Looking for engine 57 Ellena - 0835GT | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Looking for engine 57 Ellena - 0835GT

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by enio45, May 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Marcel, is this the orig dealer invoice of the car - sold to the first owner?
    Was the car sent from Ferrari - Maranello to "Garage Francoechamps" - then sold or original owner?

Correcto??

2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #27 Marcel Massini, May 17, 2020
    Last edited: May 17, 2020
    This is the invoice from the FERRARI FACTORY IN MARANELLO to the original dealer, in this case to Garage Francorchamps (owned by Jacques Swaters at the time).
    That garage in Belgium (very well known) re-sold the car to the first owner.
    I own the Garage Francorchamps archive with all invoices, warranty cards, photos and correspondance.

Marcel Massini

of2worlds, ivo73 and readplays like this.
  3. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Great historical info - thanks for the clarification !

4. lussoman

lussoman Karting

Sep 7, 2008
    Hello Ed
    I was just curious what engine is currently in 0835? I have a 250 lusso currently with a 275 GTB engine that has been with the car since the 80's and have been looking around for the original engine 4421 for years. Any chance it is in your Ellena? You mentioned a later model 250 engine.

Chris

5. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    First the 0835 is my friends car, not mine. I have car 0855 and it has all its orig drivetrain in the car.

My friends car, 0835 has an inside plug #1443 currently installed in it.

Sorry i could not help out :-(

6. JViereg

JViereg Rookie

Mar 26, 2007
    Frozen Tundra
    Full Name:
    John H Viereg
    Hi guys glad to hear all the news about this search, its part of the fun and fascination of "Ferrari"! Is there any chance this car passed through Joe Marchetti`s hands. Around 1974/75 I was interested in purchasing a Boano and Joe had one that was in need of restoration. It was a bigger project than I wanted to take on so I didn`t move on it. (sad) but I have a few photos of that car if you are interested. Currently the pictures are in print form( before digital ) but I would transfer them to digital if interested.

MarkL likes this.
  7. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
  8. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Mr. R.

I suggest that you locate former owner Robert Long, psychotherapist in Fairfield, CT/USA, who had your Lusso 4421 GT in the 1980s who may know more about the whereabouts of Lusso engine 4421 GT.
    Back in October 1989 Long advertised the Lusso already with the 275 GTB engine #06905.

Marcel Massini

jimlt4383, 375+ and of2worlds like this.
  9. Flying Haggis

Flying Haggis Rookie

Apr 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    Flying Haggis
    Is that factory invoice for the entire car? $4,000 USD in 1958 buys the same as ~$36,000 today, according to a couple of sites I checked.

10. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Yes.

Marcel Massini

11. lussoman

lussoman Karting

Sep 7, 2008
    Thank you Marcel.
    PM sent

12. jfink

jfink Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2013
    Charlottesville, va
    Full Name:
    jon fink
    what a wonderful conclusion to this story. Bravo everyone who involved themselves in locating the long missing engine. Bravo !!

13. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Thank you Jon, great help from the members here - currently waiting for pics of the motor and the condition as well as what parts are with it. Stay tuned....

meadracing, turbo-joe and readplays like this.
  14. christc

christc Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2013
    Germany
    Seen the Fchat article from Jack Booker on this story? He got things a little bit mixed up. Rob de la Rive Box is dead since years. I doubt that Mr Massini just spoke to him ;-)

Mr. Massini and Robert ,Rob’ Fehlmann spoke to each other and know where the engine is.

15. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Again and again and again:
    The engine is owned by a well known fchatter here.
    It is not a real secret. All people involved are personally known to me. Since many years.
    OP is trying to locate the engine for the owner of the car, the son of Mead Korwin (deceased) in MI.
    I understand from my communications with OP (whom I also know personally) that the actual owner of the car doesn't even know yet about the engine search. The car owner also hasn't expressed any interest of possibly making an offer or purchasing the engine (if available at all). Basically, it is all the OP's initial/own plan, not the car owners plan or idea.

Marcel Massini

16. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I have spoken with the owner of 0835 car - Mr Korwin, earlier this week. I have shared with him all the information that has come to light on the possible existence and location of the block and whatever is attached to it. He asked that i continue to pursue, validating the existence of the block and once that happens, assuming the owner of the block is willing to sell it, we will work up an offer for what he has. The car 0835 currently has an "inside plug" motor installed in it, and that could be made available in some fashion or another to enable the trade or sale.

As i said earlier, we need to see some pics to validate what is there, condition and then we can start the offer process.

Due to not having direct assess currently with the owner of the block, i have to work thru members here to progress this. I have no issue with this, everyone as been helpful and with the utmost integrity.

Thank you everyone for your interest -

meadracing, 375+ and readplays like this.
  17. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I'm curious as to why the original engine was replaced?

18. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    That happened 50 years ago when car was in Switzerland.
    Back then nobody cared about original engines or matching numbers.

Marcel Massini