Testarossa Price Trends | Page 194 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#4826 Bradwilliams, May 15, 2020
    Last edited: May 15, 2020
    LMAO. Now that's funny. Are you suggesting that Shamile's pad is a monument to Vice? Nah, it's just a nice bachelor pad. He does have the DVD's though I believe (as do I). That Diablo vt he had was a monster and a beauty. We should all buy him one of those girly Don Johnson posters to hang on his garage wall now that he has so abrubptly left the TR! :)

https://www.ebay.com/i/111360994952?chn=ps

2. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Well the pictures were one thing, but that life size sculpture in the living room was something else.....you've heard of David by Michelangelo? He had Don by some art school dropout....and no fig leaf in sight.

3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Ford GT has such great presence. I hope I get a chance to drive one in future.

4. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    If you ever make it to Texas, I'll put the keys in your hand.

paulchua likes this.
  5. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    I have a 4 post lift.

Pros -- It's a great parking lift. and does provide easy access under the car for work.
    you can move the entire unit, as it comes with castering wheels for each post. You can even move it with the car still on the ramp, as long as it's in the lowered position.
    doesn't require any drilling or floor modification. It sits on it's own feet.

Cons -- If you need to remove the wheels, you need to have an add-on jacking unit (maybe 2 if you want all 4 tires off the ramps).
    Even with the jack units, it is still cumbersome to maneuver around the ramps and posts.

All-in-All, for me, the 4 post was the best option as I use it mostly for parking and light undercarriage maintenance.

Sid

paulchua likes this.
  6. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid

You are waaay too nice! Especially to people that continually insult you!

He should have been banned long ago.

Sid

paulchua likes this.
  7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    We shld create a list of people “who shld have been banned a long time ago”

8. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Wait what now? Are you telling me that Shamile has a nude don Johnson sculpture in the house? When did this happen?

9. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    The legend is extremely dedicated to his passions.....

10. Gary Sandberg

Gary Sandberg Formula Junior

Ha ha ha ha....:D:).

Nope, no pontificating on stamps, coins, Taurus SHO, etc. On the other hand, maybe sitting back with a fine Cuban cigar (perfectly legal in Canada) and a nice glass of port, I'll pontificate on pontificating.

paulchua likes this.
  11. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Thanks for your kind words Sid. I personally hope that @Jay R gets his TR. I think the moment he drives around in it and have that huge smile on his face, all this is forgotten and shown for what it ultimately is, just silly banter.

12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    We are truly kindred spirits, I toast to you sir!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. Gary Sandberg

And a tip of the hat and salute to you as well, sir. Truly an exceptionally fine cultivated gentleman.

MOSS and paulchua like this.
  14. Gary Sandberg

Thought I would also take natkingcolebasket69's proposed template out for a test drive (might as well as I haven't finished the TR clutch yet).

VIN ZFFAA17B000084505
    Price asked $129,900 CDN
    Price Sold if any $129,900 CDN (reason: appraised valuation done in Nov. 2017 was $152,000 CDN)
    Venue offered- Auction, private party, dealer Dealer
    Mileage 14,633 km
    Vehicle known strenght/weaknesses Car was originally sold in Japan, imported to Canada in 2016. Full engine out service, brakes, etc. done in 2017.
    Color Yellow

15. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Oh wow that’s cool! I love ur car!
    Maybe this template could work!
    I think u had a good deal!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Gary Sandberg

Thanks, but you already know about the car.:D;)

Two things to add that come to mind to your template: Year of TR (in my case 1990) and date of purchase (in my case June 2019).

Maybe something on additions??? Don't know about that, but I throw it out there.

For example, coming from Japan, my car was missing many of it's original features. So, I have added back the tool kit, emergency light, bulb/fuse holder, put on new tires and my Christmas present to myself (and the car) in 2019 was a black 6-piece Schedoni luggage set. The car has also been paint corrected and ceramic coated as well.

These additions could give a great sample of pricing related to year as well, perhaps, to specific versions/models and to where people are directing their attention with respect to their car.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  17. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    All of that would be good. And because we all know now it’s a big deal. Was the diff upgraded or not. This seems to be really important info.

18. Gary Sandberg

As far as I know, not. But this becomes part of the interesting development of these cars with respect to improvements.

So, are later cars more robust in that department? I definitely don't know.

Turbo-Joe, Newman and Steve Magnussen can provide much more insight than I ever possibly could.

Zeff and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  19. Gary Sandberg

I should have also added rifledriver and my appologies to anyone else I may have missed.

Zeff and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  20. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    When I spoke with Brian (Rifledriver) by phone a few days ago he said definitely not. He stressed to me to get it done while the motor is already out. He made the best point, if the diff goes your likely going to destroy many components which are now very hard to find and very expensive. Why do you want to take that chance. Do you then want to have to pull the motor out again he asked. He told me he has seen too many of these break and not mess around with this. Now that I’ve seen this happen to Shamiles car I am a believer. Because we now have a personal example to make this a real problem. Brian said it can and will happen and at any point. That is just too risky to leave alone and wait and see. Plus I’d be devastated to find out that some of the parts are going to be difficult to get. Does this affect value or price of the car? I think there is a strong possibility going forward.

21. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Great ideas!

Zeff likes this.
  22. versamil

versamil Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2013
    Gaston, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Brian Healy
    Gary- I like your template and your car. I drove 2000 miles roundtrip to Edmonton BC in 2015 to buy a yellow Testarossa. I had to drive my Freightliner Box Truck
    to pick up the car, as it was in pieces. Just as a note, I pulled apart the differential the other night to just have a peak at the gears, and to see if it was exploding, and I can say at 61,000 kilometers, it's still looks great with no signs of impending disaster. I did quit driving my 15,000 mile Testarossa however, because I started hearing weird noises. I'm going to do both cars simultaneously, so I can figure out where everything goes on my yellow basket case.For what it's worth- I paid 60K for the car just as the Testarossa's were going crazy in 2015. So, a car I couldn't hear run, nor did I know if all the pieces were there. I WANTED a factory yellow car!

Did I pay too much? Gee with out our newly banned poster, I'll never know. Do I care? NO,

23. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Who was banned? Jay?
    I got lost and couldn’t find that post

24. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  25. Gary Sandberg

Thank you! Just want to clarify that the template belongs to natkingcolebasket69. The yellow 1990 TR is mine - YEAH BABY. (Sorry a little bit of Austin Powers, Mike Myers and all that Canadian stuff erupting out :) - blame it on COVID-19).