Florida Registration | FerrariChat

Florida Registration

Discussion in 'Florida' started by jstollen, Jan 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jstollen

jstollen Rookie

Jan 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    James Stollenwerck
    Hi Everyone,

I live in Vero Beach and my stepson lives in London, UK. He has a British passport and no Florida License, but UK license.

He wants to buy a 550 Maranello which is for sale in Miami. He would like to keep the car here and register it at my address in Vero so he can use it when he comes over, which can be quite a lot.

I am under the impression for the car to be registered in his name, he has to show the DMV he resides at the address with proof such as bank statements and utility bills, for example. He has non of these, of course.

Is there any way around this? Do I have to put the car in my name? Could I then "give" the car back to him to get it back into his name without another tax?

Thoughts, please!

tx

James

2. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    He can get a library card for free. That and an insurance bill (for the car) should prove his address.

I have friends from England and Germany here in FL. They all have multiple cars registered and insured here. It can't be that hard.

APA#1 likes this.
  3. tamiami

tamiami Karting

Mar 14, 2007
    Find out what is needed for sure by going to the DMV by the airport. I found out they are very helpful when I moved to Vero and had car sales and transfers to do.

4. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Has he considered forming an LLC based in Montana to take title to the car? Saves on sales tax too. Never done it myself but have friends that have no problems.

craterface likes this.