Italy and Coronavirus | Page 15 | FerrariChat

Italy and Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Albert-LP, Feb 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Still difficult to comprehend how this could happen from one person from Wuhan. I cant understand. Alberto I give you much credit for being strong in the middle of hell.

2. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #352 Albert-LP, Apr 21, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    Nobody knows how and when it started. Several here now think the virus was here since last July, when Juventus football club head coach Maurizio Sarri came back from China at the end of July (2019) and had a very bad pneumonia in August that lasted one month: he told "I couldn't breathe anymore…"

Juventus was forced to change head coach for several games.

Someone thinks (now) that Maurizio Sarri was the "number zero" infected. Only fantasy?

It means MANY came here from China between July 2019 and February 2020. This could as well explain why there were so few cases in China: maybe they counted it only starting after five months from the infection...

Is this true? who knows, I DON'T THINK, but could explain better what happened.

ciao

https://www.viagginews.com/2019/09/13/maurizio-sarri-paura-malattia-juventus-polmonite/
    https://www.persemprenapoli.it/notizie/altre-news/sarri-salta-il-debutto-di-parma-e-non-ci-sara-neanche-col-napoli/

3. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Our family in Turin is still isolating themselves. Only out for food and a brief walk. Still very stressful, but they are coping.

4. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    As with all of Italy I also wish your family well. I said to my wife an hour ago that when we ever get back there , I know I will cry. Really miss her and the people.

NbyNW and Albert-LP like this.
  5. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    a today news: it looks the virus could heve been in the USA before than in Italy

Ore 14.26 - Negli Usa il virus circolava a metà gennaio

Tracce del nuovo coronavirus negli Stati Uniti circa tre settimane prima di quanto riportato ufficialmente: due californiani sono morti, infatti, di Covid-19 diverse settimane prima del primo caso di malattia accertato ufficialmente nel paese. Lo rivelano i risultati dell'autopsia eseguita sui due pazienti deceduti presso la Northern California's Santa Clara County, una 57enne morta il 6 febbraio e un 69enne morto il 17 febbraio. L'aspetto più importante di questa scoperta è che entrambi non avevano fatto viaggi che potevano metterle a rischio di contagio. Quindi si presume che il virus già circolasse nella contea almeno da gennaio.
    --------------
    Traces of the new coronavirus in the United States about three weeks earlier than officially reported: two Californians died, in fact, of Covid-19 several weeks before the first officially recognized disease case in the country. The results of the autopsy performed on the two patients who died in the Santa Clara county of Northern California reveal it, a 57-year-old died on February 6 and a 69-year-old died on February 17. The most important aspect of this discovery is that both of them did not make any trip that put them at risk of contagion. So it is assumed that the virus has already been circulating in the county since at least January.

https://www.gazzetta.it/Cronaca/23-04-2020/coronavirus-ultime-notizie-italia-mondo-oggi-giovedi-23-aprile-370417932575.shtml

6. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    today for the first time we had more recovered (3033, new record) than new infected (2646). Still a long way to home, but it's a big step, despite 464 fatalities also today

ciao

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Dai Baracca and absostone like this.
  7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Thank you Albert and best wishes for you and yours...

Albert-LP likes this.
  8. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Thank you Albert. I hope that I can meet you when we visit Italy in September..we are still planning to come. I heard from the M.O. in Milano that they expect to begin to re-open in May and be fully opened in June. For the hotel we have booked on Lake Como, they are expecting a June 1 re-open. Of course, a lot can happen between now and then. I am sad to state that our friends who own the villa in Pietrasanta that we rent have had two deaths in their family. They live in Roma. We send to you and all of our friends in Italy our kindest regards and best wishes for good health.

NbyNW, Albert-LP and absostone like this.
  9. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    thank you both.

here things are going a bit better, but the improving is very slow. I think that we will need one more month to reach a big improvement with much less less infected than today. This said, when you will be here, you will have to take every safety measure you are taking at your home today, but you could move everywhere. I suppose. In June almost everything should reopen, but with safety criteria.

I think the most problematic thing will be the air travel, but then here just rent a car (better no train or bus) and everything will be ok.

ciao

Attached Files:

NbyNW likes this.
  10. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Hopefully calming down soon. And yes rental car is awesome to go at your own pace, beautiful scenery, and you can stop off where ever you want.

NbyNW likes this.
  11. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Today we had 4700 recovered, new record and twice than usual. New infected came back under 2k again. Numbers are going down.

Ciao

NbyNW, lbird, Dai Baracca and 4 others like this.
  12. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Good news. We hope you and your family are all doing well.

Albert-LP likes this.
  13. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    It keeps improving: "only" 1200 new infected today. It will be ok when it will go under 50 per day: one more month at least.

ciao

G. Pepper and absostone like this.
  14. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Luckily the news is getting better everyday. Hope you are feeling better also.

Albert-LP likes this.
  15. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Auguri Auguri Italia, I am very happy for the easing of restrictions for all of you . But I know there is a cautious road ahead , which I am sure you all are aware of in keeping your long awaited freedom. God bless you .

16. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Yes, I have been monitoring these numbers closely, and Italy has suceeded now, after a heavy price in death numbers (officially 29.079 dead yesterday at the end of the afternoon, but who knows exactly how many, taken in consideration those who died at home, etc...).
    BUT now, the biggest challenge is how to "de-quarantine" in good order, so as not to have a "second wave"...

And don't get me wrong: no nationalistic consideration whatsoever here: it is exactly the same problem here in France: "de-quarantine" is supposed to start on May 11th, but I shall not; I will remain quarantined at least until June 2nd, and perhaps even later (No worry: my quarantine conditions are excellent).

Alberto knows how worried I am about what we both love the most: living the good life, enjoying lunch or dinner with friends; most restaurants, trattorias, etc...will be very hard pressed to survive two months without income, and probably more than two months...are there any business than can live without turnover for more than that? I fear that some part of our "former life" will be left in shambles...

Rgds

Dai Baracca, Steelton Keith and JL350 like this.
  17. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    No, Bruno: we count them all and in a very accurate way. The Italian casualties figure is 100% correct: nobody here has a doubt about it.

You are right: yesterday we started the "phase 2" and what I saw is that everyone is taking care of his health quite well. At least here.

I think the life "outside" is not so dangerous as you think (if you and the Others take care of your health), but we have to rememeber that this Covid will stay here (very likely) for one year again or even more. So the real challenge is "don't forget that outside there is this fu@ky virus" for one year or the necessary time, maybe more, who knows. Yes, you are right: our life won't be anymore the same for a long time.
    We will be safe the day there will be zero new infected and every infected will recover, not before, as jut one infected can generate all this mess again.

ciao

18. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I was under the impression that "some" deaths at home might have not been taken into account yet?

Rgds

19. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #369 Albert-LP, May 5, 2020
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
    Perfection doesn't belong to this world, of course, but I would say that very few cases escaped: our highest percentage of casualties means also we check all of them.

ciao

PS
    My cat doesn't care about the virus... :D

Dai Baracca, NbyNW and absostone like this.
  20. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE

As for people who died at home, here the answer is "no-one knows yet"; they will mission a task-force to check all the death certificates, starting January 1st; estimation is that there might be as much as 9.000 more , which would make 25.000 + 9.000 = 34.000.

Yes, cats are doing their best to stay the same; the little family is 12 days old now; mother and the four kitten are going well and strong; they all have eyes open by now...the fun will start soon...

NbyNW and Albert-LP like this.
  21. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I like the cats!! I'm sure that up to the end of February many casualties were missing, but not after that date: I was talking that now they are checking very well. In February (and Genuary) of course no

ciao

22. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    One of the little girls just opening her eyes to the wide, wide world, yesterday...

As for the father (of at least one of the four: cat litters may have several different fathers...) he doesn't care much; it's spring time, he has so many things to do.
    He just comes for some food, usually very early in the morning, just after the break of day; sometimes he doesn't even have time to come to the house, eats in the garden and then disappears..."sorry, but spring time, I have so many things to do"...that guy does not care about quarantine, believe me..
    Comes autumn and winter, then he will spent a lot of time inside, sleeping by the fire, getting fat again...ready for next spring.
    Big, strong, country cat..."King of the Cats", taking care of his empire...happy fellow.

Rgds
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

absostone and Albert-LP like this.
  23. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    G. Pepper likes this.
  24. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
  25. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    No country has friends, I learned this at school with my English history lessons:
    "We (= England) have no eternal Allies, and we have no perpetual Enemies. Our interests are eternal and perpetual, and those interests it is our duty to follow".
    Henty John Temple, Lord Palmeston, Speech to the House of Commons , 1848.

Re-used again by our former President Charles de Gaulle more than a hundred years later: "La France n'a pas d'amis ou d'ennemis, elle n'a que des intérêts".

Rgds

Dai Baracca, Albert-LP and absostone like this.