Mick Schumacher | Page 22 | FerrariChat

Mick Schumacher

Discussion in 'F1' started by daytona355, Aug 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    DF1 and william like this.
  2. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    The counter example is Albon. Pretty average in F2. Doing well in F1. What about Vandoorne. Great in F2. Failed in F1...

Either way, Mick has to significantly improve in F2 this year and more wins are required if he hopes to make it to F1 on merit. We shall see. I hope he can do it.

Bas and DF1 like this.
  3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Alexander Albon in F2
    2017 10th with 86 pts no win
    2018 3rd with 212 pts, 4 wins

Mick Schumacher in F2
    2019 12th with 53 pts, 1 win
    2020 ??????????????????

We have yet to see if Schmacher Jr will be among the leaders in F2 this year.
    His future depends on it

Vandoorne failed completely in F1 having been recruited by McLaren, at a low ebb.
    That completely destroyed his chances of a successful career.
    George Russell could suffer the same fate, unfortunately.

subirg likes this.
  4. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Agreed re Russell. I think he’s the best rookie on the grid. Better than Norris. Better than albon. But his equipment totally underplays his skill. I wish him well for 2020

635CSI, 88porsche944 and william like this.
  5. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    My friend, first of all, what isn't true about what I wrote?

Second, you seem to be unfamiliar on how the categories prior to F1 work. 7th in F3 for a ROOKIE is a tremendous result! The former F3 championships, with the Dallara F3XX series chassis and the 2-liter normally aspirated engines, were extremely competitive, with grids of more than 24 cars and the first ten on the grid many times within the same second. It is/was a package that demanded experience on it to reach the best setup and a rookie would have little chance against drivers in their second year.

Third, read again what you wrote: "he... has never beaten any of them including Leclerc, Norris and Russel.." Are you aware that these three are not only the most talented drivers of their generation but also they were all beaten by Albon during karting? Indeed, Albon is behind them when it comes to formula results, but he is on their tails.

I also hope that the Mick Schumacher will be a great driver in F1, but he is at very best at the same level as Albon, not better.

Bas likes this.
  6. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    We are all entitled to our opinions, so it's ok to disagree.

I stand by everything I wrote. Albon is not a star and never will be. As for Mick, all I said is that I hoped he might make it in F1 one day. If he can achieve what Albon has achieved in F1, that will be a good accomplishment.

With regards to comparing karting careers - the world is littered with drivers who were winners in karts and never achieved much in the senior formulas. The fact that this same pattern is happening to Albon just proves my point about him. He will get destroyed by Verstappen for as long as he is at Redbull.

7. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    You evaded from my question: excluding the part of my opinion, what is untrue on my original post?

Norris, Russell, Leclerc, Verstappen: all World or European karting champions. See the real pattern?

8. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    You have brought to the discussion a very important point: bad teams or circumstances can destroy a career. Vandoorme, Vergne, Wehrlein, Bourdais, Kovalainen, etc., all talented drivers that failed...

william likes this.
  9. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Yes. This exactly makes my point. Thank you.

william likes this.
  10. F1fletch

F1fletch Rookie

Nov 21, 2019
    Pacifica
    Full Name:
    Darren Fletcher
    I really like JH and I think he is spot on, if Mick can’t create a winning season he may not be good enough and that’s certainly no disrespect to him. I am rooting for him but there is no time to deliver results years down the road, if he wants F1 he needs to be visiting the podium regularly in F2.

DF1, Ferraripilot and william like this.
  11. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    If Mick Jr doesn't finish into the top 3 this year or gets beaten by his teammate, he will be as respected as Stroll.

tifosi12 likes this.
  12. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Let's say a move to F1 wouldn't be justified in that case.

lorenzobandini likes this.
  13. The only reason Stroll is shown such disrespect is because he's in because of his dad's money. There have been many of the same lack of caliber that stayed in for years but weren't treated the same because it wsn't family's money. Why not? They were still in on somebody's.... I don't have the same attitude about him as he's there, on somebody's money and at least he's not constantly taking people out or anything, so God bless. If it's not what he really wishes to do...then I say get the heck out.

