Cars on 5th Naples - F40, F50, 246 & more | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Cars on 5th Naples - F40, F50, 246 & more

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Kruegmeister, Feb 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I know they started charging admission because the crowds were getting excessive. What did the organizers think of this year’s crowd levels? Are they considering raising the admission prices to reduce them more?

2. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    the funny thing is that i can see masses of ferraris at this show, and yet whenever i am in naples, i hardly see any......where do they all hide and why dont people drive them??

VIZSLA likes this.
  3. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    The problem was that for the first 14 years the show was free. The City would not let us use "a public street" and charge admission. Finally when I stood before City Council as a club rep in 2017 they said there are too many people. I said we think the same thing. Let us charge and it will lessen the crowd. And 100% of the gate goes to St Matthews...a fantastic organization that helps the down and out back on their feet. The City relented and we charged $20. If we raise it higher there will be backlash. Being free for so many years makes it harder to increase the admission price.

On a good note the show raised over $550,000 for St Matthews. This is a great example of car owners participating to the betterment of the community.

bball16, JAM1 and tomc like this.
  4. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Where are you hanging out? If I don't see 3 per day it's a slow day....lol. If you are anywhere near 5th or 3rd you have a better chance.

VIZSLA likes this.
  5. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    I see lots of ways to improve the show. But now that I live much of my time in NC it's not my place to say unless asked. I have to be careful to say too much lest the Naples Ferrari Club President will try to put me back in charge. No thanks........13 years was enough!!

bball16 and VIZSLA like this.
  6. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    It’s really incredible the amount of money you are able to raise for charity. Kudos to you and everyone else for their efforts over the years in putting together this event and the great benefit it brings to St. Matthews.

bball16 and BT like this.
  7. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    maybe i am not there at the right times of the year then.

8. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    How was the attendance? From those pics it looks a lot less than last year unless those were taken very early as cars were coming in. I went last year for the first time and it was shoulder to shoulder

9. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Based on $550,000 donated and $20 per head for entry, it look like about 25,000 attendees. Very impressive! It is one of my favorite car shows, although I have not been since moving to GA.

10. Yenko

Yenko Karting

Jan 23, 2014
    Florida, USA
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Shoulder to shoulder isn't an understatement. I was very lucky to have had a car in the VIP tent and was so happy to have the crowd thinned out in this area. If I was parked on the street I would have been freaked out.

They do a fantastic job with this show and it all goes towards a great cause. My hat goes off to Tom and all the volunteers.

11. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Too crowded...too many CaliTs and 488s. :)

12. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    What others have said. I believe there to be at least 4 488 spiders on Marco alone ( mine included) . I try to drive mine every day.

13. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    In the early years [2005-2009] before the show attendance exploded I was able to convince owners of significant cars to participate. F40s, Daytonas, C/4s, Enzo, Dinos, 275s and so many more beautiful non FCars. But when the crowds swarmed in the later years as much as I tried the same owners just didn't want to put up with the hassle and risk. One year when the word got out that a kid did some damage to a Rolls things changed. Strollers, cameras, purses and pictures being taken while sitting in or on the cars became too much.

Funny.....Last week while packing to re-locate the last of my stuff from Naples for my move to NC I was looking through my Cars on 5th registration files from the early years. It was an impressive list of vintage and significant Ferraris.

Yenko and VIZSLA like this.