812 VS Rumors | Page 55 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    To me the 812SF is a VS in itself. It feels so fast, powerful, noisy , angry and responsive it scares the sh** out of me I really wonder what a potential VS of that car would be. Really where do we go from there??

2. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    You can bet that the new limited edition VS reviews will start with that question and end with "I didn't think it was possible but they did it again". :)

stavura, 456-boy, Thecadster and 6 others like this.
  3. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    Thats how i felt when I was driving my F12, then when I drove the TDF the very first 10 secs, i was like wow. Ferrari did it again. they took it so far up and beyond.

Thecadster likes this.
  4. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I felt there was such a big jump from the f12 I had one previously and it’s nowhere close to the 812. Never driven the tdf I’d be curious to know how you think it compares to the 812?

5. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    TDF to 812 is similar in a way like Pista to 488GTB. I have not had any moment feeling the F12B has anything to do with the TDF. Somehow the TDF feels like in the same generation with the 812 tbh. It's complicated for my English level to explain but all these 3 cars behave very differently. I think that explains why Ferrari is better than any other supercar brand. Ppl can't just have 1 halo car from the brand and call themselves experience the whole brand.

Caeruleus11 and uhn2000 like this.
  6. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    So Saturday working and a possible shortening of the August break by a week are possibilities to catch up lost production time.2 models confirmed to be launched in 2020.Still don't know if 812 VS will be one of them.

456-boy and Dubaicity like this.
  7. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    This time around while I have that they can extract more power the question i ask myself is what kinds of skills will be required to drive such a carthe 812 is so powerful already, pretty much has the drivetrain of Laf With the (improved) technological bits from the tdf albeit with more power but more usable...a bit sceptical about the gpf i the VS as well. All of that said you know what I think I ‘ll take one!

8. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    #1358 PTG1, May 5, 2020
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
    Maybe v12 turbo is for a later generation or they are just toying with the idea

9. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    They already said they will stay with a pure NA V12 without any kind of electric power ( leiter's words)

10. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    So does that mean the 812 replacement will remain na v12 with no hybrid and no turbo?

11. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    It sounded like turbos in the video so, Im not saying its the next generation or anything of the sort I'm saying they may just be testing this for some other application or future models etc

12. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    They already said (long time ago, I know) they'd never do an SUV, so that kind of final statement could be true in the short term but no guarantee for the future.

PTG1 and LMH like this.
  13. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Well said. It’s a keeper.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  14. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    It is truer than you may think.
    I have said it before but check the code on your car cover.Ferrari designated the 812 as F152VS-M (i.e. a modified tdf)

Caeruleus11, PTG1 and 456-boy like this.
  15. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I’m going to check today you got excited. I wouldn’t be surprised at all it really feels like a VS I’m actually not fully convinced there will release a so called VS of that car frankly but time will tell. If they do so how much better can it be??

16. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds, Albert-LP and Caeruleus11 like this.
  17. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Right then it feels pretty clear how can there be a VS of that car? What will they call it? What surprises me us that the car is supposed to be a Modified F12 that implies it’s indeed a modified tdf which is even a step forward. I’m even more tempted to think the next v12 will be hybrid and reserved for special series / have more than 1000hp and cost more than the sf90 . That implies v8 hybrid become the new top of the production series range.

ScrappyB likes this.
  18. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Pretty sure there will be a VS of 812 but now less sure it will launch this year.
    The two big questions in my mind are will it be limited edition and what will engine be ?

19. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    My understanding of what VS cars are is lightweight and a reworked version of the engine with a touch more power therefore that car should have a na 6.5L na v12 otherwise i dont see how they could call 812 VS. And the car will have a GPF contrary to the 812SF. Finally to compensate for the loss of power from the gpf that na v12 will need to produce close to 900hp... there are magicians after all but I’m not fully sure whether they can and will achieve that and how it will sound with the gpf time will tell

20. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I cannot check now but I think the 488 cover also says F142-VS (with or without M), which did not prevent the Pista to exist.
    For the 812VS the critical improvement should be weight reduction since with 800 hp power is not an issue (a symbolic increase will be enough in this respect).

21. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    That’s what I thought too, but if you listen to that video posted a few pages back it sure sounds like turbos to me. It wasn’t just a muted NA V12 due to GPF, it sounds like something is spooling up.

Could be for the next gen model or I could be hearing wrong. Either way it sure didn’t sound very good. I’m 99.9% certain the VS will be NA but maybe with a few tricks up its sleeve.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

PTG1 likes this.
  22. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Curious to know what it says on the 488 cover
    Engine-wise it will have to be a modified version of the engine in the gts which has a gpf for a little more power it remains to be seen how it will sound
    Achieving a 90/100 kg reduction on the 812 ( which already i think 50kg) lighter than the f12 will be a miracle. Some of the panels ( doors and boot) i believe are already i CF
    Let’s see

23. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    From what I read kerb weights of F12 and 812 are exactly identical at 1630 kg (which is already a performance given the larger engine of the 812), on the other hand the F12 TdF was claiming 1520 kg.

24. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    According to wikipedia kerb weights are 1744kg vs 1791kg

25. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I referred to the official Ferrari data sheets weights (I know they're optimistic, but I guess thay can be used for comparison), just checked that wikipedia in english refers to press tests (so the weights quoted are closer to reality to but refer to specific tested cars).