Independent service shop | FerrariChat

Independent service shop

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by Carbide, Jan 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carbide

Carbide Karting

Sep 27, 2019
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Full Name:
    Dave Schneyer
    Picked up a 360 a few months ago. I’m located in West Bloomfield MI. Any good Indy shops in the area? Steve’s European auto is near me. Any input would be appreciated. I plan to do most of the maintenance myself with the exception of clutch and belts.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    I'd think these would be two things that would be something an owner could do. I'm planning on doing my own clutch when it gets time and certainly the belts. I draw the line at anything bathed in oil.

3. Carbide

Carbide Karting

Sep 27, 2019
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Full Name:
    Dave Schneyer
    I don’t have the equipment to set the clutch up and if my engine is going to blow up from improper belt installation I want to have someone to hold accountable. I’m certain I could do the belts but just so worried after hearing horror stories.

4. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    chuck kapella (sp?) is in birmingham

5. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I'd for sure go to the dealer. Cauley is fantastic, the service manager is ranked #1 in the world by Ferrari. Yesterday they were awarded the Top Service award by Ferrari for all of North America. When you have a dealer this good that is that close I don't understand why you'd want to go somewhere else.

6. Carbide

Carbide Karting

Sep 27, 2019
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Full Name:
    Dave Schneyer
    Honestly the little I’ve dealt with them I’m not so impressed. Not horrible just bleh. But in reality if I can save lots of $$$ and still get quality work why wouldn’t I?

7. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    You did mention accountability. When you have it serviced by the dealer there is a two year warranty on the work preformed. So if the engine grenades from a bad timing belt, you're covered. I do get 10% off service as I am a FCA member.

If you insist on going independent Motorwerkes is right by you. Also Curt Ormiston I'd consider- he was a race mechanic and built a car at Michelotto. You just have to be patient though as his back can give him problems.

tfazio likes this.
  8. MILotus

MILotus Karting

May 20, 2004
    Lansing, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I just had my 360 serviced by Jeremy at F1 Motorsports in Troy and was very happy. He did all fluids and belts and swapped my Tcu to a Stradale.

Carbide likes this.
  9. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    I have to agree with Paul K: I have had great luck with Cauley and I found their prices reasonable. They did the rear main seal on my 360 and not only was the work perfect, the price was less than what others paid at their local shops (I researched what people have been paying across the country).