C8 CORVETTE | Page 6 | FerrariChat

C8 CORVETTE

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by BJK, Jan 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    of2worlds and BJK like this.
  2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  3. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent

That is why I don't have to be the first one...and will not buy in California when it's time... also, I got a feeling that in a few months the market adjustment may be a little different...

Gen 1 Raptors were the same way at certain dealerships, I didn't shop there either.

4. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Given the financial chaos yet to occur, I wonder how many buyers are going to be backing out?

Stentboy and schwoo like this.
  5. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Some are but they still have a lot of unsubmitted orders that may take months to get finally placed. If pushed to commit now some may not want to. Some were dropping off 2 months ago from boredom or a change of heart. I think about 1/3 of the original deposits ended up with cancelled orders when they were asked to put down real money.

But to a lot of people now with orders its something to worry about pretty far in the future. If things don't improve, for sure more will pull out even if it means losing a deposit.

Besides if you took possession of one today you could sell it to someone else today. The factory shutdown makes them even more scarce. So at the moment there's no reason to pull the plug on a car that showed up for delivery this week unless your credit can't handle it.

jm2 likes this.
  6. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    My order came in at $84.5 K and has all of the features I needed and it's a hard top convertible. Z51 package and 2LT seats in all leather. There isn't to much more in the 3LT package but it is more track oriented . The convert. option is an extra$7K.

7. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    My convertible specced from as low as $82K to the high of $89. In the end I threw in the towel and went for everything. I really needed front lift and if you get Z51 it only made sense to get the Mag ride. I went 3LT because I wanted the all tan interior.

Now they are on hold for the virus for probably 2 to 4 weeks. Then the problem may be parts supply shortages. I think GM is already moving some 2020 orders into 2021 MY.

8. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Well that didn't take long. :eek:.... I thought the C8 ECU couldn't be cracked. How are they going to tune it? Piggyback system?
    Warranty? We don't need no F'in warranty!

9. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I looked at Cars.com and yesterday they had 221 listings for 2020 Vetts. These are cars that are still to arrive, but it looks like the dealers ordered cars for themselves or some of the preorders are canceling. Most are advertised for the listed MSRP which again indicated that these are pre-ordered cars. Wonder if it's CV-19 or just changes of heart.

10. energy88

Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Probably all of the above.

(1). CV-19 = no fun $$$.
    (2). 221 = a lot of flippers in an environment of no fun $$$.
    (3). Go back to #1

11. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Except as far as I could tell all 221 were listed by Chevy dealers from all over the country.

12. energy88

Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    What I intended to mean was that some or a significant number of them were flippers who may have backed out when they realized the qualified population to flip to was in jeopardy. A similar thing happened with the Supra when the market for "first car on the road" dried up quicker than anticipated, and that occurred in a decent economic environment.

of2worlds likes this.
  13. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Dealers ordered cars for themselves. That's why I said over and over again that the 2020 MY was "sold out" was pure BS. Dealers ordered them for themselves and no one really knows how many. There will be plenty to buy but all over MSRP for a while.

thecarreaper likes this.
  14. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Agree about dealers, but the majority of cars listed by dealers on Cars.com are asking MSRP. The few remaining are "No price listed". I know Chevy has stated that they expect dealers to sell at no more than MSRP but I don't know if that is a request or a requirement for the dealers.

But it makes perfect sense for the dealers to have at least one car on the floor. Not everybody will order a car without at lease seeing and sitting in it. I sure wouldn't.

15. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Most of them are BS and speculators. I tried to buy a Ford GT in 2005. The price was MSRP + $50,000 "market allowance fee". I passed.

Certainly the virus situation may impact C8 sales. People just saw their 401K retirement money drop by maybe 40% in 3 weeks. People are losing their jobs and businesses. But it seems a bit early.

There's no question that people have higher priority things to worry about right now than a toy car.

Dragster likes this.
  16. Donatella

Donatella Karting

Aug 26, 2007
    US
    My car was scheduled to be picked up and shipped from Kerbeck on Monday...They closed on Saturday. Missed by a F*** day. Waited over a year for the car, now its paid for, paying insurance and who knows how long it will be sitting there. :(

of2worlds likes this.
  17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  18. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    You can tell your insurance agent its off road. If its sitting at Kerbeck they should be responsible for it until they can ship it.

19. PerKr

PerKr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2007
    Mariestad, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Per Kristoffersson
    Hennessey? Wouldn't trust that at all really, given their history. I'm disgusted to find that after all the crap that guy did, the corvetteforums and corvette magazines still haven't stopped putting up videos and articles attracting customers there.

thecarreaper and CK7684 like this.
  20. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    I have no idea, but, maaaybe that's in the past when he was 'desperate' and/or cash strapped getting the business started? (doesn't make it right, of course - very shady/criminal even).
    Are there any recent 'bad stories'? He seems to be doing a lot of business, pumping out lot's of projects.

21. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    New Hennessey vid - in the description it says STOCK ecu, so he has NOT cracked/tuned the ecu - yet. Only 5 psi boost. That's nothing. So, LOTS more horsepower to come.

22. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    #147 BJK, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  23. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Someone ran out of screws. Grabbed the longer one hoping it would not be noticed to keep the assembly line moving, just look at the photo, its clearly not the correct screw so someone did a bonehead move on the line.

BJK likes this.
  24. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    Agree. Would never do business with him There were threads on " that Lambo Forum" detailing much misery and many dollars dealing with him and none of it was positive.

Much like that shady Ohio Lambo dealer, the world has gotten small and you can only piss on so many people before your are wet and stinky as well.

- Dat smell dont wash off and some us have GOOD Memories.

greg328 likes this.
  25. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    FerrariChat still owed thousands, I just don't get the love. He's a master marketer, does he ever follow through?

greg328 and thecarreaper like this.