2020 New York Auto Show Canceled | FerrariChat

2020 New York Auto Show Canceled

Discussion in 'Events Discussion' started by BJK, May 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    International Auto Shows, in this country, are in Chicago, Detroit, LA, and New York.

Maybe they should have relocated the NY show instead, like maybe to Orlando?

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    If SEMA goes on I can see LA happening. Usually SEMA is a week earlier than the LA auto show. So far SEMA has not cancelled.

Wade likes this.
  4. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    #4 BJK, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
    2020 SEMA, Nov.3-6
    I think any large gathering event happening this year, before there is an effective vaccine, is wishful thinking, unfortunately. :(

This is what we will be seeing now that the country has 're-opened'. This is how the 'second wave' will get going.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/missouri-hair-stylist-coronavirus-worked-while-symptomatic-exposed-dozens-clients-n1213561
    2019 SEMA attendance 70,000

Caphill likes this.
  5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #5 TheMayor, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
    Maybe you didn't read the article because no one was infected because she wore a mask.

"So far, no other positive case connected to the stylist has been confirmed, but the county is nonetheless facing "a glut of cases," Goddard said."

If anything this proves that if you take the proper precautions, even an infected person doesn't necessary spread it to another. Wash hands, use disinfectant, and wear a mask. Your chances of getting it in a short period of time is very small. The NY study showed that 66% of the new cases were people sheltered at home with long exposures to assystematic conditions.

6. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    You don't have to yell, I can hear you.
    This is just an example of how easily it can/will spread. IN MY OPINION. :)
    Let's just revisit this in Nov. and see

Caphill likes this.