If Mick doesn't have what it takes (which so far looks to be the case), yet makes it to the grid by let's say his father's name (the name Picquet comes to mind) and somebody's money (like everyone else on the grid)...God bless him too. Again, if he doesn't really want to be there, get out also.....

william likes this.
  14. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Within a few posts, Lucky Luciano's English improved tremendously, with no trace of Sicilian accent anymore.

Terra likes this.
  15. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Where is the "disrespect"? When I say Mick would be "as respected as Stroll", I meant that they would be both average drivers.

16. I didn't mean your respect when I posted "The only reason Stroll is shown such disrespect is because he's in because of his dad's money.". I was referring to the opinion of a father, having the ability and resources to help his son, would have the audacity to do so...... For shame, for shame.....how dare he! :rolleyes:

'Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Take a "stroll" (pun intended :)) through this 124 page, 3,000+ post thread https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/rock-n-stroll-the-stroller-thread.546502/
    in which posts such as (and worse): "Just shows how fncked the Williams team is. Two hopeless drivers and one is hopefully paying a fortune to be taking up space he does not deserve ..." or "Let's hope the effeminate Canuck and his fat father who looks like a butch lesbian (in my humble opinion only homosexuals and sailors are called Lawrence) realize that quickly."

That is where the kind of dis-respect I was referring to is often noted. :oops:

Adrian Thompson and william like this.
  17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Regarding the last quote; you know where that was coming from, don't you ?

18. Nope. 'Just ripped it outa the thread without looking at the author. I try not to see anymore. Just keep respecting them all....except that louse, GV. ( Take that, gordondriver... Image Unavailable, Please Login ....,,,,,,,,.. Image Unavailable, Please Login )

:)

19. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
  20. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Like who? (Drivers from different eras like de Cesaris don't count :p )

Did you see all the teams rush to sign RACE WINNER Maldonado ;)

What exactly has Stroll done to earn your respect? One fluke podium and a gifted F3 title.

Maybe if he dressed like a Banana I'd give him more respect :p
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bas likes this.
  21. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Well, Stroll have been buying seats and teams for his son for quite some time. This in turn means there is one less seat for a talented driver. I think we can probably arrive into 50 names of drivers out of F1 who are way more talented than Lance. Add to that the arrogance of Lawrence, then don't expect that Lance will be admired by the public.

22. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Compared to many pay-drivers who visited F1 over the years, Stroll is no better or worse, IMO.
    So why would he deserve such scorn?
    Simply because he come with his father's money, instead of Bill Gates's money, or Carlos Sim's money? or perhaps Richard Branson's money?
    F1 always had drivers like him, and hopefully always will.

23. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    There has always been people buying seats at the expense of better drivers, one can argue.
    That's usually the work of sponsors; they chose who they want to back, sometimes against logic.
    The difference with Stroll is that his sponsor is his father.
    That's fine with me.

24. #549 lorenzobandini, Apr 29, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    (A) I was gonna' mention de Crasheris but decided against it. :)

(B) 'Glad you asked. The way I was raised (and noone will EVER make me ashamed of it), I respect every person that exists until they do something that makes me lose that respect (Lance hasn't done that to me); the same as I expect from others.
    And in such a case, more importantly, I don't resort to childish mud slinging. I don't believe in lowering myself BELOW their level. Works real well for me. ;) (Well, EXCEPT for Mssr william... :p)

eidt:
    Exackly!!! That's what I meant in post #539....somebody foots most drivers bill.....They're called SPONSRS, be it companies or individuals.

25. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Well, usually when a sponsor buys a seat for a driver, he usually has true talent. When a rich person (De Cesaris, Pedro Diniz, etc.) gets money from a pool of sponsors or from their parents to buy a seat, that's not the business of anybody else. But the case with Lawerence is his attiture, he is truly an arrogant prick who thinks he can create talent with money. The Mazepin family, for instance, is as rich or richer than Stroll but in the end of each race event the kid would go to every team member to thank for the work and to say goodbye. Stroll on the other hand...

I remember back in the day Nelson Piquet explaning what was his plan to create his own teams in F3 and GP2 for his son: "he has the first year to learn and the second year to be champion. If he is not talented to do so, he will go back home to work."

Bas, stavura, Igor Ound and 1 other person like this.