Who should replace Vettel? | Page 29 | FerrariChat

Who should replace Vettel?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Jul 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Who should replace Vettel?

1. Alonso

2. Rosberg

3. Button

4. Barrichello

5. Other (please mention)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. vinny84

vinny84 Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2008
    PA
    Full Name:
    Vince
    Ricci would be my pick

william likes this.
  2. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Ferrari needs someone with experience in understanding the car and who can develop it. Vettel or Ricci imo.

3. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I made that choice after watching the half season when Albon jumped from TR to RB.

4. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Ok, please tell me the reasons.

- Leclerc was a very very good karter but not as good as Verstappen, who was a real phenomenon.
    - Leclerc was champion in his first year on both GP3 and GP2, a very impressive achievement.

Sainz on the other hand:
    - I don't remember him on karting (I follow the sport closely).
    - Won the F-Renault 2.0 and F-Renault 3.5 when both had very few talented drivers on the grid.

william likes this.
  5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Well, they had Vettel for the last 4 years, and that got nowhere.
    One is supposed to learn from the failures, not repeat them!

vinny84 and DF1 like this.
  6. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Agree! He is consistently making the same type mistakes. He has changed nothing it appears into his approach to racing.

7. Adrian Thompson

Adrian Thompson Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Beverly Hills, Mi
    Full Name:
    Adrian Thompson
    Guys, how is this still a question. It's the end of March and Seb hasn't scored a single point so far this season. Why keep him at all!

OK, more seriously. I really like and rate Riccardo and Sainz. Unless they go head to head in the same car I couldn't call between them. I think Sainz and Max were both pretty evenly matched at Minardi, but the politics dictated Max won as he has the better hype machine. Ditto with Riccardo and Max at Stewart, both got two wins in 2018 and they were pretty even except for more bad luck and some decisions that were blatantly in Max's favor. Not outright blaming the Baku crash 110% on Max showed the hype machine had won again. Max totally took them both out, yet somehow it was Danny that came off worst in RB's public opinion. I'm not saying either driver is better than Max, I'm saying there isn't enough non tainted info out there to make a choice between the two of them.

8. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Well, between Sainz and Ricciardo, I think it's a no brainer to go with the Aussie. Sainz is in the beggining of his career and despite being a very good, regular driver, haven't give any signs that he is better than Ric. Also Ricciardo is at a stage in his career where he risks becoming a Coulthard, a Weber, etc. He deserves a chance.

9. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Ricciardo was good at times at Red Bull, but is now totally wasted at Renault.
    Will he recover his mojo if given a better car? That's the big question.
    5 years ago, I thought he could be WDC material; not anymore.

Flavio_C likes this.
  10. DF1

In the right car he is a winner, Ricci. Just like Button or Rosberg. He has the talent and intelligence. He needs the right car. I hope he gets one. A very exciting driver

11. I believe I voted for Ricci back when this thread was two-pages old, but would absolutely love to see Alonso back in a Ferrari...

Flavio_C likes this.
  12. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    I'd love to see Gilles Villeneuve back in a Ferrari.

13. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    He didn't bring good fortune at Ferrari, did he?

14. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    But Ferrari needs someone who can win in the wrong car. Ferrari needs a great driver, not just pick of the liter.

15. DF1

FA was and is the answer. But his age might have lessoned the skill a touch.

16. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Gilles Villeneuve died in a Ferrari F1 car, show some respect.

17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Ecclestone urges Vettel to walk away from Ferrari

https://www.planetf1.com/news/bernie-ecclestone-sebastian-vettel-ferrari/

With no on-track action, Sebastian Vettel’s future is the hot topic doing the rounds in Formula 1 with Bernie Ecclestone saying he should leave Ferrari after this season.

Vettel is out of contract with the Scuderia at the end of this year. He joined Ferrari in 2015 with the Italian stable hoping that he would be the one to claim their first Drivers’ Championship since Kimi Raikkonen in 2007. It has yet to happen.

The closest he has come was runner-up in 2017 and again in 2018 while last year he slumped to his worst position in the standings as a Ferrari driver, P5. It was a season in which Vettel was shown up by his young team-mate Charles Leclerc. While Leclerc has been signed to a long-term deal, Ferrari has reportedly only offered Vettel a one-year contract for 2021. And it comes with a massive pay cut.

Former F1 supremo Ecclestone reckons the German should turn it down. According to the Brit, Ferrari is now very much Leclerc’s team especially as he is managed by FIA president Jean Todt’s son, Nicholas. “I think that Sebastian’s performance has recently suffered under the Ferrari constellation with new team-mate Charles Leclerc, who is also managed by the FIA President’s son,” Ecclestone told F1-Insider.com. “I suspect he doesn’t see Binotto as the supporter he needs in his situation. “Sebastian should therefore stop or look for alternatives for 2021.”

One option that the rumour mill suggests could be available to the four-time World Champion is McLaren. According to speculation the Woking team would consider signing the German if they lost Carlos Sainz. And where could Sainz be going? Ferrari it has been suggested.
    Ecclestone reckons McLaren, especially given their return to Mercedes engines for 2021, is a good option for Vettel. “McLaren, with Mercedes engines, could be one,” said the 89-year-old.

18. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
  19. Peter Tabmow

Peter Tabmow Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    Ditto. Easily.

20. Sponks

Sponks Rookie

Mar 30, 2020
    Full Name:
    Prontera Francesco
    I think that Alonso is too old to stay in this team and I hope Ferrari chooses a young man

william likes this.
  21. Huh?

What has his demise in a Ferrari got to do with whatever disrespect (I don't see any) by who(whom?)ever?

william likes this.