ISOFIX in 612 | FerrariChat

ISOFIX in 612

Discussion in '612/599' started by magnumjpi, May 23, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. magnumjpi

magnumjpi Rookie

Apr 10, 2020
    Hi all

I just bought a 2004 UK spec Scaglietti, I had understood there are ISOFIX points but for the life of me I can’t find them.

Does anyone know if they are definitely present in this mode year / country spec?

And if they are, where should I be looking for the attach points?

(Finally, if they aren’t present has anyone bought a UK available non-ISOFIX seat for a 3-6 month old?)

Many thanks in advance for any help

J

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I have two child seats in the back of my 612. The isofix points are there, but they’re ridiculously hard to find. They’re tucked pretty far into the space between the seat base and seat back. I decided that they’re probably not useable, and since the children aren’t in the 612 that much, I just went with child seats held in with the normal 3 point seatbelts. That said, if there was a good isofix solution out there, I would certainly look at it.

The seats I have are Halfords 123 seats; I went for them as they fit really well in the rear seats. They technically could be used for a 3-6 month old, but as they’re forward facing, I waited till my little monsters were probably 9+ months old before using them.

I love that the 612 is the family man’s Ferrari.

magnumjpi likes this.
  3. magnumjpi

magnumjpi Rookie

Apr 10, 2020
    Thank you so much, that’s incredibly helpful!

Really appreciate it

J

brogenville likes this.
  4. magnumjpi

magnumjpi Rookie

Apr 10, 2020
    Quick update for anyone who ever faces the same issue - I got a Maxi Cosi Easybase 2 base, and a Cabriofix seat from the same brand. The base attaches by clamping the safety belt and the seat of course slotted on top. It all fits and leaves space for an adult in the seat in front. I even managed to (almost) colour match the Bordeaux leather...

Photos attached, including one of the car on our first family road trip

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

MRY, tomc, 599_GTO and 2 others like this.
  5. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    Traveling in style !

magnumjpi likes this.