2020 C8 now Sold Out | FerrariChat

2020 C8 now Sold Out

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by darkkaangel, Dec 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    thecarreaper likes this.
  2. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    At least I'm sure to stay out of trouble for another year. :)

Face76 likes this.
  3. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Oh yeah, I had a deposit in on reveal day. I am number 26 on my dealers list just waiting for February to come so they can start assigning allocations :)

4. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    I’m 8 at martin

5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  6. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    I've seen several (2-3) comments on FChat where folks have cancelled their slot and bought something else that will arrive quicker. I'm likely to wait until 2021.

7. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    TheMayor likes this.
  8. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    I'm dealing with MacMulkin (#2 Corvette dealer) and they said usually all of the pre-orders don't evolve into a final order because the guys back out at the last minute. I know that my order number has gone down since I did the deposit and configuration. It's just a wait and see now as to how the orders will flow. Unfortunately the convertibles ( my selection) will be a month later for the orders. I saw the initial production runs will start at 2 cars an hour and ramp up to 8 per hour. We'll see how quickly that happens when they start in February.

9. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    and so what if the 2020's were sold out, then you'll just have to settle for a 2021. You place your order and get in line. The END of the line.... and wait. Let them work out the early production kinks while you're waiting. :)

energy88 likes this.
  10. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

So what is their production capability? Preorder 40K limit. Can they produce 60K cars? Regardless, not like they won't be all over the place, which again tells me they will have the same depreciation like every corvette ever produced.

Oh, I'm sure a bunch will be mothballed by the nitwits hoping to get double their money in twenty years.

Still have my fingers crossed they build a manual trans in a couple years when I'm ready to join the "FL old man society"

boxerman likes this.
  11. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    There will be no manual in the C8, anymore than there will be a manual in a new Ferrari. That ship has sailed. If you want a manual sports car, it starts with "P"

Boomhauer and TheMayor like this.
  12. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Tadge explained it pretty well in that Autoline Detroit interview. There's no way to run a direct linkage back, including some kind of snake around cables.

13. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    I still dont get the die hard demand for manuals. My C6 only has around 400hp and is fun on pubic roads. Way too much traffic and R/R tracks to want to deal with high hp and a manual.

The paddle shift auto is fine.

Nobody has been running in to dealers to order manual Vettes since 2005 as the sales number prove the lack of demand for a manual when an auto is an option has lead to the demise of the manual.

-Plenty of older Z06's out there for the " want manual !! " crowd to play with. Or a well optioned C7. Or just buy a Porsche and be slower.

Boomhauer likes this.
  14. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Really? In the proper gear in my 964, I would floor it at just the right point & "jump" railroad tracks, such that the landing would be completely smooth. Likely can't do that with an auto trans. Don't have any experience with flappy paddles, but maybe the same could be done...

15. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Manufacturers that put cars on lots consider it sold. There will be some spec'ed to your liking somewhere in the nation that upon delivery, the deal falls through and you're there to sign up for that specific car. I haven't seen or been in an agreement like this with a dealer before to know if you are buying at an MSRP+dealer fee or will have to suck up the hot car, low availability mark-up to not be one of the pre-orders.

Expect more of a competition for the ZR1.

16. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    Not the 6 sets of tracks near me! I had to replace a wheel on my old f150 and bent two 1970 steel Z28 wheels. These tracks are alignment / wheel killers lol.

17. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I have a slot for a convertible. I’m yet to spec the car.

18. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Id always choose a manual if available, but I dont mind paddles. Its just that i find the manual to be more fun. I dont care about maximizing performance.

TheMayor and energy88 like this.
  19. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    "Sticks got drama! Paddles not!"

boxerman and anunakki like this.
  20. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Does this mean the Old duffers are resisting the me layout. Is not a vette in year 1 normally sold out. Or is production capability much greater now.
    Maybe many are waiting to see how the car looks and goes before taking the plunge.
    Or maybe this iteration is not optimal for a Me car.
    Or maybe Corvette should have made two cars, a Fe and a Me that way each could excel in its market segment.

21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    If you want drama go see Tiffany at the strip club. :) Might cost you more than a vette though.

22. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Dealers are reporting about 30% of the "pre-orders" are cancelling for one reason or another. Its to be expected. Things change, people learn more about it, people lose interest, something else comes up, etc.

23. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Same with me.

I'm guessing to spec it later this month but who knows.

24. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I’m speccing the car on Friday. I think I’m going to go with a fun spec.

thecarreaper likes this.