Let´s talk about Boxing | Page 130 | FerrariChat

Let´s talk about Boxing

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Zzono, Dec 13, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    AJ put on a master class propelling him back to the top of the HW division. Crisp jabs with power, staying at distance and excellent lateral movement. Straight rights damaged Ruiz' mug. AJ has 2 mandatory defenses coming up before hopefully one day getting Fury or Wilder. AJ would match up well against Wilder.

2. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Indeed!! What a master class, he made Ruiz look like a muppet. :D

And I agree man, I think AJ will outclass Wilder with a performance like this.

Ortiz did it easily until he was caught. AJ can do the same, difference is AJ is younger and quicker than Ortiz, so less like to get caught like Ruiz did.

I think AJ would take the easy win on points against Wilder, but it's Fury who would give AJ trouble also those two would definitely give us a fantastic heavyweight title fight.

I see AJ is looking at fighting Pulev in March back in Europe to defend the WBO title. He will take Pulev apart with another performance like this also, no sweat. :)

3. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Why was I under the impression that Ruiz was coming in fit and in shape. I really thought I saw photos of him during training that he lost A LOT of his fat?

4. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Fury would definitely pose more of a challenge than Wilder, that would make for one compelling HW title fight. I like the idea of AJ getting busy again against Pulev in Q1 2020, he did not take much if any damage from Ruiz except getting hit behind the ear a couple times. He will be the favorite in that fight with his more mature and patient style of fighting.

You confused Ruiz with King Kong?

5. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
  6. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    He did look a little leaner around a month or two ago and Ruiz "hydrated" 16lbs over night when he jumped on the scales 11am the next morning on fight day. lol

He must have had a BIG night eating and drinking to gain 16lbs over night lol. And he carried that weight into the fight of course, which is what he is blaming for the loss lol

7. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

Yep, AJ will take an easy win over Pulev in that fight if he fights a mature fight like he did against Ruiz. He might have a bit more confidence back now and may engage a little more try to knock Pulev out in that fight. :)

King Kong definitely lost weight and looked great in his fight before he was killed by Wilder with that KO punch. :(

Surfah likes this.
  8. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Terence Crawford VS "a guy I can't spell his last name" :p

Terence Crawford, who I think is the best P4P fighter on the planet is defending his WBO Welterweight title at MSG.

I have never heard of the other guy, but he looks like a tough customer and has an undefeated record.

It's the year of the upsets boys, so we will see what happens. :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Crawford looked good. Not great. Nothing special. It's one of those lose lose situations. You beat EK easily, You were suppose to. You kinda struggle, your considered "looking bad".

How about Teofimo Lopez. I dig that guy.

10. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Yeah, I have watched TC's last 12 fights and I don't think have never seen him go toe to toe with anyone like that before.

He is normally very calculated, very accurate and VERY skilled.

Myself, including the commentators at ringside were actually wondering wtf he was doing as it's not his normal style of fighting.

He got the result in the end, but went the long way about it lol.

I watched the post fight in-ring interview and TC said he fought that way because he wanted to put a show for the crowd and he definitely did by trading blows with the stronger man.

I totally agree with your lose lose situation, happens all the time with these champions.

Lopez! What a beast! And he and Lomachenko are going to fight next year?? It might be a case of "a little too early" for Lopez to fight Loma because we all seen that before. :)

ag512bbi likes this.
  11. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Yea, Loma is just too much right now.
    Fighters see him and think they can beat his style cause the lack of power Loma has. But there is a difference between getting beaten up and getting beaten down. Loma beats you DOWN!
    Lopez is not mature enough to handle that pressure. Does he have a chance? A big chance! But I dont think it's his time yet.

12. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Totally agree brother!! Loma will beat you down and beat you good! lol

I think Lopez should have avoided Loma for the next 12 months, have a few more fights under his belt and then challenge the best in the world for his title.

It will be an amazing fight, but I think Loma will take him to school just like Mayweather did Canelo all those years ago.

If they fought a few years later, might have been a different result for Canelo.

ag512bbi likes this.
  13. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Perfect analogy.

PAP 348 likes this.
  14. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    TC lives on the other end of town from me, maybe 10 miles....
    It was interesting to see and hear so many folks touting Omaha Nebraska.

I will say this fight was the first one I ever saw him fight, as I am not a huge
    fight fan, growing up watching Ali, Frazier, Norton, Forman, Spinks, Tyson, Hagler, Sugar Ray Leonard,
    Roberto Duran, etc.
    And even at that, I have never really WATCHED a fight before, the hand speed was incredible.

15. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    You're lucky to live 5 mins down the road from a future boxing hall of famer. :D

16. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    He lives in a part of town we don't...... go to very much.
    It's not really safe - at all.

17. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    True? lol Who's gunna mess with him right? :p

For someone who is a multimillionaire, he is very humble and doesn't waste his money I think.

I have seen his house, car and fishing boat. They are all very old modest and I think only recently he purchased himself a new car.

He loves fishing with his kids and owns a very small, old fishing boat last time I saw him post pictures on Facebook. :)

18. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Really? I'm surprised. Wow.

19. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Chavez Jr missed weight by 5 lbs forfeiting $1 million. Looking for Jacobs to bounce back after his Canelo loss.

20. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Of course he did, What's new.

21. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Yeah man, I just looked and he has purchased his Mum and Grandma new little cars, nothing special.

He recently purchased himself a Dodge Hell Cat, a red one lol.

Other than that, he must save every cent.

Yep, would be great to see. :)

Lol, yep. :D

22. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Top Heavyweight prospect Daniel Dubois in his 5th fight for the year destroys his opponent last weekend to win the WBC Silver title. :)

Big things to come for this young fella in the next few years I reckon. :)

23. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Harrison VS Charlo II for Harrison's WBD Superwelter Weight title last weekend. :)

24. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Davis VS Gamboa for the vacant WBA Lightweight title today. :)

25. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Tank Davis did not look good at all.
    That being said, Gamboa has been dow 17 times in his career with only 3 losses.
    Time to hang em up!?