Drive to Survive | FerrariChat

Drive to Survive

Discussion in 'F1' started by Drive550PFB, Apr 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

I have not seen anyone post about this show yet.

Having binged watched this, I wanted to say that it is a breath of fresh air during this coronavirus shutdown. Great insights.

I had always wondered why Haas never publicly criticized Mags or Grosjean for their constant **** ups, but I was happy to see the G. Steiner took them both to task in the second series. However, despite their stupidity and antics, they were resigned to Haas.

I think that Mags and Grosjean should both be kicked out of the team for their utter stupidity. The show makes Ocon look cool, along with Sainz.

Good viewing during this crazy time.

ferrariformulauno likes this.
  2. RaceMX-M3

RaceMX-M3 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2010
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Watched this a few weeks ago and loved it. Wish they gave Ferrari more screen time. I'm afraid the next season in the series might be delayed.

3. petrol_junkie

petrol_junkie Karting

Jan 16, 2017
    Dublin
    Good series but I felt in season 2 the whole G. Steiner cursing & losing his temper is getting old . They missed out on the battle between Leclerc & Vettel

Sunracer likes this.
  4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    1st season I didn't like much, 2nd season a lot better but I haven't finished it still.

Regarding Grosjean and Magnussen....I'm utterly amazed they didn't boot grosjean out in favour of Hulkenberg. Grosjean is quite simply incompetent.

Igor Ound likes this.
  5. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

During the race where they were going to have one car go to the original season-opener's set up, and treat the race as a test . . . you'd think that they would tell both drivers that they need to forget racing for position on the first few laps, because it was more important to get information about the set up, than to score points. But, true to Mags and Grosjean, they took each other out on the first lap. ****ing stupid.

Bas likes this.
  6. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Watched it a few weeks ago and also enjoyed it. Lando got no love.

Steiner is still the best character. “Gene spends 100 ****ing million dollars a year of his own ****ing money,” Steiner says to his drivers, referring to team owner Gene Haas, “and wants to pull the plug and let everybody down because of two ****ing idiots.” Baffling that Haas kept Grosjean and Mags it's like watching Dumb and Dumber play out on the track. Anyone who thinks Hulkenberg doesn't deserve a Haas seat is clueless. Not so much because the Hulk is a beast but that Grosjean and Mags are horrible.

Wish Netflix spent more time on the budding rivalry between the Ferrari drivers which definitely was one of the more intriguing developments last season. Tough to do with limited episodes.

Claire Williams came across as a sympathetic character especially when Netflix flashbacked to all the success under Frank. Is Williams a failure because Claire can't hack it or are the circumstances beyond her control?

Enjoyed the scenes with Danny Ric, Sainz and Albon. Albon's story in particular was interesting with his mother and sisters, his success in the second half of the season even when he talks about his new crib in Monaco and then Gasley gets his own redemption at the end of the season.

375+, Igor Ound and Bas like this.
  7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Exactly!
    +2

regarding Claire....she's completely out of her depth and should've realized it a long time ago. Any and all sympathy for her left when a year or 2 ago when, running a failing team, she was more concerned about a drivers' manager not wearing full team gear than the actual performance of the team....even asking her female employee what she thought of the clothes the man was wearing....
    utterly incompetent!!

Igor Ound and Surfah like this.
  8. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I finished watching the first 5 episodes and it's pretty entertaining and they haven't talked about Mercedes or Ferrari at all yet.

9. AandSC

AandSC Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 12, 2016
    Jax, FL
    Full Name:
    Allen
    It’s my understanding that Mercedes and Ferrari haven’t been very supportive of the series. The second season they each allowed one race to be filmed.

10. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Bas likes this.
  11. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    #11 BMW.SauberF1Team, May 30, 2020
    Last edited: May 30, 2020
    I just finished watching the rest of the episodes and it was much better having those two teams interviewing in season 2. The Williams episode was really depressing...seeing how far they've fallen and Claire's response to the last questions that wasn't initially asked.

Leclerc pronounced his name in the series as Le-Clerk. Was he joking and I didn't pick up on it??? Was strange hearing him say it like that...I even replayed that part of make sure. 4:45 ep 7 season 2.