GTC4 Boot size | FerrariChat

GTC4 Boot size

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by gougoul, Jan 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gougoul

gougoul Formula 3

Nov 25, 2004
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Hi,

I currently have a Panamera 4S (new model), and consider swapping it for either a Turbo S (that is very good tax wise here) or a GTC4 (very bad tax wise, but you only once right...)
    Anyway, officially both cars have +/- the same boot/trunk size, but having tested the GTC4, I have serious doubts about that claim...

So how is it in real life terms ?
    How many rimowa cases do you guys manage to fit in on a airport commute ?

Thanks, Pierre.

Oh, and comments about general reliability are of course warmly welcomed ;)

2. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    We can fit two road bikes and enough luggage for a two week holiday in our FF.

Porsche is more reliable than Ferrari - everyone knows that. But you don’t buy a Ferrari for reliability...

3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    So far the Lusso seems to be reliable. As for boot space. Hm, not sure who would ever claim it was the same size as a Panamera. Maybe on paper, but not in real life.

If you take out the shelf, I'd reckon you could fit two standard size 70l rollers and two standard 38-40l carry-on trolleys.

4. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Well my wife has a new Panamera and I have a FF and I can tell you the boot space in the Panamera is more spacious than the FF. I believe the GTC4 is a few centimeters longer and wider than the FF, but not enough to equal the storage space of the Panamera.

5. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    Image Unavailable, Please Login not as big as a panamera for sure. But I bought some North Face trolley soft bags instead of our big square Tumis and they fit nicely, one at the bottom and one on top of the step in the boot. Still have space for computer bag, camera, backback etc. Not a GLS but enough for family vacations.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11, Bamsefar and Nospinzone like this.
  6. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Lusso so far completely reliable. Boot space you can see here and on youtube in reviews. The only thing you need to know is the front tires and wheels are easily damaged by potholes so you must be extra vigilant.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    You can fit F12 rubber on the stock wheels for added protection.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  8. Mickey Bharat

Mickey Bharat Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 4, 2019
    Cotati, California
    Full Name:
    Mickey Bharat
    Here’s the boot on my car with my wife’s and daughters luggage going to SFO international .and still room to spare

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

ANOpax likes this.
  9. gougoul

gougoul Formula 3

Nov 25, 2004
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Thank you all for your replies !

I have to say that my wife doesn't really pack lightly... so it might be a tad tight...