the trip feel free to give them a call.

Adomowitz360 likes this.
  5. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    #5 JP365, Dec 23, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    I do most of my own work, but when I get truly over my head Continental has always done right by me. As for Autosprint, his prices are now close to Continental.

6. Adomowitz360

Adomowitz360 Rookie

Dec 16, 2019
    Full Name:
    Adam Burke
  7. KKSiva

KKSiva Rookie

Jul 27, 2023
    Full Name:
    Kumar Siva
    I just bought a 1997 F355 - also in Naperville and a first time Ferrari owner. Looking to get some regular maintenance and minor repairs done. Curious to see if you had a good experience with Gus Auto Imports.

8. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    I have no experience with them. Hopefully others will chime in.

KKSiva likes this.
  9. KKSiva

KKSiva Rookie

Jul 27, 2023
    Full Name:
    Kumar Siva
    I meant this question for @Adomowitz360 . How was your experience with Gus Auto Imports?

10. sdiamond

sdiamond Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2009
    Kildeer
    Full Name:
    Steve
    i had a mixed experience at LFSC for a major on my 348. took way longer over winter to have the work done. needed to replace one of the front rads and had to 'order' it which also took a while. my essential problem with them is that after the full major was completed and I picked up the car on the 10 mile trip back home the car died in traffic. long story short, the alternator simply crapped out and the battery was completely flat. While that doesn't seem like an egregious complaint, not like the belt snapped, but you'd think after two months in the shop, paying for a full major service, that someone would have checked everything before releasing it. when i spoke with the Service manager all he could offer was that 'hey, maybe it just failed on your way home. Seriously?? It's time again for the major with very little miles since the last one, and I'm leaning either towards Continental or Giovanni at Autosprint in Chicago. Both have "Winter" rates and both would coordinate the transport to the shop. Yes they are both quoting about the same price $14k-$15k . and that's the off season rate! With values for our cars creeping higher a pending major service cost chops $15,000 out again.

11. SoIllFerrari

SoIllFerrari Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    CD
    I have always had a great experience at Continental and they have been surprisingly timely with the work they do. I sent several cars to them for majors at one time and they had them back within 3 weeks, which was a huge surprise. Their prices are a tad on the high side, but from a main dealer they are fair and do a quality job. More than I can say for several other places.
    I have had a good experience with Autosprint but have not been there in a little while.

12. kestrou

kestrou Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2023
    Danville, IL
    Full Name:
    Kevin E. Stroud
    I live in the cornfields of Illinois and just joined the F-crowd earlier this year.

Dropped my F430 at Continental last week for its first going through since purchase and, of course, more issues than I'd hoped for - but not surprising when sorting a newly purchased car...

Anyways, I don't have a good comparison on service pricing - but they've been very prompt and detailed in their communication, so I'm pleased so far.

Kevin

jjmalez likes this.