0 to 60 in 2.67 seconds on two consecutive runs | FerrariChat

0 to 60 in 2.67 seconds on two consecutive runs

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by darkkaangel, Apr 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    sainthoo, werewolf, Dom and 5 others like this.
  2. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    oh look, another new C8 CORVETTE thread ! o_O

Gh21631 and JRE like this.
  3. jdlegg

jdlegg Karting

Dec 22, 2009
    Bryan
    Full Name:
    James D
    You know, if you listen carefully on a quiet night, you can hear a Chevy rust!

JRE likes this.
  4. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Well no one is forcing you to read them, well technically maybe the virus lock down is ;)

Boomhauer likes this.
  5. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Pretty sure that applies to every vehicle, Chevy does not have a patent on that :)

Boomhauer likes this.
  6. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    I was hoping to read your review here! Let's hear it!!!

Dom likes this.
  7. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Yes, same here. Did anyone buy this car to drag race it. If they can tell me what 70moh-120mph is I'd be more impressed.

I kind of hoped the owners of this car were more intetested in it as a sports car, than something to troll Demons.

boxerman likes this.
  8. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    I would be afraid a child, or a vehicle would pop out of one of those driveways.

:(

Does not seem to be a good place to hit 90+

Texas Forever likes this.
  9. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Just got the car past the 500 mile break in so my rev limiter is off now.
    No opportunities yet to run some canyons or anything yet to give my review of it but I will get it out there as soon as I can.
    I don't really care about 0-60 drag races but it does show how much the mid engine move has improved performance as my 2015 Z51 Corvette ran 3.7sec 0-60, so seeing guys getting 2.67 is just insane as a full second is big.

thecarreaper and Jo Sta7 like this.
  10. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

1sec quicker is insane, but I think it may have more to do with a combination of a much better trans and mid engine layout.

Regardless 60-110, 80-130 are much more impressive to me. Wonder how different it will be once at speed. 700hp is much harder to overcome when things are in motion.

11. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    True, but this is the standard version with Z51 package which is just 5hp extra with better cooling and braking and no turbos, running 495hp naturally aspirated and kicking ass doing it.
    When the Z06 twin turbo version eventually comes out (rumored to be 700-750hp) I think it is going to embarrass a lot very elite companies considering the standard version is already doing that in a lot of ways especially price.
    For me the standard Z51 is plenty for the couple of track days and canyon carving I do with a heavy does of daily driving.
    If someone wants more and is worried about those 60-110, 80-130 times then more power to them but I would bet money most of those will never use that extra power and its just a look my car is more powerful thing.
    I on the other hand will push and use every bit of that 495hp as I do with my little 'ol 348 that I ride hard and get everything out of it I can as I find that more rewarding and a ton of fun. :)

thecarreaper, dwhite and Jo Sta7 like this.
  12. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Anyway, do look forward to your driving impressions. I like it and have repeadly said would love a manual trans as that's what I like in a toy.

But, I hope to wangle a drive behind the wheel, ooops, square steering device :), at some point.

I'm still thinking of a 2013 C6 427 convertible for FL. And I did contemplate a mid year convert before I bought my 65 etype years ago. So I'm not totally anti-corvette.

13. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I can't see why you need more power or speed for a street vehicle. I like the simplicity of a non-turbo engine. Do I wish it had a twin cam with higher revs? Absolutely. But I think that is coming.

14. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    100% agree with you. "I wish it had a twin cam with higher revs"

15. Donatella

Donatella Karting

Aug 26, 2007
    US
    One thing I noticed is that even with the trans left in drive, it is constantly downshifting and upshifting as if I were using the paddles. The software programming is pretty impressive...It's much more active than the F car left in drive...

sainthoo and thecarreaper like this.
  16. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    I doubt the Z06 is going to be TT or have anywhere close to 700-750HP

17. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    Yep, those aluminum chassis, smc body panel cars are just brutal with the rust problem....:rolleyes:

Zcobra1 and JV's89 like this.
  18. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    You may be right, recent rumour I heard is that it may be a naturally aspirated flat plane crank running at a little over 600hp and revving around 8500-9000rpm, which would fall in line with the C8R race car.

thecarreaper likes this.
  19. Dragster

Dragster Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    If the Z06 (or Grand Sport for that matter) has a naturally aspirated, DOHC high revving V8, I'll be all over it!

NYC Fred likes this.
  20. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    I think (and have ZERO basis for this thought!) that they would like to have a bigger performance difference between the Z06 and the ZR1. And that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

21. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    I hope so.

22. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    not much on a C8 to rust ......alum frame structure and composite body ... with some carbon fiber ,etc...

23. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    Those unrealistic 0-60 times are what you get with a small amount of wheel spin at the 2-3 up shift fooling the system.

Thecadster likes this.
  24. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I would like to see a match up drag race with the BMW m5 comp..
    the fastest German 0 to 60 car

25. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Mid engine and also paddles for quick shifts and multiple closely stacked gears.
    I wonder what in gear acceleration times are from say 40-80 compared to a C7.