456 Schedoni Luggage set UK auction | FerrariChat

456 Schedoni Luggage set UK auction

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by 21ATS, Apr 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
  2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Those are the pretty ones in kind of a cuoio color.

3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Can someone remind me? Is there a leather schedoni set with 456 gtma embossed on it?

4. Gizzi

Gizzi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Gezim
    No. There was no distinction between manual and auto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    So there are sets with nothing like this one and then sets with 456 gtm ?

6. Fennicus

Fennicus Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2015
    Helsinki, Finland
    Full Name:
    Pekka T.
    Hi,

I am not sure i understand the question. Those are not "with nothing" as they have the engraved "456GT" on the locks.

So they are the late version for 456 GT and 456M GT, with the "456GT" or "456M" engraved on the metal locks. (sometimes it's hard to see that detail form the photos)

The bags were available only in that colour, ca. 1992-1999 and then later also in a few other colours, I have seen at least black and grey, perhaps some other colours also exist, but are very rare.

That is a complete set, but for a GTA they are exactly the same, except the "suit bag" could not be used for anything as it would not fit in the trunk of a GTA. So it has one extra bag for a GTA.

The early bags had the "456 GT" embossed on the leather of each bag, that's what I have. I am still missing the beauty bag, they occasionally pop up on e-bay but either very expensive or the wrong version for my car and set. BTW I have a surplus "suit bag" so if someone got a set from a GTA and has a GT, I have just what you need. ;-)

So the difference between a GT and GTA set is only the "suit bag" which is shaped so it fits under the floor of the trunk in the spare wheel well, which does not exist in the automatic cars as the gearbox takes more space and has also a gearbox oil cooler with it's own fan.

Like this one: https://www.ebay.de/itm/FERRARI-456-SCHEDONI-trunk-storage-leather-bag-suitscase-briefcase-brown/264587723229

My surplus one is missing the coat hangers, but it does have the name tag, so you can have it a couple of $100 less! :)

The change took place circa 1997, the early bags have the model name embossed on the leather and the later version has the name of the model engraved on the lock.

Cheers!