Will we finally have a worthy world champion? | FerrariChat

Will we finally have a worthy world champion?

Discussion in 'F1' started by furoni, Feb 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    WEll, as we all know, f.1 as been a farse ever since 2014. Mercedes basically gave the FIA the specifications for the new hybrid era, and the Federation dully complied. Not only did they "wrote" the rules, but they also had 3 years in advance to develop and prepare for them, and the final touch to be sure no one would even come close, was the decision to freeze engine development during the year, with the creation of a ridiculous "token" sistem that basically ensured no one would ever catch Mercedes in the next few years. As if all of this was not enough, The Stewards were also put at Mercedes orders, alowing their drivers to brake the rules while severely punishing everyone else for much lesser ofenses (opne of the most extreme cases was penalizing Sirotkin after Elton forgot to look in the mirrors and almost provoking a very serious accident!!!)
    With all of this, The FIA handed the titles to one of the Mercedes drivers, and inside the Silver team, Elton was the chosen one, he had the ebst crew, best people working for him, and when Nico tried to fight him, he was pubicly chastisized and theatned by team Boss Toto"the wolf". So the champion was determined by decrete even before the engines were turned on!! Fortunatly elton arrogance and misbehaviour wa such that fed up with his atitude, mercedes alowed Nico to have a proper go a the title, and to no surprise, elton was beaten. Tired ofr the pressure inside teh team, Nico left, and Without a tp driver option, Elton ensured his next team mate would not be a treath. But now other teams were catching up, above all Ferrari, so imidiatly the FIA came in assistance, trying to stop Ferrari's progression, finding ways to prevent the car to further developing, while mercedes were alowed to run ilegal parts to erase their tire problem, and finally changing tyre spec in order to best suit their cars. The final nail in the oposition was last year canadian G:p were vettel was stripped of his victory to make sure Elton would win, and sending a warning that no one should fight or block a mercedes driver!!! So after 6 years of farse, will we finally get to see the best man win? Is the FIA finally going to allow other teams and driver to compete? Will we finally see the best drivers (Charles and Max) giving us the show and the fight that we deserve? Let's hope so (except for the elton fanboys i know)
    What's your thoughts on this one folks?

stavura, 375+ and fil like this.
  2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Looks like somebody is having a hissy fit here !

DGPF, Patrick Dixon, kylec and 3 others like this.
  3. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Or maybe a "meltdown"

DGPF, Patrick Dixon and william like this.
  4. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Reminds me of the massive rants we used to have here.

5. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    What would Sid do?

6. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau
    It's a Ferrari site.

Go over to the Chelsea FC site if you want to see proper battles :D

7. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau
    Charles V Max is the future.

Hopefully Norris can also join the party at some point

Giallo 550, DF1 and Bas like this.
  8. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    In my opinion, Vettel deserved the penalty he got in Canada.
    a) Vettel lost it under immense pressure
    b) goes off track out of control
    c) reenters track not under control and almost causes a crash
    d) causing Hamilton to have brake hard to avoid a crash.
    Probably should have had a 10 second penalty.

DGPF, ktu and william like this.
  9. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Or to summarise the opening post:-

“I’ve still got sour grapes from Hamilton winning and any team he drives for is evil. I don’t really care who wins but my prejudice against Hamilton is so strong that I have to pretend that I do. Thanks”

Setting aside the hysteria, I think, and hope, that we could be in for a great season. Ferrari and Redbull both finished 2019 strong enough to win races. So we should see a 3 team race for the title. I hope ferrari wins it (obviously) but that will be dependent on not just the car but the dreadful strategy and management departments. They cost us so many wins last year it’s not even funny.

10. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Maybe evil is not the correct term but we know both Mclaren and Mercedes are known cheaters....something a can tolerate, but bribing the stewards like they diod in canada was a bit too much, it was so ridiculous even they felt embarrassed about it!

11. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Nico beating Ham really should end the "Ham is the greatest" discussion in my mind. Merc has simply had the best car in the Turbo-Hybrid era. As for how that came to be, well furoni males some very good points.

Yes, sure, Ham has 6 titles, numerous wins, poles, etc. All very much due to his car being so dominant.

I truly hope the SF1000 and the new RBR are worthy rides for Charles (& Seb) and Max this year. If so, I think we are in for a real treat and some a bit of an eye-opener.

12. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I don't care if we have a worthy champion as long as the champion is one of our guys, and then I'll leave the debates about worthiness for others.

13. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    The OP doesn't like Hamilton. You don't say? Elton this, cheater that . . . . favoritism from the tire supplier . . . . whinge, whinge, whinge. Did he criticize Lewis's fashion choices? I don't know as I stopped reading before his rant ended.

It looks like so far this season, nothing much has changed. Let's hope this isn't a bad omen for the Ferrari team.

DGPF, Nuvolari, Surfah and 3 others like this.
  14. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Perfect post,sir!

Nortonious likes this.
  15. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Afraid to be banned similar to Pistol Pete, therefore I have no comment. The F1 forum imho has since spiralled into a Merc/Hamchat echo chamber to the pleasure of the select handful who find it motivating to post.

Giallo 550, Bas, furoni and 5 others like this.
  16. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

To pretend that we didn't have worthy world champions since 2014 because they were not driving red cars is a bit extreme.
    No wonder it provokes some reactions from less partisan contributors.

pilotoCS and ktu like this.
  17. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Funny thing is should we see Charles or Seb win the WDC this year, I expect many of those debating #44 superiority will fade away.

Lord please make the SF1000 fast and reliable (and while we're at it, can we get rid of the Mission Winnow too, and bring back grid girls, and Sid...did I ask for too much).

furoni and Bas like this.
  18. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Sid now banned from rest of Fchat?

19. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    He's doing bird for a month or two.

20. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Izzy, our hopes rely in the hands of Binotto, Charles, seb and the rest of the team, should they win and Midle earth will be orc free once again!

Isobel likes this.
  21. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    No, your demands are more than just sir, but these are troubled times, we must however hope that good we will conquer evil, and the red flags will once again fly high, and cast a shadow over the grey demons...

Nortonious likes this.
  22. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Probably chasing "birds" for a month or two :)

23. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Absolutely. In no way did I want Fchat F1 section to be an endless Tifosi echo chamber, and it wasn't. Obviously some Ferrari bias as is expected, but the moderators have spend many years pretending to be a ''true, unbiased'' forum that it's become exactly what you've said it is: Merc/Hamchat cheering section. Say anything that may demean Elton/Merc and the trolls are at it...and doing their best reporting as much as they can.

It has resulted in the banning of plenty of people who contributed heavily to the forum. The banning of Pete was just it for me: One of the most ridiculous bans I've seen on (any) forum and showed the mods true colours.

The F1 forum is an utter shambles. Might as well rebrand it the McMercChat section.

Now where did she say ANYTHING amounting to that? William as per usual you make utter drivel up at the spot.

24. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Research this forum, you will find it's mostly Ferrari fans who start a Hamilton thread, or introduce Hamilton into a thread. See this original post for an example.

DGPF and william like this.
  25. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Hey Bas. Dead on. And received exactly the expected unrelated response.

kes7u, Bas, furoni and 3 others like this.