430 - F1 fluid overflow | FerrariChat

430 F1 fluid overflow

Discussion in '360/430' started by RedTaxi, May 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Out of lockdown and I can legally go for a joy ride woho! Cars been locked up for 7 weeks. I go to take it out and see a puddle of red oil on the floor at the rear. Traced the leak to the overflow hose from top of the e-diff oil tank. (I'll call it that as the car is manual) The level is about 2/3 - 3/4 full. About the height of the ridge around the tank. That fluid was changed about 18 months ago and has not overflowed before. I've done some distance trips in that time. The last drive before lockdown was a short 15 minute cruise. The overflow appears to have happened in the garage. Cleaned it up and went for an awesome 20 minute drive. No leaks. Checked next day, again no leaks. Seems weird???

2. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

2/3 or 3/4 is too much, that's why it overflows,

3. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    So where, 1/2 way? Like I said no overflow for 18 months. Maybe I'll pull some out.

4. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

ferrari has a bulletin on this. i forgot how high it should be because it never mattered to me.

its something around 1/4 of the tank height. not 100% sure, but definitely lower than 1/2

5. Jgivoo

Jgivoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2016
    New Jersey
  6. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen