488 GTB and Spider Picture Thread! | Page 134 | FerrariChat

488 GTB and Spider Picture Thread!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by rmitchell248, Sep 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
  2. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Anyone put on stock size wheels, with Sport Cup 2 or Trofeo tires for a real performance set up?

Larger over all ratio hurts acceleration and skinny side walls kill grip performance in the corners

3. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
  4. ncm6cabrio

ncm6cabrio Formula Junior
    Owner

Jul 28, 2011
    Fayetteville, NC
    Full Name:
    Mike M.
  5. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    Not yet because this Rotiform wheel model was showcased January 25th at the 24 Hour of Daytona & the first few orders went in the following week. Typically it takes 8 weeks for Rotiform to manufacture a set of these custom forged wheels. The chances of a 488 owner opting for these in 20"||20" is also very slim but that doesn't mean it can't be done!

mdrums likes this.
  6. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Do you have 20” wheel weight on these. Motegi has them at a ultra heavy weight for forged ...I remember the 11x20 was listed at 37lbs!

Id think these in 20” would look great. Help me understand why people buy these in 21/22 with skinny tires? Over all performance is effect in gripe in the corners and if the overall diameter is larger than stock 20” then acceleration will be slower.

7. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    I remember you and I speaking on Instagram about it this - the Motegi versions are Flow Formed (cast face but forged barrel) making them heavy. The Rotiform versions will be fully custom forged bringing the weight below 30 lbs each.

I would say that the 21"//22" choice is mostly driven by looks. With this said, that setup does allow for 255 tires up front & 335 tires in the rear so you are putting much more rubber on the road. I don't have a preference either way but I do like the fact that these custom forged wheels allow for each customer to decide what is best for them.

mdrums likes this.
  8. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Thanks...forgot we spoke on IG...but so far no wheel weights. However I like these especially if Forged. Who forges these? What’s the cost for a set I. 20” and will,offset be stock or slightly pushed outward? How’s the quality of these compared to BBS, HRE or Forgelines? Thanks

9. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    Rotiform wheels are manufactured by MHT. The cost on the ZMO-M's depends on the final configuration, size, & finishes that you choose. If you email me we can go over everything in detail.

Since these wheels are custom built to it's up to you if you want factory offsets or with offsets that are lower than factory so that they are pushed outward & flush with the fenders.

Quality wise these are very good. Made in the USA using the same T6-6061 aerospace-grade aluminum like HRE & Forgeline.

10. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
  11. ncm6cabrio

ncm6cabrio Formula Junior
    Owner

Jul 28, 2011
    Fayetteville, NC
    Full Name:
    Mike M.
  12. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Mighty Joe likes this.
  13. andres de paul

Dec 29, 2012
    Paris
    My ferrari before Covid19, waiting to drive it.

Attached Files:

14. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    Another week, another Ferrari 488 completed. This GTB had Vorsteiner Carbon Aero, iPE Performance Exhaust, Novitec Suspension, & ANRKY wheels installed all at once. Stage 2 will be upgrading the turbos.

More photos & full writeup coming soon.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

andres de paul likes this.
  15. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Beautiful... which blue? Abu Dhabi, maybe??

Boomhauer likes this.
  16. andres de paul

Dec 29, 2012
    Paris
    in Paris.

17. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    You didn't really understand my question... :)

Boomhauer likes this.
  18. andres de paul

Dec 29, 2012
    Paris
    [QUOT

E="Garretto, post: 147139182, member: 805"]You didn't really understand my question... :)[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I thought you were from taxes and you were asking where the photo was taken.
    the color is blu corsa and black.

Garretto likes this.