Superautomatic Coffee Machine - Jura E8 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Superautomatic Coffee Machine - Jura E8

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by ASK328, Mar 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Richmond, VA + Düsseldorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    cls, NbyNW, tomc and 1 other person like this.
  2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  3. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    Slayer and yes, it's manual. Well, digital and manual to be precise. Brewtimer and pre infusion. The best machine I ever had
    Sent from my Pixel 3 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

tomc likes this.
  4. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Very cool
    I was just checking out slayers on chriscoffee a couple of days ago.
    How would you compare it to your prior machines in terms of use and brew? Any issues w set up or maintenance?
    my ~10 year old Alex duetto has had some issues lately so I’ve been shopping while repairing

5. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    Actually, the handling is so much easier! I know, it's all about practice but with this machine properly dialed in, it's just a blast!!
    With the pre brew timer and some really good single orgin coffee it's unbelievable what to get out of a bean.
    Don't laugh, I bought a cheap barazza sette w270i grinder. This thing has the appearance of a Chinese toaster but has etzinger scale. So basically grind to weight

This together is handling wise for dummies. Which makes the difference. I can make 20 shoots after another and they are all the same.
    My old bezzera, I still use her in my other home, requires a lot of attention, which is fun as well. But every shot is a new challenge.

That's the difference
    Sent from my Pixel 3 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

tomc and C50 like this.
  6. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Our Santo Domingo espresso showed up a few days ago. Tried it this morning. Yummy. Even the wife is impressed. Good stuff. Thanks Fred!
    T

NbyNW and chris0315 like this.
  7. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    NbyNW, wax and C50 like this.
  8. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I bought a bunch of ground espresso on Amazon last night. This included. But mainly Italian - Illy and LavAzza. Decaf and full strength.

9. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Good call. Lavazza Dek is perhaps the best decaf espresso I can recall having tried.

I bought some Medaglia D'Oro decaf from Amazon to give it a try.

Goya decaf is also quite good when you want a late night espresso.

T

NbyNW likes this.
  10. JL350

JL350 Karting

Jan 20, 2013
    We just got a Jura S8, not the same model, but it works well. The milk function and cleaning is a bit of faring around but the adjustability for temperature etc is good.

We had a Delonghi Elleta which made over 7000 coffees, which is a good unit but the coffee was not hot enough for my wife. I like the Delonghi system for the milk frothing better than the Jura. The old machine is getting serviced if viable, the boiler is failing and it will take two or three weeks to get fixed, and with the corona virus, a new machine was a better option than my wife not getting her morning coffee while I am working from home...

arizonaitalian likes this.
  11. Theoldman

Theoldman Rookie

Apr 30, 2020
    Full Name:
    nathandev
    I purchased this machine in 2018. I really like it! Unfortunately for about a year, later the frother stopped working properly. We contacted Mr. Coffee and were told that the frother had an internal issue. When I asked what we should do they said buy a new machine. I asked if less than 2 years was the typical life expectancy of this machine and they said no they are designed to last much longer. However, we were out of warranty so we are out of luck.

12. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    #87 arizonaitalian, Jul 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    I have been a (reasonably) happy Jura user for nearly 20 years. But I moved to Europe for a while last year and had to sell my 110v Jura’s.

Now back in the USA and after a bit of research bought a Phillips 3200 lattego:

After using it for 6 weeks, I can say it’s as advertised. It’s the lazy man’s cappuccino maker. Easiest auto machine I’ve ever used and makes good espresso and good-enough foam and steamed milk. And the clean up is far and away the easiest since the milk does not enter the machine (that’s its parlor trick). It’s other winning feature is the ease and simplicity of making custom adjustments for each drink (water amount, milk amount, grind time).

Given the big price increases of Jura’s over the years, this machine is only 1/3 or less of any comparable Jura. And given how Jura’s break with some regularity, I figured this could break 3x more often and I’m still even.

The machine is $799, and they sell a two-year warranty extension for only $89. Seattle coffee gear offers 10% off your first purchase if you join their mailing list. So for this machine with the longer warranty its only $800 delivered (+ your state's sales tax) .

https://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/philips-saeco-3200-lattego-superautomatic-espresso-machine?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiMOWl9Po6gIVkyCtBh1JLg-REAAYAiAAEgKKTvD_BwE

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Hey AzIt!

Looks fire and forget!
    I may have to go and sabotage the wife's DeLonghi. LOL.

T

14. ArthurHolo

ArthurHolo Rookie

Oct 12, 2020
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Arthur Holowaychuk
    We have Jura Imrpessa and pretty happy with it. Actually, we wanted to buy Jura Ena, but we found a review describing pros and cons of both models. We compared the machines, and Impressa got more points because Eva can’t be used for brewing any milk-based drinks like lattes and cappuccinos.

The machine is suitable for beginners, even our daughter can use it. She's only 11 and she loves to make toasts for breakfast every Sunday. Now she can make a coffee without any problems. And I can see how proud she is to prepare breakfast for everyone :D