488 - Pistas selling for less than MSRP... | Page 41 | FerrariChat

488 Pistas selling for less than MSRP...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 09Scuderia, Mar 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Fxxk!! Forget the rest.

mkraft3003 and Gh21631 like this.
  2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I'm just trying to keep it on topic. :)

3. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    And this moderator thanks you for it! :)

Kind regards,

Nuno.

paulchua and Gh21631 like this.
  4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #1004 Shadowfax, Apr 27, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    Gh21631 likes this.
  5. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Feel bad for you Pista owners whose interior is " rubbish".

Gh21631 likes this.
  6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I'm perfectly OK with it. F8 is the same except the vents btw. I would agree the seats are bony in the Ferrari although still comfortable enough on a long drive. I would say the main kicker is the clumsy MI, the lack of glove box and hopeless door storage pockets. Not sure what they were trying to achieve with that. Stupid. Award winning form and function failure.

7. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The barrel vents on the F8 are absolutely stunning according to Harris. And when it comes to aesthetics, he is an expert.

8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #1008 Shadowfax, Apr 27, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    Okay... He can certainly drive though....will give him that much and I agree on his take about the controls and contact points - the elements which distinguish a great drive from an exceptional one. Personally I don't agree with him at all on the internal aesthetics in the 488 platform as being outdated and poorly put together at all. I would agree on the MI which is hard to argue and the storage is a long way short but other than that the 488 interior is very pleasing to the eye. Not too old and not too modern to where it loses the organic feel like so many of these new digital interiors are doing now. In a sports car less is more imho. These new cars are becoming very fussy and overly digital. I wouldn't change anything inside my Pista except perhaps add a bit more padding to the swab and put the glovebox back along with fixing the door storage so its usable. The rest is more or less fine although a more user friendly MI wouldn't go astray. The car drives great and stirs the senses which is the main thing. I just really wish all this kung flu BS would go away so I can use it. Can't believe how badly China has screwed the entire planet this time. Usually its been limited to their own country.

9. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Agreed!!! I was at the Finali Mondiali a few years ago at Daytona and I can still hear those FxxK in my dreams. Lol. Those are amazing cars.

dustman and Shadowfax like this.
  10. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    OMG what a car. I could only wish of owning a car like that and being able to drive it on some of my favorite roads and circuits. I'm pretty sure I could live with just the one car (this one) if came down to it.

IloveGT likes this.
  11. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Friend of mine races one. Pretty sick.

12. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    it’s too expensive.

it’s too powerful.

it doesn’t have auto mode.

what kind of person would buy one?

Hybrid tech is lacking.

zero emotion from the car.

you can’t drink coffee while driving.

Ill wait for the Aston. That car should be epic

IloveGT and mkraft3003 like this.
  13. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Hilarious

14. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Keep in mind. The bulk of the used car market dropped 10-15% in a matter of weeks. How much did high line reset? The same? More? It might be the case, that a non-franchise dealer has an unpleasant choice to make on many of their cars: write a $20-40,000 check to move a car, or write a series of smaller checks for floor plan expense over the next 90-120. Those floor plan checks can add up quickly, depending on your lender agreement, meanwhile the car could continue to lose value, or not. Difficult choices. Some will consider to themselves that the first loss is the best loss, others will choose to ride it out; however, bumpy it might get.

For me, I look at this much differently, say I want to buy a car and it’s suddenly $40,000 less than before; that would mean that my personal income is likely to be at least 50% less. I have three businesses with revenue off about 60% the last 45 days. It’s a little bumpy right now. Personally, I would rather pay $40,000 MORE for a car, and have my income be strong, than pay LESS and have my income be terminal. It might sound incongruous, but I am rooting for higher prices right now, not lower. Higher prices would mean that business found its footing, mine included.

15. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Well said. Like you our business is down big. Pay cuts, bonuses deferred for those that kept their jobs and of course lay offs and furloughs. Ive got enough savings and net worth where I can easily manage this blip in the road but frankly, the last thing Im thinking of right now is buying a car. Probably cause my garage is full of cars that I love and if that wasn't the case, maybe id be out looking for a deal. But as it is, ill sit tight and content, wait for a market rebound and if cars cost more at that time, so be it.

16. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    very sensible approach. I think the fact that the garage is full of the cars we currently like has a lot to do with it. The only car that can replace my titanio 458 coupe with 320k msrp is the 458 SA, but only with my wife approval...

And by the way, Pista sounds surprisingly good in Harris video. I still prefer it to the F8 though.

Who currently own both by the way?

17. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Not me. Have a Pista and 720. Passed on the allocation for the 765. For the 200k it would cost me to upgrade from 720 to 765, I’d rather add a GT3 RS or similar. 765 will be a beast and a great car but just don’t think it will be 200k better than my 720.

Gh21631 likes this.
  18. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Guess I am alone in wanting high end prices to plummet!

19. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    +1

20. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Prices should plummet but if my income plummets, haven't really gained anything.

Thecadster likes this.
  21. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I don't thing there is enough inventory yet, and I think a lot of people have pushed their problems and bills down the line a bit. Where you might see some nice weakening will be in the fall/winter of this year. Lots of factories will be working through August to pump out cars and inventory should grow - any dealer or private seller that is gonna feel the hurt will feel it by then. I predict a small surge in car/business activity in the summer once things open up and then come winter when the awful Q2 and softer Q3 results come people will start taking offers because it won't get better faster. Anyhow I am on the hunt for a 675LT Spider, so stay away from those :)

Napoli likes this.
  22. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Great choice!

23. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    True story. Plus, if the income is big enough, that drop would absolutely dwarf any potential drop in car prices.

SoCal to az likes this.
  24. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    So I picked up this 2020 Pista with extracampiona white pearl today. Owner received Jan 15 2020 and I bought under MSRP. It is loaded with options . I looked at least at 15 of these cars and found over MSRP. Put 60 miles on it today. 3,000 dollars worth of expel. It needs nothing, Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Super jealous. Congrats!