My First Ferrari | FerrariChat

My First Ferrari

Discussion in '360/430' started by Extreme1, Mar 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Hey everyone, I just bought a 2009 F430. I've owned Porsches all of my life and the 430 has been my dream car. I bought it at CNC Exotics in Upland, CA.

I can't believe I've finally got one. I pick it up this Sunday. I'm actually sick to my stomach waiting for it. I'm not sure if it's nerves or excitement.

I'll have a lot of questions...

2. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
  3. ItalGerBrit

ItalGerBrit Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    After the Porsches, you will love your Ferrari. Like you, I had many Porsches. 944s, 911s, Boxters, tracked them all and raced 944s and 911s for many years. Loved the Porsches until I got into Ferrari's and then they were downright boring and dull. Except for the 911 race cars. They were by far the most fun cars for me ever. But, they were race cars. By the way, the best way to experience owning many fun cars is to be lucky and live a very, very, long time.

one4torque and JRE like this.
  4. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I remember that feeling. It's an amazing car man. Congrats!

5. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Congrats Extreme! Like above, former multiple Porsche owner but I’ve been converted to Ferrari. You’ll love her. Post pics when she arrives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

6. SRLC716

SRLC716 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 15, 2019
    Buffalo
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Congrats! I’m sure those butterflies will turn to pure joy when you see that tach climb and hear the flat plane scream....

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

7. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Congrats and enjoy your new ride

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

8. Jason1031

Jason1031 Rookie

Aug 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jason Mercado
  9. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Morning Jason, that is beautiful. Mine is the same color but in a coupe. I was really impressed with CNC.

10. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Anyone know a supplier for oil, air and cabin filters? I've looked at Ricambi, which is better than the Ferrari dealership, but they're still stupid expensive.
    I want to do an oil change and change all the air filters as soon as I get the car, so I'm starting out fresh.

11. Some Guy in the sky

Some Guy in the sky Formula Junior

Sep 19, 2018
    I am not being snarky here but if you have this reaction from the oil and filters then I can tell you that its going to get a lot worse if you keep the car for any amount of time.

12. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Lots of threads on oil. Go to your local OReillys/Autozone/etc and pick up whatever suits your fancy. I use Pennzoil Euro Platinum, which is equivalent to the Shell Helix (OEM). There are other suppliers of parts, some with better pricing than others. You may not get the part in a yellow box, but it will be the same (use due diligence). In addition to Ricambi I use AW Italian (awitalian.com) often.

13. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    You're stuck on the oil filter, so plan on 50 bucks or so. Fchat gets you 10% at Ricambi. You can get the oil (Pennzoil Euro) on special from Advance auto for like $33/5 quarts (less with the rewards), get a couple of those deals and use the filter for another one of your cars. Inspect your filters, if they are clean you are good, nothing special about them, and annually changing them is overkill IMO for a car that is only driven a few thousand miles a year if that.

14. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Anyone know a supplier for oil, air and cabin filters? I've looked at Ricambi, which is better than the Ferrari dealership, but they're still stupid expensive.
    I want to do an oil change and change all the air filters as soon as I get the car, so I'm starting out fresh

15. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Sorry for the double post. I sat down with my coffee this morning all bleary eyed and it didn't look like it sent the first time.

16. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    No problem sir, I just like shopping around for the best price

Eric C and Some Guy in the sky like this.
  17. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Cabin filters are on ebay for $49.99

18. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Thanks the awitalian website is really easy to use

19. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    It may be regional...but NAPA auto parts has Pennzoil platinum euro on sale for $6.09 per qt.

Sent from my SM-T510 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

20. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM