FF values. What's going on? | Page 32 | FerrariChat

FF values. What's going on?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by puckybadger, Apr 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    That price was high since you cannot get extended warranty on it. It would have been a deal at $100k

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Its eligible for power train warranty.

3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    It's funny, I never saw it ugly, it's exactly what it was always meant to be, a hatchback, (albeit high end) I know you're a fan like me as well. I think some adopt a 'purist' mindset where anything that's not a 2 door 2 seater is considered 'uber bad'

4. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I wish i saw beauty in it. Still love it tho!

Natkingcolebasket69 and paulchua like this.
  5. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    PTG1, johnr265, NYC Fred and 5 others like this.
  6. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    There presently are a couple of high miles (30K+) 2012 FFs with $390K+ MSRPs listed under $120K. I think one can be bought for under $110K but it has some needs. I too was surprised at the result of the BaT auction for the 2012 FF today. Seller did a good job with the listing and responding to questions and wound up doing really well.

7. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I agree, love the hatchback design.

Bundy likes this.
  8. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I wonder too- I got some weird options like the cavalino on the fuel door, 4K for window tinting at the factory lol, 10k plus for special order paint. I didn’t have luggage but 10k air delivery was included from what I can read.
    It’s a 110k car now but love it. Like you I don’t find it pretty but it has a presence I’d say. Not 355, tr, f40 gorgeous but a great car !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yes an FF simply succeeds in putting a smile on your face irrespective of the task at hand...it truly makes running errands fun

10. dgoldenz94

dgoldenz94 Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    Anyone have recent auction numbers for 2012-13 FF's?

11. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Couldn’t agree more. And at the prices we’re witnessing right now, it’s a lot of car and a lot of fun for the money. Perfect errand car. Enjoy them while we can, gentlemen. Pretty soon, anyone driving a non-hybrid or non-electric car will be labelled a criminal.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

NYC Fred, ANOpax and Monopole like this.
  12. sproggin

sproggin Rookie

May 2, 2020
    Which do you think will prove more collectable / valuable in the long term - 612 or FF?
    Similar production numbers for both cars but FF has GTC4 that looks almost the same (512TR worth more than early TR) and 612 whilst ugly duckling might age well/gracefully.
    Prices in Germany of decent 612 now 70-90k euro and FF many dropping into 100-120k range.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Totally agree nuno!
    I dont have manheim access anymore!

Sent from my iPhone using MotorInteractive

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  14. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I have all 3 and its hard to build any conviction on future values. I think for sure the 612 is aging and will continue to age more gracefully but i doubt theyll ever be worth much. 612 oto and FF are both low production but don’t think it matters.

Sent from my iPhone using MotorInteractive

15. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    I don't think that pretty soon anyone driving a non-hybrid or non-electric car will be labelled a criminal. Hybrid and electric cars are unaffordable and unrealistic to a large portion of the population. MHEVs are also an environmentally friendly option. I am sure women can also enjoy Ferraris.

Nospinzone likes this.
  16. CHIPSHK

CHIPSHK Rookie

May 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    CHIPSHK
    Have you seen *any* posts where FF owners have been really disappointed with their purchase?

Bundy likes this.
  17. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    totally. especially from more current buyers who didnt suffer the depreciation from new.
    has anyone else owned an FF from new here?

18. Darkshear

Darkshear Karting

Mar 31, 2019
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Kalon Dillon
    I don't envision the FF ever being labeled as "collectible". I think you'll see people stack miles on them endlessly and then let them go. This is a Ferrari meant for non stop driving, not preservation. Now if there was an FF TdF, that would be under glass in my living room :) well, no it wouldn't because I'm broke but you get the idea.

19. Searching

Searching Rookie

Dec 24, 2006
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I am thinking of purchasing an FF myself. Are there any FF in the Sacramento area? I would love to see one in person and check out the seating before I purchase. There isn't one for sale within 300 miles of me.

I have narrowed down the color to silver (argentino) or grey (grigio). Thinking about Nero vs Cuoio interior. Worried the Cuoio will look dirty with use. Any opinion of Ferrari Alcantera?

Please PM me if you are local and would be willing to let me check out your FF.

Thanks
    Ken

20. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Truth be told, off the top of my head, one of the greatest wastes in life in my book is a low mile FF. The whole purpose of a Ferrari V12 grand tourer is to leave no highway/mountain pass unexplored. It’s finally taking that road trip you’ve been postponing for ages.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

ANOpax and Nospinzone like this.
  21. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I bought my 2015 FF in late October, 2019. I had the dealer hold it for me since my wife and I were driving our 612 OTO from Massachusetts to Arizona for the FCA Annual Experience in November. When we returned I located a set of OEM wheels and ordered Michelin Alpins. By the time I had them on the car it was mid-January.

Can you believe for the rest of the winter we never had a snowstorm?! I'm always cursing snowstorms and the one year I actually want one, nada. So last week I took off the snows and put on the summer tires. Sigh.

22. Darkshear

Darkshear Karting

Mar 31, 2019
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Kalon Dillon
    I have the full Alcantera headliner and carpets, front to rear. I'm shocked at how well they weather. In that they have shown no signs of wear in 30,000 miles. Highly recommend.

I couldn't agree more.

I will let go of the car before 56,000 miles though, since that is the cutoff for the warranty.

23. Kitchdog

Kitchdog Karting

Jan 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    One 2014 FF in Melbourne, Aus had a sticker price of $777k AUD and is now listed for sale for $274k AUD...

I am getting very very keen!

24. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Not disappointed at all but would have if I had paid more given the depreciation and build quality for a 350k car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Are you questioning the build quality of the ff overall .