348 - Canine Adventures! 348 Speciale | FerrariChat

348 Canine Adventures! 348 Speciale

Discussion in '348/355' started by rvp325, May 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rvp325

rvp325 Karting

Apr 30, 2019
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Rahul
    ShineKen, OCKlasse, Sancho22 and 4 others like this.
  2. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Awesome enjoy it! We should for a drive my car is back online now. Be great to get other Jersey guys too.

3. rvp325

rvp325 Karting

Apr 30, 2019
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Rahul
    Yes! I’m up for it ! Let’s set a date brotha !!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    Love it! I would do the same if I still had the stock seats in....with the Carbon SS seats no chance.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

5. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    That last pic saved it. I was horrified thinking of that dog on those carbon seats..........when I saw the last pic I thought, "whew!" haha.

6. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Which MOMO steering wheel is that?

7. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Looks like a slightly dished Monte Carlo to my eye.

8. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  9. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  10. rvp325

rvp325 Karting

Apr 30, 2019
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Rahul
    haha, yes, Hunter was NOT on the seats, and my wife had a towel on the seat anyway (just in case)...he was in the footwell, on the carpet which I easily vacuumed afterwards, and my wife was quick to make sure he didn't scratch or chew, etc....

It was a SAFE drive! But listen, I'm not gonna make a habit of it. It was a ...one time kinda thing, lol

11. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Entirely by coincidence I also took my dog out for a little ride today (picture is after we got back). Actually she normally sits on the passenger seat but I forgot to put the travel rug on it and it was too hot so she sat in the footwell instead.

You would have thought that after 20 years ownership I would know what a great car the 348 is but when you use it often it is easy to take it for granted and when you don't use it for a long time (between lockdowns and winter today was my first outing this year) you can start to forget the joy of driving it. I pulled off the cover this morning, expecting the worst but it started first time and what a joyous drive it was. Not far and just a bit of a blat down a straight road to the supermarket. But what pleasure!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

QSA and rvp325 like this.
  12. rvp325

rvp325 Karting

Apr 30, 2019
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Rahul

That is a great picture, man! I love it! Cute dog...and slick 348. Glad she started right up for you, that's relieving to know....enjoy and be safe.

13. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    That's most kind. I think my dog takes up less space than yours but great that yours helps you change gear by the looks of the first picture!

rvp325 likes this.
  14. rvp325

rvp325 Karting

Apr 30, 2019
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Rahul
    Yes, a MOD 78. I narrowed it down to a few different options, and I felt the MOD 78 would be be proportionate and look period-specific. The 330 mm is definitely smaller than the pictures convey -- requires substantially more effort to turn, but is rewarding with greater feel/precision. Have not yet gotten around to swapping the horn button to the OEM Ferrari button.

Wade likes this.
  15. Lifeboatboy

Lifeboatboy Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    London, UK
    Just saw this thread as I was searching for something else - thought I'd share.

Attached Files:

Ferrarium and ShineKen like this.
  16. rvp325

rvp325 Karting

Apr 30, 2019
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Rahul
    Love it!! Canines love Ferraris!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

17. Lifeboatboy

Lifeboatboy Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    London, UK
    She's a total Princess. Started life walking the streets of Serbia, trying to avoid being shot or kicked to death by Belgrade's locals, blagged a ride to the UK with a rescue charity, and now walks the streets of Surrey avoiding being cuddled or stroked to sleep. But she loves her ears flapping about when the roof's down :'-)

Qavion likes this.