Ferrari ROMA | Page 97 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TWCC

TWCC Karting

Apr 27, 2020
    #2401 TWCC, Apr 30, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    uhn2000, Maggio23 and perrinnation like this.
  2. perrinnation

perrinnation Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2012
    The Detroit area
    Full Name:
    David
    Ugh....

I just left the site. The new Roma background is lovely.

BUT.....

Mama Mia! What a slog to get through! God forbid you want to see a different color stitching in your interior. The entire page bogged down and seized up.

Fail.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Can you at least see what it might look like without the shields?!?
    T

4. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
  5. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Sorry I missed the first 97 pages of the thread, can someone sum up what we think? Car seems nice, low key, on the cheaper end, slightly silly back seats, elegant design, powerful engine and feel-good factor. Additionally big points with Ferrari for buying one as I think they are really pushing it. What am I missing?

6. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Mine will be about the same if not a bit more then my Portofino. Yes they are pushing it but it’s kind of all they got from a GT 2+2 so not sure what their plan is with no Lusso and no convertible GT. Seems very unlike the well oiled portfolio machine they have been thus far. I will get a Roma but it’s confusing, what is it supposed to replace, my Pista? Portofino? Lusso12? Gwagon? It’s a very confusing product for someone like me and none of the 911 or Aston guys it was supposed to attract are lined up outside begging for one. Maybe everyone needs to see it, drive it, I dunno, I hope I am wrong about it’s potential flop status.

roma1280, 500tr and Bundy like this.
  7. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
  8. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Per one of the advertisements that I saw, and posted up thread, it was meant to appeal to new segments of the market - young, techy urban sophisticates & older, multi-home owning bon vivants. We shall see. I like the more curvaceous exterior in contrast to many of the more angled offerings from F...T

of2worlds and roma1280 like this.
  9. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Yes I like the slick exterior styling. A question on the interior, is the central clunky ipad screen as bad as it looks when you see the car in person or is it ok?

10. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Cannot say. Have not seen it in the flesh. My concern is similar to yours. From pics and YouTube videos, the interior looks busier than I would like...T

11. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    The rear is one big piece of carbon. I am not getting any outside CF.

12. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I don’t want the same black plastic as my Portofino (Roma looks even larger), do you know if it can be painted?

13. John Fisher

John Fisher Rookie

May 3, 2020
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    AirTight Amps
    Oh no, looks like I fall squarely within their targeted demographics. I'm a long-time Porsche guy but I respond to the Roma in a way that reminds me of how I felt when I got my first 911. This will be my first Ferrari (and this is my first post on this forum). Anyway, can't wait to drive this around Northern California. I'm going for British Racing Green.

14. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Sooooooo, young hipster or bon vivant, which one are you? Father time has ruled out the former for me, so I'm trying my best to be the latter. BRG is a great color. Do you worry it'll really encourage all the "it looks like an Aston" blather?!?
    T

of2worlds likes this.
  15. John Fisher

John Fisher Rookie

May 3, 2020
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    AirTight Amps
    I've seen a few posts and a youtube video on the Aston comparisons, but frankly, I think some Astons are gorgeous so it doesn't bother me. Maybe the Roma is Ferrari perfecting the Aston? For whatever reason, I've never been tempted by an Aston but fell in love with the Roma instantly.

16. perrinnation

Nov 24, 2012
    The Detroit area
    Full Name:
    David
    Nope.

17. perrinnation

Nov 24, 2012
    The Detroit area
    Full Name:
    David
    Does anyone predict a Roma Spider in a few years that would replace the Portofino altogether? Or will the two models continue side by side and develop separately?

vcappp likes this.
  18. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    I thought the Roma was already the Portofino coupe!

19. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That's what I thought, but the question by @perrinnation reminds me, why no sun roof on the Roma?
    To be honest, I think I enjoy the sunroof on my 911 more than the hard-top convertible on the Cali.
    Sunroof is the best of both worlds, IMO...T

vcappp, AD211 and John Fisher like this.
  20. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Welcome to the club (andFchat) John. The Roma won’t be my first, but I understand how you feel. It is a great car and you will love it

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

uhn2000 likes this.
  21. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    I have absolutely no automotive engineering or design expertise, but... if they remove the goofy rear "seats", wouldn't that give them enough space to put in the convertible top mechanism? Or maybe stretch the back of the car by couple inches without compromising the elegant lines.

22. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I read somewhere that the +2 seats are more for insurance purposes than for people. Not sure if that is urban myth or not.
    If the mechanism is anything like my Cali, the HTC takes a huge amount of space, hence the "junk in the trunk" look it has.
    T