The F50 Thread | Page 88 | FerrariChat

The F50 Thread

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by amenasce, Dec 28, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Mark, I do believe you have uncovered the reality of some practices that occurred at Ferrari SpA during the building of the F50, brilliant stuff! ;)

That's why these threads are an invaluable resource for buyers, owners and enthusiasts alike.

2. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  3. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Mark here is another one for you.

You know how the F50 came with a pair of black suede JP Tods racing shoes?

Well, at the end of production in 1997, some cars were said to be delivered with Ferrari FILA racing shoes, is this correct?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Modulo_B and NürScud like this.
  4. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  5. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    NürScud and joe sackey like this.
  6. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Agreed, this below is what I have in my archives also, by the way do you have a spare pair you'll sell?

7. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    but hey who knows, one thing we do know Joe, its Ferrari therefore nothing is as expected or standard!

They are a bit more mass production now, but back in the day, especially pre 288GTO era, a lot of the time it was whatever was on the shelf.

Especially on Fridays after a few glass of vino at lunchtime :eek:

joe sackey likes this.
  8. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    Sadly none for sale, and I have not seen any for a while. But they do come up now and again, as soon as i see a pair i will let you know.
    the last pair i bought was an adventure, and cost as much as a small family car - a story for another day

9. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    Joe I think someone is winding you up, it the 1st of March not the 1st of April

done a quick search they are Michael Schumacher copies $46 dollars a pair......

Authentic FILA Ferrari Michael Schumacher Replica Racing Shoes. In red and carbon, with white lettering...fireproof, conforming to FIA 8856-2000. We bought these from SpeedGear and they were used once by a lady model at an indoor car show, then these were put back in the original factory carton... so these are nearly new, please check the photo array and see for yourself. Yes, it even includes the FILA manual about them, which in that 1st picture. Not only do the uppers and interiors look nearly new, but the soles do, too. Even the white lettering still looks good, and the original "stuffing" to keep the shape of the shoes was even put back in. There are two "outer carton" photos showing the size and another showing the conversion from US Size 5. I probably don't have to explain that most Michael Schumacher collectibles are $$$ 3-4 figures?** Our price for this official FILA/Michael Schumacher collectible is a mere fraction of that @ $46.88!

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/real-fila-ferrari-michael-schumacher-1817548360

NürScud and joe sackey like this.
  10. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Got it thanks!

11. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  12. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  13. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    AtSomePoint likes this.
  14. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  15. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  16. Jeffrey Volkert

Mar 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Volkert
    USA In a purchase of the vehicle. 330 493-6000 Jeff Volk Thanks

17. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Does he also own an Enzo and LaF ?

18. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    He has the Enzo.

19. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Is there a phrase used when someone has the whole 'set'? 288 GTO, F40, F50, Enzo and LaF - like the 'holy trinity' - something in Italian maybe.
    How many collectors have the whole set? 20? 30?

20. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    I am not sure the LaFerrari fits in the set, as its Hybrid - to me the bloodline changed at this point, just my opinion, sure I will be shot down :(

Pure combustion, pure analogue - the 288GTO, F40, F50 and the Enzo - over here in the UK that is known as "The Bloodline Collection", made famous by the front cover and extensive write-up in the Top Gear magazine featuring the stunning collection of cars owned by Dr KS.
    Others journalists and magazines have followed with a similar cover story.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

NürScud, BJK and AtSomePoint like this.
  21. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    This makes no sense. One could argue that the 288 and the F40 do not adhere the brand's V12 history. Another one could say that the F50, the Enzo and the LaFerrari are not true to the original twos' turbocharged V8s. Also, the Enzo, with its F1 gearbox, active aero, electronic suspension and driver aids, is far from being analogue. The LaFerrari is just the next step. All these cars share a common element, they are Ferrari's pinnacle in their respective eras. As such, the LaFerrari is most certainly a part of the bloodline and objectively the best of the lot; till the next one arrives.

Garretto, BJK and Rossocorsa1 like this.
  22. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Agreed. Straying off this thread topic. I may start a separate one to discuss this. But, for here, back to the F50.

joe sackey likes this.
  23. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    as i said, just my opinion and i was prepared to be shot down, everyone to there own. It makes sense to me, but to you it makes no sense - guess thats what makes a market.
    If we are going forward in time we might as well go back in time and include 340 MM, 750 Monza, 250 Testa Rossa, 250 GTO, 250 LM etc etc

BJK asked a question, that has no definitive, right or wrong answer - as i said just my opinion

but I suppose as Dirty Harry said "opionion are like arse holes, everyone has one"

24. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Didn't mean to shoot anyone down or be disrespectful. I just stated my opinion. Cheers. :)

275GTB and BJK like this.