SF 90 Stradale Spider confirmed | FerrariChat

SF 90 Stradale Spider confirmed

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by Actualizer, Feb 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Hello Friends
    Ferrari has officially invited me to reserve the Stradale SF90 Convertible soon to be launched . I have the official invite and official dealership invoice for the usual $10K deposit to secure delivery .
    To be honest I'm excited as I'm a Top Down man and surely this will be a beaut. But I wonder what Ferrari's plans are . They haven't still released the proper conclusive science , numbers and allocations on the SF90 . Isn't it unusual for Ferrari to release a convertible to be almost simultaneously launched with a GTB . Could it be that the next Universo in Maranello will be its launch .
    Could I seek advice as this will be definitely an expensive car .
    1. Do youg not think we should next invest in a full electric Ferrari which is only a matter of time ? I'm having hybrid thoughts about early adapting a Hybrid white elephant as everything will eventually be electric ?
    2.Furthermorefor less than 1/4th price ....has anyone checked the insane specs of the Tesla Roadster . ( I can't believe I'm using the T word on am F forum )
    3. Is it me or can anyone see how there are newer and fancier models being launched by the Germans...almost as if they're in a rush . Are they simply ridding and dumping the raw materials of consumption era vehicles ?
    Best
    Ashar

DGPF and anunakki like this.
  2. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I think cars powered by dead dinosaurs still will we around for 20 years, specially in the sports car market, so I wouldn't say that the change is inminent.

LARRYH and Actualizer like this.
  3. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

My worry is that Europeans are keeping Hybrids in the sane category as Combustions .UK and Scandinavian countries have already declared no Hybrid AND Combustion by 2030 but they're targeting for 2025 . So my concern is that if Hybrids and Combustibles are deemed to be made extinct soon in the same boat than why not buy a totally Christmas tree optioned F8 Spyder and enjoy the ride .

DGPF likes this.
  4. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Scandinavians made Saabs and Britsh Rovers, so its obvious they don't have a clue about selling cars.

I think that 2025 is a way too optimistic deadline, unless their deliberate intention is to force 75% of their citizens to travel by bus or bicycle.

Condor Man and Actualizer like this.
  5. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Spider will be launched at next Universo Ferrari in Maranello June/July 2020, provided that this entire corona virus thing will be over by that time.

Marcel Massini

6. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Are you aware if it’ll be a targa with removable top panels or a fully automated spider? It seems like there is limited space in the back for the mechanism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  8. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Seems like the most elegant solution and fits the current small rear window and squared off top.

9. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Only an example of a possible solution. There are many ways to skin a cat. (whatever the hell that means)
    I think a removable panel would be the least desirable. Although C8 Corvette, Koenigsegg and Pagani Roadster (?) do it. Who else?

10. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    I agree it’s the least desirable but at least in the case of Koenigseggs and the C8 they fit in the trunk. But I think Ferrari will hopefully come up with an innovative solution.

BJK likes this.
  11. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Italy is still on for now. My understanding are the ones in the US have been cancelled.

12. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Interesting you say this because to me it feels like the SF90S has been designed to be both a Spider and a hardtop right from the start and this is one of the reasons why the back looks so heavy and the engine so low (its not really that low compared to other V8s, only a few mm). They have created a heavier design in the back for additional space for the top, otherwise it could have had a much lighter look in the back.

9nb and technom3 like this.
  13. Ananda

Ananda Rookie

Mar 19, 2011
    Many research centers across the globe say that electric technology is a dead end, and the (near) future is hydrogen.

LARRYH, Silberpfeil and 500tr like this.
  14. F142George

F142George Karting

Jun 26, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    George
    Hydrogen is still electric, just a different electricity storage medium. They need to overcome powerdraw issues though.

DGPF likes this.
  15. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Perhaps you’re correct. I agree with the “heavier design” aspect in terms of the rear. Only time will tell however.

[gTr] likes this.
  16. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019
    Ferrari+Hybride+Spider = even more weight :p

17. Maggio23

Maggio23 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2013
    OMG, another unknown "professional racer", who measures every gram of his "race car".

technom3, maximilien and anunakki like this.
  18. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yes, they will turn a porker into an elephant!

DGPF and Ale55andr0 like this.
  19. Art_collector

Art_collector Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    The SF90 spider will have a roof just like the la Ferrari aperta, and I’m sure that there is no luggage space to put the roof in. So without the roof the car will be already a bit lighter

20. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    V12 will always be superior.....

Avneet likes this.
  21. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    When are this pics from?
    The Factory is closed and it's strange that this "spider" mule is that covered as the body of the coupé is already well known.

22. F142George

F142George Karting

Jun 26, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    George
    Factory is closed but most manufacturers are still able to do road tests safely.

456-boy likes this.
  23. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    The experimental department is open

456-boy and F142George like this.