Sold - FS: Raidillon Chronograph Watch 42-C10-127 #14/55 | FerrariChat

Sold FS: Raidillon Chronograph Watch 42-C10-127 #14/55

Discussion in 'Other Parts & Collectibles' started by Tifoso, Apr 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tifoso

Tifoso Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 8, 2005
    Concord, NH
    Full Name:
    Carmine
    I'm selling my very unique Raidillon chronograph, model 42-C10-127. This is number 14 out of a total run of 55. Raidillon is a Belgian company that makes some very cool watches with Swiss movement that have an amazing aesthetic and solid build quality. I fell head over heels after seeing this design on-line, and ended up purchasing it directly from Raidillon.

As you can see from the photos, this is a striking watch with a design that is unique in many respects - from the gorgeous matte silver machined dial, to the minimalist face with funky chrono subdials, to the bright yellow second hand, to the round date window, to the light blue suede band accented by a Raidillon-branded butterfly clasp, there are cool details everywhere you look. Of all of the watches I've owned, this one generates the most compliments. I think it perfectly nails that difficult balance between looking different while still maintaining a very classy presentation.

Unfortunately, I have a smallish 6.75" wrist, and I have decided that this watch simply wears too large for me. The 42 mm diameter is not usually a problem, so I have a feeling that the thickness of the case and lug-to-lug length are contributing factors. I can't find any dimensions, but would guess the watch is 15+ mm thick and has a lug-to-lug length well in excess of 50 mm. I have included a wrist shot for reference, so that you can get a sense of the watch's scale.

This Raidillon uses the trusted ETA Valjoux 7750 automatic movement, and has a screw down crown with engraved "55" that contributes to a 100 meter water resistance. That said, I never wore it in the water. The chrono has a 12-hour counter in the 6:00 portion of the dial, and a 30-minute counter at 12:00, and the chrono buttons have a cool engraved "Clous de Paris" cross-hatching. The hour and minute hands are luminescent, and the case back is transparent. The case itself has a brushed stainless steel finish, very much in keeping with the minimalist, industrial aesthetic of the watch.

I wore this watch only occasionally, and it is in perfect condition with the exception of a nick on the angled bezel surrounding the dial at around 2:00, clearly visible in the photos. I have reduced the asking price accordingly. The case is otherwise in excellent shape, and the crystal is unmarked. The blue suede band is in perfect condition, and nicely complements the watch. The movement, including the chrono function, operates perfectly and keeps great time. It has the benefit of the balance of its 5-year warranty (warranty started to run upon my purchase in June 2019).

As noted above, I have owned the watch from new, so it comes with everything - i.e., all presentation boxes, all manuals and marketing materials, and warranty card.

WATCH SPECIFICATIONS:

- Swiss ETA Valjoux 7750 Automatic Movement
    - 100 meter water resistance
    - 42 mm case diameter (excluding crown)
    - Machined matte silver dial
    - Chrono function with 30-minute and 12-hour counters
    - Sapphire crystal with double AR coating

PRICE:

- $1,475 net to me (add 3% for Paypal), shipping within continental US included. Sorry, not interested in trades at this time. I have been on Fchat for many years and I have lots of good feedback on Watchuseek.com both as a buyer and seller (same username), so please check that out.

Any questions, please send me a PM and I will get back to you. Thanks.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That's a really handsome piece!

GLWS!

3. Tifoso

Tifoso Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 8, 2005
    Concord, NH
    Full Name:
    Carmine
    Thanks! I do love it, just wish I were born with bigger wrists..... :)

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That is a generous housing...still as Batman once said: "just wear the suit"..or something like that

Its very tasteful, in it's styling…

Tifoso likes this.
  5. DSS

DSS Rookie

Jul 4, 2020
    Hi there, I'm interested in your watch, wasn't able to leave a message here but left you one on watchuseek.

6. Tifoso

Tifoso Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 8, 2005
    Concord, NH
    Full Name:
    Carmine
  7. Tifoso

Tifoso Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 8, 2005
    Concord, NH