NHL 2019-20 season | Page 4 | FerrariChat

NHL 2019-20 season

Discussion in 'Sports' started by TheMayor, Sep 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I just wonder where they would play. The Sonics left town for lack of a modern facility, remembering that Key Arena was originally built for the 1962 World's Fair and was never intended to be a permanent structure. I know it's being renovated (again) but will that be good enough? (Among other problems, there is very limited parking in the vicinity.)

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    PhilNotHill and JAM1 like this.
  3. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  4. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  5. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    It's the end of the year and the Islanders are still hanging in there, including a win over the Caps today. I hope they're still there at playoff time.

7. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    86,000+ to watch an outdoor hockey game in Dallas - that's impressive!:)

8. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    I was there. Once in a lifetime experience. The weather was PERFECT for outdoor hockey.

Overcast entire day, 51 degrees. Cold enough for good ice conditions and general "ambiance" but not painfully cold if you dressed appropriately.

The sightlines at the Cotton Bowl were much better than baseball stadiums often used for W.C.

It was a rough start but the last 21 minutes or so of the game were exciting for us Stars fans.

Crowd management was the only complaint. They constricted 85,000 fans into a couple of bottlenecks without proper signage for those who had never been to the venue before. And most events take place around the state fair, when the entire fair park facility is open to public, not just the immediate vicinity around the Cotton Bowl.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I have never seen this before.

Sharks lead 3-2 over Washington. Sharks get an empty net goal with 1 minute left in the game making it 4-2.

Washington then scores 2 more goals in 40 seconds to tie in regulation and wins in OT.

10. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yeah the Sharks joined the Leafs as one of the worst meltdowns in NHL history. The difference is the Leafs did that in a game 7 playoff game.

11. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ryan13 likes this.
  12. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  13. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You beat me to it. I'm not sure what's more stupid; firing Gallant or hiring DeBoer. Whomever made this decision is the one that needs to be fired.

Sorry Vegas fans, get used to a terrible product on the ice, and NEVER winning the Stanley Cup with DeBoer as your coach.

14. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I think everyone is in shock

The team has played really poorly the last week (I was at two of the games -- the loss to the Kings was a complete embarrassment) but this must have been in the works for a while. The coach had a testy time with the press about a week ago over the team's performance but this is still a shock.

This DeBoer guy is really jumping the shark.

Has any coach ever been at the All Star game who was already fired?

15. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I don't know, but in baseball, Joe Girardi was once named Manager of the Year at the end of a season where he was fired by the Florida Marlins!

16. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ovechkin 8 goals in his last 3 games. Passes Mario Lemieux and ties Steve Yzerman.

If he plays 4 or 5 more years he has a serious shot at passing Wayne Gretzky (who has 894)

17. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Hollywood ending to last night's Canes-Isles game. 7 rounds of the hated, dreaded, miserable, let's just get rid of it once and for all shootout, former Captain Justin Williams, out of hockey in semi-retirement since last year, first game back, scores game winner. I HATE THE SHOOTOUT.

18. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    We lived near St. Louis for 35 years. Went to the Blues games. Then the Blues won the Stanley Cup.
    Last year.

Fast forward to 2020. I am on Xfinity. I can get EVERY NHL game except the Avalanche which are blocked out bcuz they are in a contract dispute. So the only games that l want to watch that l can’t get is CO VS STL. The Blues are currently two wins ahead of the Avs. I can’t switch providers as l signed a two year contract with Xfinity...they cut my fee by $200/month.

Any suggestions on how l can watch Avs games?

19. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    So I need to kill time before the Superbowl. I am watching the Caps-Pens game, and I see these referees suck.

20. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Mike, officiating has been very uneven this year. Attended Canes-Canucks y'day and saw probably half a dozen mystifying calls/ non-calls. By the way, Mayor, also was at VGK game vs. Canes on Friday night and I saw pretty much the same level attack that I saw last year under a different coach. VGK had foot on gas from start to finish and Subban gave them a good night in the nets.

21. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'm hoping this gets cleaned up in time for the playoffs, but who are we kidding they always suck.

There was one yesterday I couldn't believe wasn't called. A Washington player had the puck along the boards, and he was cross checked right off his feet and down to the ice, the referee stood there like a statue. I stopped watching the game after that play. If I wanted to see bad officiaiting, I'd just tune in to the Superbowl.

22. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    we are fortunate to have a tremendous play by play guy here in John Forslund, who is probably the most objective broadcaster and never a homer. When he says over the air "I'd like to see the replay on that one" you know it's bad.

23. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ovie another hat trick.

14 goals in 7 games.

40 so far, he is on pace for about 55 goals but right around 50 is where he should end up. I'm predicting he gets 51-52 goals. That will put him at about 710 on his career, and he would need 183 to break Gretzky's record of 892 goals.

It truly is remarkable that he is doing it in this age with low to medium scoring games, whereas Gretzky's era a team would score 6-8 goals a game.

24. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    as of last weekend NHL was averaging total 6.1 goals per game. We'll learn a lot about the Canes during this four game road trip. Blown out by Blues Tuesday night.

25. NaO

NaO Karting

Apr 23, 2017
    This is a bit late. But for future black out games just stream them on your laptop.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app