No more parts from Europe? | FerrariChat

No more parts from Europe?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by vincenzo, Mar 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Looks like parts deliveries from the continent will end this Fri.

If you need parts - best get ‘em now!

Full details not yet clear...

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I had heard whatever limitations there are will be for passengers, not freight. That being said Simone Schedoni and my other half just exchanged emails last night. If there is an issue it will be the limitations being put on going to work and other everyday activities in Italy.

3. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    the travel restriction only applies to people, not goods.

4. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    “These Prohibitions will not only apply to trade and cargo, but various other things as we get approval”.....

At the 2:40 mark - straight from the horse’s mouth....

5. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    and then there were clarifying remarks released by the whitehouse later on, which is the actual news that the world is reacting to today.
    do catch up pls :)

Nembo1777 likes this.
  6. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Despite what the media wants us to think the sky is not falling.

7. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    WRONG

8. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Of course, this all happens just before the windshield trim for the Boxer is produced. I wonder if it will get made before summer, and if it does, will it be allowed to ship by that point (if cargo is added later...... probably about the time it's being boxed).

9. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    #9 vincenzo, Mar 12, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    guys... believe whatever you want,

At a minimum, you can tell where the gov is headed. The address to the nation was a very well vetted speech read from the teleprompter. I would suggest that the post speech ‘clarifications’ were nothing more than back pedaling after the uproar.

time will tell. You were warned.

boxerman likes this.
  10. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    those silly medias always like to tell us everything.

11. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    and when they tell us that the sky will fall on our head some people will believe this

12. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    sure, we will never get parts from europe again. we will be stuck recycling and adapting old dishwasher parts like the cubans for the next 50 years.....
    :rolleyes:

Themaven and Jack-the-lad like this.
  13. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Only if Bernie has his way....

JLF likes this.
  14. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I believe I am going to carry on as usual and in a month or so we are going to understand this is a created crisis. H1N1 was far worse in every way and most never knew the world was ending because the politicians and news media were not on a band wagon.

But then I have been in a burning theater and know exactly what people act like in a panic.

curtisc63, simchanova and turbo-joe like this.
  15. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    #15 vincenzo, Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    Your gov is so afraid of the public knowing of the true severity of this outbreak, they are planning their efforts in secrecy.

Of course... the lack of testing kits is a coincidence.
    Virus?
    What virus?
    I don’t see no stink’n virus!

When the realities of this situation are fully understood, many Americans will react like the following Chinese woman. The feeling of betrayal stemming from secret meetings and body bags will totally change the american psyche.

Italy has been shut down.

At best, Trump’s re-election is in grave jeopardy.

Both Trump and Pence (in the high mortality risk category - age) have been exposed to the virus. Nancy Pelosi is next in line for the presidency. Let that one sink in for a moment.... it could be only a couple of weeks away. I truly hope for their best of health and wish they would take many more precautions.

Bernie may (God forbid) gain traction. Most likely, Hillary will swoop in to save us (sic) at a brokered convention.

But hey.... you are all free to chart your own path forward. In spite of the Italian Gov decree, those Italians will work to their deaths to keep you in oil filters and most anything else you may need.

No worries! It will soon pass!

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/public-global-health/487040-white-house-ordered-coronavirus-meetings-classified

16. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Oh please. Quit your hand wringing and grow up.

17. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    The federales don’t need no stinking test kits!

18. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Brian,

Rather than immediately throwing out personal insults... why not challenge the facts that are presented? I would like to think that personal insults are beneath a person of high personal character such as yourself.

You may benefit from challenging your own cognitive dissonance. I may benefit from your perspective and a new set of facts.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  19. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Is this thread getting a bit close to P&R ?

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  20. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Yup... those Italians will be working overtime to keep us supplied with parts.

21. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    #21 vincenzo, Mar 13, 2020
    I would like to focus on parts availability myself. That said however... politicians are threatening to shut down our supply chain.

22. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Trump, Pence, Pelosi, Bernie, Biden, Hillary are all in at risk age category!

23. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    #23 vincenzo, Mar 13, 2020
    At least six people at the AIPAC and CPAC conferences have tested positive for corona. Likely 2/3 of congress made an appearance at the conferences. Lots of hand shaking. Lots of greet and meet.

At least five congressmen who attended the conferences are now in self quarantine.
    https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2020-03-09/members-of-congress-self-quarantine-amid-coronavirus-fears

The ‘cluster’ of infected students (and their school) who attended the AIPAC conference are at the center the New York quarantine in New Rochelle.
    https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/politics/2020/03/11/how-new-rochelle-synagogue-coping-coronavirus-epicenter/5020002002/

24. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    People are loosing their minds. The stupidity around me is amazing.

FACT C19 death rate high estimate 5% that's 17,500 Americans/year
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(20)30195-X/fulltext

FACT more will die today from car crash than C19.... 35,000/yer
    FACT Gun deaths 15,000/year not including suicides
    FACT medical mistakes kill 250,000 Americans/year

FACT people in power have taken this "social distancing" to a ridiculous level. Bowing to pressure my SCCA next weekend is canceled! Are you kidding me? We have no driver's meeting. We are impounded at tech outdoors with more than 6ft away from any other person. We have helmets on and are in separate cars. What a joke.

So why are you bellyaching? Your chance of death from C19 is the same as getting shot and killed. That's why the media is ridiculously blowing this out of proportion.

25. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Agreed...
    Approximately 5% of those infected will die. Not sure where the 17,500 number is from.

The infection rate is measured by the Basic Reproduction Rate or R0 for short. Estimates (based on incomplete data - not enough test kits) put the c19 R0 as high as 7. Most give it a range of 5 to 7. Regardless, it is an extremely high number for a pathogen and means that an ‘average’ infected person will subsequently infect 7 others. This results in exponential growth in the number of infected persons. The data to date, shows that the number of infected persons doubles every six days.

Do the math....
    As of yesterday, America has 1650 infected.

Test the theory....
    Lets see how many are infected by next Thursday, Mar 19th.

If the theory is correct...
    Some 3,300 will be infected. Yes - 5 percent will die.

Week after... 6,600 infected
    Week after... 13,200 infected
    Week after.... 26,400 infected...
    etc

If unchecked, it takes only a few months to infect everybody in the US. Yes, 5% will die.
    Do the math. Five % is more than 16 million in America. Not 17,500.

I hope warmer weather slows it down. Good chance it will. But this virus is ‘New’ and nobody knows for sure. The virus may mutate on its own. It could get worse, or better. Nobody knows for sure.

The only real alternative is social isolation.... and cancelled SCCA meets. China did well at social isolation - their freedoms are few. They had no choice.

Rather than getting our panties in a bunch... lets revisit this in a week and see how many are infected. If it is up to 3,300 or so....
    ...then do the math.