488 - Pistas selling for less than MSRP... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

488 Pistas selling for less than MSRP...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 09Scuderia, Mar 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    I'm assuming you know...-:)

2. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    That one truly is a right off. The sale price will would need to factor in the significant recovery cost to correct the obvious issues. There is no way anyone made money on that car other than the dealer who sold it to the owner who ordered it.

ferrame and boobernackle like this.
  3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    If you order a car like that, expect to take it in the backend!

IPO1 and boobernackle like this.
  4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Maybe whoever ordered it like that was under the influence and then after taking delivery couldn't stop throwing up. I suspect whoever it was is now facing a barge pole approaching their backend. This beating will not be forgotten anytime soon I suspect - that is if they can ever find some else to take it on. Just goes to show people really shouldn't joke about these kinds of specs....because they do happen.

5. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Did you all forget about the Chuck E. Cheese 488 GTB spec I posted years ago? Interior had purple, yellow, and red all over.

6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Maybe they sent it off to woohan and tried their luck over there....sold it to some weirdo animal vendor.

7. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    If the car is priced low enough, the seats can be reupholstered or swapped for black and the stripes can be repainted or wrapped. One never knows, there might be someone out there, perhaps a very patriotic American, who will love it just the way it is.

Ash Patel likes this.
  8. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
  9. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    #34 AlfistaPortoghese, Mar 28, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    I can be looking at this from a naive point of view, but although the economy is headed for a widespread recession, I have trouble believing that most people who bought a Pista recently was leveraged to the point that they are compelled to sell below MRSP just months later. Some sure, but the majority to the point that the car will drop in value like a rock... I don’t think so.

We’re still in the very early stages of this, so over time sure the Pista will depreciate. It’s a car and a recession will affect all brands and supercars. But I struggle to understand this sudden obsession with Pista values.

Had I owned a Pista, I wouldn’t sell it right now. The loss isn’t real until you part ways with the asset. And as far as assets go, the Pista is beautiful. You can sleep in your Pista, but you can’t track your house.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

10. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    I didn't realize that I have seen this car until someone posted that it was originally sold in ATX.
    Knew the original owner. His Pista was delivered soon after ours. Great guy with a long Ferrari history.
    That car was a tailor-made car. Lots of truly unique options. Spectacular in real life. The colors were taken directly from historic 1960s Ferrari race cars. Read the history here:https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/blue-seats.440278/

dmark1 and ryalex like this.
  11. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I was going to say, this is actually a historical Ferrari interior. I made a thread about it years ago, back in the Stradale days. I like it.

09Scuderia likes this.
  12. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
  13. Elisesko

Elisesko Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2016
    The hood plaque (hard to make out in the pic), doesn't appear to indicate it's a Tailor Made car and the Special Equipment list is very short. Perhaps it's a different car with similar idea?

09Scuderia likes this.
  14. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    Timing is everything. Big difference in the Pista market value now compared to when you sold your Pista. Your timing was perfect

09Scuderia likes this.
  15. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    While this economic downturn has certainly affected my paper wealth and I’m in no mood to do any big purchases anytime soon, I’m also happy that I lived by rules I’d pay cash for your toys. My Pista is paid for and I don’t give duck what the market does. I plan on enjoying it for many years to come.

16. Elisesko

Elisesko Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2016
    Indeed. We don't see icona owners on here lamenting the probable full pista value haircut it probably trades for at the moment. And Ferrari was more than happy to have financed that one as well. The guys who Ferrari wouldn't let buy one of each should at least send someone a thank you note and a box of chocolates.

simchanova and SoCal to az like this.
  17. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    thats a 350k car today

F2003-GA and ChipG like this.
  18. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  19. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
  20. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    ryalex likes this.
  21. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    That makes my eyes hurt...

Shadowfax likes this.
  22. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    I wonder how many owners are color blind?

23. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    It's special. I love blue, but c'mon. The red piping really ties in the red seat belts.....and engine start button.

24. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    A customer here bought 2 new Cullinans and 2 new Phantoms with that color scheme. Blue on all royal blue with both red and gold accents, all the same spec (for different homes, apparently). Nearly $2mm!

25. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I think it would look less out of place if the rest of the cabin was blu / bluscuro. I’d be a buyer at $100k off msrp; I see tasteful potential, then again I’ve been told before that I was crazy for liking vintage GTO’s w blue seats...

I’d throw gold wheels on that baby too.