Unsure about driving the Ferrari this weekend | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Unsure about driving the Ferrari this weekend

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by unreelviper, Apr 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Yep. Sure they don’t want anything to do with people right now. I’ll take it for a food run or to the liquor store. On some back road who knows.

2. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    A cop friend of mine says they were told not to pull anyone over unless it was something super egregious.

Viperjoe likes this.
  3. FerrariFR33458

FerrariFR33458 Formula 3

Aug 4, 2017
    Wash DC Area
    Full Name:
    FR33

4. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    Wow, me too!!!!

Not my daughters mind you ;)

***Just a joke, don't hang me***

5. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    That is the most sensible thing I've heard communicated to police officers recently.

6. FerrariFR33458

FerrariFR33458 Formula 3

Aug 4, 2017
    Wash DC Area
    Full Name:
    FR33
    NY chapter is still doing weekend rallies. Individually I'm ok with a "store run" in a F car taking the long way. A planned group activity of F cars, even with mask and social distancing, right now in my opinion is a little irresponsible. What do you think?

7. 67bmer

67bmer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2015
    MD
    I drove mine this weekend - but I would NOT recommend it!

I have those maple seeds in every crack and crevis imaginable. I don't know if I will ever get them all out...

8. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    I held my first Cars and Coffee of the year and we had over 200 cars. People are sick and tired of being home and living under communist rule.

Time to get back to work and living our lives!

9. colamclean

colamclean Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2013
    McLean, VA
    Full Name:
    Patrick Transue
    #34 colamclean, May 10, 2020
    Last edited: May 10, 2020
    You sir are a total idiot. Glad you are in west Michigan and not anywhere near my people here who respect law, order, and direction from experts who are tasked with maximizing rational thinking and behavior that saves lives. I am not a communist. You are just a foolish idiot.

carz80am, Ira Schwartz and Sharknose like this.
  10. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Haha how long have you been a Communist?

AtomicPunk88, jag-oo-r and jferrante like this.
  11. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Oh ok so the multitude of doctors who say we’re doing the exact opposite thing of what we should do by staying at home don’t have any expertise either? With a normal virus people go about their lives, they get the virus they overcome it and get immunity and it’s done. You don’t quarantine healthy people you quarantine the people that are at high risk or have underlying health conditions. Also the whole narrative was that we had to stay at home so we didn’t overwhelm the hospital system. Guess what hospitals are laying off people left and right because they don’t have enough business. It’s time to get back to work and living life. If you want to stay home go ahead but I have a Constitutional right to peaceable assembly and no executive Order from any governor over rides those rights. I’m so glad I don’t live in Virginia where your Governor has you shut down until the end of June? Your the “Fooled” one LOL!

AtomicPunk88, Gh21631 and ryalex like this.
  12. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Governor blackface is a POS.

13. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    colamclean, 2 day ban, for name calling, keep it on topic. If you wanna talk Covid go to political part of the forum.

Reacherman1022 and jferrante like this.
  14. albkid

albkid Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    Full Name:
    Jim
    It must be apparent by now that most folks need some sort of change in environment from time to time.

Some achieve it by jogging through their neighborhood. Others take a drive in their sports car. With respect to the virus, what could be safer to the general public that driving your car?

Some years ago, it was a generational thing for a family to have a weekend drive in the country. For me, it was a treat when the family stopped at an A&W restaurant for a mid-afternoon lunch. Can't find any A&W restaurants any more by at least I can still find gasoline.

Gh21631 likes this.
  15. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    We are planning to do a C&C at the end of the month. We will suggest proper spacing and people should (if they care to) where masks. Theres no reason to get in anyones face. Just need to be smart about things. I will post up when we confirm.

Robert - if you are in NoVA you should come out. Turnouts are pretty good - tons of exotics and cool people.

16. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Steve
  17. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
  18. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Blumont. We started in Leesburg then went thru Blumont then ended in Middleburg.

19. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Good stuff

20. 328tobe

328tobe Karting

Apr 7, 2012
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Luuda
    My brother and I did a nice route yesterday as well. Leesburg to Philomont and ended in Middleburg. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pilotoCS, zygomatic, SGM and 2 others like this.
  21. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    You could say the same thing about post #37. Political

22. vetconstruction

vetconstruction Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Michael A. Whitlow
    Go out and drive the wheels off! Who doesn't like seeing a cool car tooling up the road. As for the people who are having a difficult time....your way over thinking that.