Max Verstappen | Page 67 | FerrariChat

Max Verstappen

Discussion in 'F1' started by CRG125, Aug 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

The salary number looks more rational vs earlier press. If true of course. The length not so focused to me given the performance clause the contracts have normally

2. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    The smell of death and desperation is in the air. The salaries in F1 are becoming as big a turn off as the technical rules and the personalities. Not that F1 is the only sinner in terms of money. But I have already turned my back on those sports. Not sure I care enough to come back to F1 in 2020.

3. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    This is the era of fathers buying their sons F1 teams and drivers buying $20mm seats at trash teams. Pretty soon, F1 will be a multi-billionaire's only club and the days of drivers getting seats purely on merit will be gone. If you think the show sucks now, just wait until 95% of the grid is comprised of Strolls and Latifififis whinging around street circuits in a two-make series.

4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    eh?

5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    It looks like the glass is half empty for you.
    For me it's still half full, and I haven't lost my interest.
    F1 cannot stand still, but has to move with the time.

trumpet77 and DF1 like this.
  6. DF1

We are close now lol. 3 teams are competitive only. :p

7. DF1

Add this — https://www.planetf1.com/news/symonds-car-manufacturers-are-in-trouble/

8. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

It has always been the case that car manufacturers' involvement in F1 is subject to the economic climate.
    For Renault, Mercedes and Honda, F1 isn't their core business, but the reality is that they have to adapt their strategy to satisfy market and legislation.
    So, I can see exiting F1 before too long.
    Ferrari will always be the odd one out.

9. DF1

F1 will not survive Ferrari alone. The subject of the future is the only question that matters. All makers are affected and F1 is not a significant part of sales as an incentive to buyers.

10. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    If the car manufacturers desert F1, Ferrari will be the only obstacle for it to become a specs series like Indycar.

11. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferrari could be that spec manufacture ! where some teams are more equal than others.....

12. DF1

13. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Sure, give Max a car that is 3 seconds per lap faster than anyone else, and the championship will be his.

ricksb, william and DF1 like this.
  14. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I hope his car is good enough that he gets a chance to prove himself right.

Having said that, I also wouldn't expect him - or any other top tier driver - to respond any differently. Give me the right car and I can beat anyone.

lorenzobandini and william like this.
  15. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Even if the car is good enough, you still have to be consistently fast and perform under pressure in order to beat Hamilton. Ask Vettel, he can confirm this.

william likes this.
  16. DF1

True. You need the skill to take advantage of the car and capability

ktu and william like this.
  17. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Put Max in the same car as Lewis then we would know, never going to happen, but with F1 so extremely car dependent for so long we will never really know who is better without both drivers driving for Mercedes.

pilotoCS, SimCity3 and DF1 like this.
  18. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Why do I feel Russian dash cams of traffic accidents will be more interesting?

19. In my 60ish yearsof auto racing fandom, I don't remember when this wasn't true. Even during the "Formula Cosworth" era, it was the same....vast majority of years it was 1, 2, or sometimes 3, that were on top of the heap. Hey! Sounds like now, eh? :)
    Please remind me when it was that I'm forgetting. Don't slip in lesser teams winning when the dominators DNFd. That happened alot when things were stressed to the max as opposed to nowadays. That did not make them competitive opponents, just lucky. Look at the Constructor points over the years........ ;)

ricksb, trumpet77, DF1 and 2 others like this.
  20. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

F1 has always been car dependent !!

Where has you been all these years ?

ricksb, ktu and lorenzobandini like this.
  21. Yup, soon to be just a memory though, as the masses are more interested in "real" racing (bs....scripted showtime).
    It's called auto racing as it was originally mainly about who could build the fastest cars. It's not called "driver racing" or, what it appears to be what the masses want...."who can design the most entertaining, closest, racing show" (fiction as opposed to the reality of real auto racing).

:)

william likes this.
  22. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Max in the Merc would be the end of Little Mermaid Lewis.

For the same reason Ricciardo is not in a Merc seat.

23. Oh well.

They aren't.

Lewis is.

ktu and william like this.
  24. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

If, if, if ... "If my auntie had balls, she would be my uncle ! ", is the saying.

Always the same speculations from the haters camp, to dismiss Hamilton's success as some kind of fluke.

Terra and ktu like this.
  25. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    And remains a fluke: year after year after year.....

ktu likes this.