F8 - Order Status | Page 21 | FerrariChat

F8 Order Status

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dicecal, Nov 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Drson

Drson Karting

Mar 18, 2018
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    John Galt
    I got the same deal regarding financing...I had always intended to pay cash but I have entertained keeping that cash and investing later if I could get a decent rate....also looked at HELOCs but the rate is 4.25%.....my car should be here next week ....

2. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    I did the same. Sounds like a we are in the same boat.

3. Drson

Drson Karting

Mar 18, 2018
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    John Galt
    Let me know if you get anything different on financing....I checked with my broker and he can do 2.75-3% collateralized by my account ... and interest only for one year.....it works like a line of credit...

4. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    I will. I made a counter to dealer tonight. Will see what they come back with.

5. 0-60 freak

0-60 freak Karting

Oct 6, 2016
    My car is here, I thought about basically telling the dealer considering the current economic situation that they need to Discount the car, then I started thinking about it, they make somewhere around 10 to 12% on the car , and even if they split it with me that's only 15K and although that is a lot of money it's really not me worth basically begging for, so I decided to just make them make the car perfect with paint correction prior to accepting delivery and paying for...that being said, I got 25k off my performante and that was may of 2019!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

6. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
  7. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    wrs likes this.
  8. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Beautiful. Congrats. That is my next purchase once things stabilize

wrs likes this.
  9. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    Pis7a2020 and wrs like this.
  10. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Well I managed to time this one perfectly, it got out just before the factory closed. I haven't driven it except around the block because it was raining when the car was delivered. I will be driving it some more today. It's going to take some time to readjust to the longer front.

Thanks.

11. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Huge congratulations William! Looks fantastic!

wrs likes this.
  12. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    It's very roomy and I was able to get everything done and figured out without the manual. I have the homelink programmed the phone paired, figured out how to open the hood latch (it's not where the 488 is) adjusted the seats and mirrors and stored them in M1. I think I am ready for a test drive. The only thing I still need to figure out is where the gas cap button is.

PTG1 likes this.
  13. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    No button, just slightly depress the gas cap and it pops up on its own...

wrs likes this.
  14. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Well that's what I thought but I guess I had the wrong touch trying to push it. I will make sure I have that one figured out. Thanks!

15. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    If not used for a long time it can get a little sticky (if dealer didn't fill it up, last time opened would of been at the factory), just push again/few times, just make sure you got it before you go to get gas, no fun trying to figure that out when you need it to work...

wrs likes this.
  16. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I look forward to reading about your driving comparisons in relation to the other F-cars you own/have owned...T

wrs likes this.
  17. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Well I just took it out on the esses on 2222 and I could definitely notice the difference in the revs and gearing as I went through the curves. I didn't push it at all because there were still damp spots on the road and I have to keep the car below 5000 rpm for 600 miles. I also took note of the redline at 9000 rpm so I am interested in testing that out to see where it cuts out.

It rides better than the Portofino, Cali T HS or 488 Spider. It's a heavier, longer car and I can feel that when I am driving. I am still getting used to the long hood. The cockpit is very roomy and I have plenty of headroom and more legroom than the 488. I really like how I fit in this car better than the 488. This is more like driving a sedan than a sports car I think but again, I have only driven it 15 miles. I can't really comment on how it performs.

I can feel the torque and it's impressive for a NA car, it's as strong as the 488 in acceleration up to 5krpm. This is another feature I plan to check on but need to break it in more before letting loose. So far I like it but it's going to take some getting used to.

racerdj and tomc like this.
  18. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Nice. I sat in it at a Boardwalk event, and did very much like the layout of the cockpit.
    When you do get to cut loose a bit more, I would be interested to read your thoughts on
    the electric power steering and rear-wheel steering, for which I think the 812SF is the first
    regular production car with these. Thank you...T

wrs likes this.
  19. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    wrs likes this.
  20. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    What's the status on your car?

21. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    It's been 92 for over a week. That means they can't get it on a truck for transport. Makes zero sense. I still question if the car is actually on US soil. The good new is I got my lease numbers and they're incredible.

wrs likes this.
  22. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Mine got to NY on the 12th too. But still is not on a truck to Denver. Does make you wonder

23. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    What numbers did you get? I am still negotiating

24. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    My dealer doesn’t negotiate. The lease payment for this car is $1200 less than my 488 with no money down. Pretty amazing.

25. Fezza123

Fezza123 Rookie

Jul 16, 2016
    Funny I was considering walking away, initially Intried to see if I could push the order back in the queue, but it’s already in early phase production And now stalled on the production line. With all that’s going on it doesn’t feel right to be taking delivery of a new Ferrari, and I won’t really be able to drive it in the U.K. a without at risk of being stopped by the police, as it would be most unlikely to be driving your Ferrari to undertake essential activities such as going to the supermarket.

I looked at walking away I know I’ll lose the £10k deposit, and then the balance between what the dealer manages to sell against the contract value if they sell for less. My view is nobody will pay sticker price, why would you there are deals to be had, and the dealer will want and need cash flow as their new sales have dropped to zero and they are getting no cash flow from 2nd hand market, so they will sell quickly at a loss and stick me with the bill. If I continue though I’ll probably have to take a £40k - £50k hit on sale of the 488 if I can move it at all.

Reflecting on the above I’ll lose £50k what ever I do, so I may as well have the F8 and hide it in the garage, and when on private plates 99% will not know if it’s new or the model in any case.

But still it doesn’t feel right.

LARRYH likes this.