Testarossa Price Trends | Page 172 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Again just check some of the sales on bat for last year , a 3k mile red one sold for 110k so it’s too early to tell the impact. In a few months and few more auctions it will be clearer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  2. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    I agree but there is always a temperature to the market and this baby's coming down for all mass-produced F-Cars.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  3. Natkingcolebasket69

Either way some good deals to be had;)

4. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i agree no impact seen in that sale

5. 308gtb4me

308gtb4me Rookie

Jul 27, 2008
    Northern Cal
    I've had a 308 and now a 550. BUT, my dream car has always been a TR. I'm considering selling the 550 for a TR. I must say though, I have never driven one. What do you mean about people getting a "reality check" and walking away with a different (I assume worse) opinion? I'm curious also why after that, you said you may buy one again? After selling one in the past?
    Thanks

6. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    so i emailed a dealer been eyeing it for a few months told him if price comes down hit me up this is his response the exotic car market is safe haven for investors market will be strong poss stronger

7. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    you will love the tr exprience

8. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    #4283 ChipG, Mar 26, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    You'll have to go drive one for about 100 miles if you can. It's more like driving an RV than a Ferrari although that might be a little extreme. EDIT: I do live in Los Angeles so traffic here is extreme

I have had 5 Testarossas and if we go back to $50k cars I'm going to buy a couple in the colors I never had and always wanted, I'll just leave them in the garage to look at.

If you can swing it and prices really drop you should keep your 550 and add a TR.

9. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Great, then ask him to wager you since he'll be so flush with cash. Money talks.

My guess is you'll hear total silence, which will tell you everything you need to know.

Bradwilliams and blkdiablo33 like this.
  10. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    got another response no use trying to make a deal i should not even be thinking of a car right now here is response even in the times of biggest recession the exotic car market held strong ford gt air cooled porsche ferrari etc right now are all expriencing gains people are putting there cash into exotic cars right now. i give up

11. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    LOL tell him to guarantee you the car will be worth 90% of what it is now in 1 year and make him put that in writing although he might be out of business, I'm sure you'll hear him backtrack real quick.

Bradwilliams, LVP488 and blkdiablo33 like this.
  12. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    ive hadmany ferrari models,and the tr is very easy to drive.love the exprience i have a smile every time i drive her .mine does not drive like a truck ,great ride

Bradwilliams and ChipG like this.
  13. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
  14. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    Yea, ok, maybe I should go edit my post, I do live in LA and it's not an easy car to drive in LA traffic.

15. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    This may not be the right thread to express such an opinion, but I've had a testarossa for a few years before a 550 for another couple of years - for me the 550 is miles ahead in all metrics, the testarossa is more dramatic, has wonderful engine and gearbox, but it has terrible brakes and roadholding and its interior has the build quality of a Fiat Panda. A 512 TR is a significant upgrade though.
    Anyway, after having owned a 400 GT (manual), a 348 tb, a testarossa, a 550, a 575, and a 599, the one I'm seriously considering to buy again now to complement my 488 is the 550 (with a light chance for a 512 TR).

ChipG likes this.
  16. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

You're waaaaaayyyy too early man. You have the gun in your hand getting ready to remove the safety and you shouldn't even be considering picking it up yet! The smart people aren't going to buy ANYTHING for at least 8 or 9 months. Let the market feel the pain, don't feed it and don't bail anybody out of their position! LOL. You're doing exactly what that guy wants you to do which is to call him! Don't even pick up the phone, and if he calls you back don't even answer it :)

blkdiablo33 and ChipG like this.
  17. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    ChipG likes this.
  18. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    ok, don't follow the market after I sold mine but geez, I paid double that price 7 years ago for a 2008 spider. Didn't know they had dropped that much, only thought coupes were under $100.

19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yeh...a 2k mile late 2007+ red spider is might be 140 to 150k if you find the fanatic who wants one. headers and f1 actuator are the soft spots. i'd say 100 to 110K buys you a clean 20k mile red spider with headers and f1 actuator addressed.
    Talking f1 obviously. add 50k to 75K for a stick depending on miles, as always.

ChipG likes this.
  20. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

The 360 and California are a about to get REAL Friggin CHEAP!!!

Those are going to replace the Mondial and 308 as the bargain Ferraris. And will be great buys when they bottom out.

I know people hate on the california as a gals car with a back seat but I think it's a great looking car especially the first gen. Those will fall to 60 in no time flat. I've always pegged the 360 at 40 grand when it bottoms. It shouldn't go that low, but the fact remains that they just made too many of them and they're great durable cars.

F430, 360 will get crushed when the prices of the 458s drop. That's the car to have and everyone will be trying to get their hands on one when they're bargains. Which will hurt the 360 and 430.

21. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    who cares you dont buy anything do you?

22. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I have driven most Ferraris ever made, own a TR and love it. Some people don't. Don't let someone else make up your mind for you, especially a gleeful bottom feeder with an attitude like that.

23. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    your absolutley right and im so fing bored out of my mind too which does not help

Bradwilliams likes this.
  24. Natkingcolebasket69

TR is awesome to drive. Feels like a go kart, I’m 6 ‘1 fit perfect in it . My clutch was easy, just a bit of power steering needed at low speed but u get used to not having it

turbo-joe and blkdiablo33 like this.
  25. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    I agree with you. I owned a 550 around the same time as my TR. I'd say the 550's interior was at the apex of Ferrari interior design, a nice mixture of modern amenities and classical styling. Driving the TR was always work and I prayed nothing would explode/implode/break every time I took it out, even though it's a rolling circus show when you drive it in public. I miss staring at the TR in my garage but only as a 6th or 7th car.

Parnelli likes this.