For Sale - Didier Pironi Lambo Offshore Race engine | FerrariChat

For Sale Didier Pironi Lambo Offshore Race engine

Discussion in 'Other Parts & Collectibles' started by F456M, May 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Hi guys.

This is a very very unique opportunity to aquire the coolest garage or office art possible. This is one of the two original fuel injected race engines that were in the European U.I.M Class 1 (also called Offshore 1) race boat «Colibri» of Didier Pironi, which flipped in a race outside Monaco in the early 90-ies, causing a fatal accident that put an end to the life of world champion Pironi.

Used for display purpouse for many years. It was in service and running after the accident until the boat was taken out of racing some time later.

This is a homologated 8,2 liter «big block» Lambo V12 (about 50% larger on the outside than a Countach engine).

Sold with the engine stand with the wheels as seen in these pictures. Also has original stainless steel Italian exhaust headers.

This is a piece of European boat racing history that is impossible to find anywhere else!

Please call or text me on +47 97776672 If you have serious interest in this engine.

Grazie.
    Erik Eriksen

Attached Files:

EarlyCat likes this.
  2. red27

red27 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Oliver
    Dear OP. The late F1 and powerboat driver spelled his name Didier Pironi. Perhaps you might ask the mods to change your thread title.

Nice looking engine BTW.
    GLWS.

Mark.

3. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Thank you!! I will

4. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    The accident which cost DIDIER PIRONI, Bernard Giroux and Jean Claude Guenard their lives took place off the Isle of Wight, (UK), not Monaco. the boat survived the accident and was raced once or twice thereafter by ex F1 driver Jean pierre Jarier to help the team but he found it very unpleasant and scary. the boat is displayed at Le manoir de l'automobile museum in Loheac western France a fantastic place to visit just before or after going to Le Mans https://www.manoir-automobile.fr/home/ Good luck with the sale of the engine.

F456M, BigTex and 375+ like this.
  5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    The accident happened in 1987.

6. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Thanks. I might have mixed it with that other accident. So long time since it happened and I was not old enough to catch it before years later. Thanks anyways for the clarification.