I am really liking the 3.6 liter upgrade, the more i drive the car | Page 2 | FerrariChat

I am really liking the 3.6 liter upgrade, the more i drive the car

Discussion in '308/328' started by AZDoug, Mar 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    Try the black again stuff from meguires, don't recall it's exact name. The top is not really paint, is an odd texture surface. I cleaned up one targa top a couple yrs back with, mineral spirits (testspot first, never know if someone painted it) then used a coating of the black trim bumper stuff, came out looking great. Mineral spirits because someone painted it and it was going gummy and pealing in spots... Nothing to lose. The spirits didn't harm the top, it was a 328. But test first if you go that route.

2. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Thank you Scott gives me a starting point!

3. jim rosenthal

jim rosenthal Karting

Sep 10, 2006
    What are the various ways to get 300-350 hp out of a 308 QV engine? supercharger, turbocharger, more displacement, new cams, EFI and ignition.... comments about "best" way to do this for a car which would be driven only on the street? Also, how far up can you go in hp without having to change out the clutch, CV joints, halfshafts etc? I am not a particularly aggressive driver but more power in my 308 might remap my intracranial chip in that direction :)

4. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
    #29 Crowndog, Mar 6, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
    Well I can only relate my trip down hp lane.
    Stroked the engine with a crankshaft from a 360. Bored a little which caused custom pistons with higher compression ratio, custom cams, some pretty slick porting, larger valves, opening up the plenum innards for better breathing, EFI conversion, custom radiator to handle heat properly, custom exhaust. Not for the faint of heart. But it did result in an extremely reliable and exciting performance boost. It’s been estimated by dyno at around 350+ hp. Highly recommended however you get there. Suspension rebuilt to standard except a thicker set of sway bars,close ratio steering rack.
    Stock clutch w/rebuilt tranny.

5. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Remember nothing will be off the shelf, everything will be custom made and expensive. Trans and axles very tough. I never even quote a job like this for a client. Takes more than I consider worth it if you need to pay me too. 1st step on clutch if needed is to put in Ferrari V12 pressure plate. Bolt in, no mods but a heavier pedal. After that it gets exotic and expensive but small multi plates have their own advantages.

smg2 likes this.