430 - Swapping Header Types and Exhaust to Meisterschaft | FerrariChat

430 Swapping Header Types and Exhaust to Meisterschaft

Discussion in '360/430' started by bupilot, May 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bupilot

bupilot Karting

May 3, 2016
    China Spring, TX
    Full Name:
    J Anderson
    I've been swapping exhaust components aft of the headers for a few years so finally decided to swap out headers and found a nice Meisterschaft GT exhaust to give a try. Thoughts below are clearly NOT scientific, make some assumptions, are non-expert, not based in data or science (ha), and just meant to be taken as uninformed observations.

Headers: Swapped from 4-1 Fabspeed with blankets to 4-2-1 Tubi
    - I wish I could have the last 4 years of my Ferrari car life back and would have immediately swapped to 4-2-1 headers. I've had different exhausts with the Fabspeed's but this is the first time I've noticed significantly less vibration all the way from idle and cruising to redline and seems so much smoother during acceleration so i'm giving some credit for this to the 4-2-1 headers. I've also noticed a disappearance of the Model-A John Deere Tractor bap-bap-bap at low RPM accelerations. Lastly, power delivery seems stronger in the lower ranges making driving around time even better.

Cats: Swapped from 100 cell to 200 cell cats. I began to think that 100 cell cats were okay but not helping out the good exhaust notes and allowing too much undesirable noise to be amplified. Not much to say other than I still have some overrun pops and plenty of feedback so not upset about the swap.

Exhaust: Swapped from stock to S-line to stock and now to Meisterschaft
    - Glad to hear some of the higher pitched notes I was used to in the Sline are back! I really love the sound of this exhaust. Has a great tone down lower in the rev range and a much higher pitch than the stock exhaust in the upper range...not even missing the S-line anymore which i'm sure would also sound great with the Tubi headers. I've also noticed there's no booming drone during cruising and when the engine is under load going up a hwy ramp under lower rpm's.

Overall I'm so glad I swapped header styles and took a chance at the Meisterschaft. Car is sounding great and I'll get some video as soon as i'm able to get some free time.

Jason

2. carguy007

carguy007 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2013
    Why did you ditch the S line? I hought about the Meisterschaft and saw one on ebay not too long ago. I have it on my m6 and sounds great.

3. zboost300

zboost300 Karting

Jan 27, 2019
    are you selling the s line? Send me a pm if so.

4. bupilot

bupilot Karting

May 3, 2016
    China Spring, TX
    Full Name:
    J Anderson
    I just wanted to try other exhausts but didn't want to store whatever components I wasn't using. Better to have someone driving around with an Sline and enjoying it than it sitting in my attic. I can always get another one if I ever want to go back to it. I really am liking the Meisterschaft and it's definitely visually more appealing than the Sline which is just a nice bonus. I'd imagine the Sline with my new headers and cats would sound incredible too.

5. bupilot

bupilot Karting

May 3, 2016
    China Spring, TX
    Full Name:
    J Anderson
    It's already making music on another Fchat member's F430.

6. zboost300

zboost300 Karting

Jan 27, 2019
    Dang it!

Thank you.