The Purosangue Thread | Page 40 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Data

Data Karting

Dec 11, 2007
    Why on Earth would you want a small-trunk SUV that can drift?

2. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    That’s what the electric motors are for...
    ;)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

Ferrari should hire you.

uhn2000 likes this.
  4. perrinnation

perrinnation Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2012
    The Detroit area
    Full Name:
    David
    There would be no bigger dream realized.

Thx!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Gh21631 likes this.
  5. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    If Flavio Manzoni presents a Purosangue design that doesn't fulfill the expectations of the potential buyers then your chance will increase drastically. :)

perrinnation likes this.
  6. dgoldenz94

dgoldenz94 Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    x2, awesome design

MDEL and perrinnation like this.
  7. perrinnation

Nov 24, 2012
    The Detroit area
    Full Name:
    David
    LOL! Then I will be conflicted with my fingers crossed!

MDEL likes this.
  8. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    This is my worry with a Ferrari SUV or a FUV, if its a massive beast of a car then it will be a flop for me. My Lusso drifts and has a small trunk and the way it just shrinks around you when you drive it is incredible! All it needs is rear access to the seats and if they want they can raise it a bit more off the ground for better clearance.

MDEL and 456-boy like this.
  9. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Dang! That's nice...T

perrinnation likes this.
  10. perrinnation

Nov 24, 2012
    The Detroit area
    Full Name:
    David
  11. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    This is the best one so far

MDEL likes this.
  12. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    When I started this thread back in 2017 the Urus had just been presented and at the time we speculated if Ferrari would make or not an SUV. During the second half of 2018 Ferrari finally announced its first time SUV, the Purosangue, and since then have been posted here multiple renderings trying to figure out how it will look. Recently David (Perrinnation), kindly posted his vision and own design of the Purosangue and many of us agree that so far is the best we've seen. Thank you David is a privilege to have with us a talented car designer like you and personally I look forward seeing your Purosangue design from other angles.

13. perrinnation

Nov 24, 2012
    The Detroit area
    Full Name:
    David
    Wow! I am floored by this. Thank you so much for these kind words. I will give the design another shot at other angles as soon as possible.

Best regards!

uhn2000 likes this.
  14. perrinnation

Nov 24, 2012
    The Detroit area
    Full Name:
    David
  15. Data

Data Karting

Dec 11, 2007
    From that standpoint, I certainly agree. It seems we all hope that Ferrari can achieve a seemingly impossible tour de force with that new model. Regardless of what they come up with, I'm fairly certain it will split opinions like rarely before.

456-boy, MDEL and uhn2000 like this.
  16. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Maggio23, deltona and R J like this.
  17. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    And still is.

MDEL likes this.
  18. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    We
    Wow, now that's a reply 2 an old post:)
    If they ever did, and I imagine it is very likely, it should be SMTH really out of the box and original.
    Now the Urus has a great work of engineering and impressive numbers for an SUV performance.
    But for now, if I am going to buy a luxury SUV, my eyes would be on a G-class for example, as it serves the purpose of a proper SUV better in my opinion.
    I mean now we have the Lambo and the AstonMartin SUV, beatiful in their own ways, but they don't... scream to me "COME AND BUY ME" at the moment. And I would still go for G-class for practicality mostly.
    If they ever did produce an SUV, that could change our way of thinking about an SUV with a racing car badge for what ever reason, SMTH that unique an original, that would be impressive.
    That's my opinion for now, I may change it later:D
    TC

MDEL likes this.
  19. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    We have both a Gwagon and Urus, I can’t say the Urus offers anything super unique that you can’t maybe find on other VW products but it’s a fun ride and I can park it everywhere downtown (height). However that Gwagon especially the new one kills it, worth every dollar. So yes Ferrari needs to be unique but I also think it needs to be very much a Ferrari, I expect it to come with multiple engine options and a big price tag

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  20. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    Great short review.
    I hear U Joe regarding the G-wagon;)
    I drove the old generation G-wagon b4 a. I tried the new one a while ago for a few times, it happened to be a (G63 edition 1), and man what a difference! And What a car!
    Totally worth the sticker price in my opinion when compared to other top SUVs.
    That's Y it's my #1 choice to get if I decided to get an SUV in that class at the moment.
    Haven't tried the Urus to judge, but I can understand the size and height difference between 2 cars, which makes the Urus a more mmm... let us say agile car than the G-wagon for every day driving, specially if U R living somewhere like a busy city with mostly underground parkings...etc
    Good 2 know,
    ENJOY,,,

uhn2000 likes this.
  21. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    In terms of the design IMO the biggest challenge facing Ferrari is originality. To be crowned the design of the Purosangue can't afford to resemble any other existing SUV therefore it's absolutely compulsory that it will be different but at the same time has to look like a Ferrari.
    In terms of performance and sound the Purosangue also needs to be something special superior to any existing SUV and that's the reason why I can't think of this car without a V12 version.
    This is a new territory for Ferrari and the Purosangue their first SUV therefore they can't afford to fail.

22. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    Well said Mario,,,

MDEL likes this.
  23. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    Me included ... with the DBX it looks like Aston Martin kept it as close as possible to their style. As Ferrari has changed a lot on the design (since Pinninfarina's involvement) I am curious which lines are to be followed, really new or with the Lusso as basis. Next I am a bit afraid that the FUV is going to be a lot more expensive than the competition. The starting price estimate of €200K+ will not give you a real finished car. The trend is to charge extra for anything else than basic. The basic DBX is already very well equipped.

24. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    A starting price of 200’000 seems very low for such a car compared to the prices of the Roma and F8 that are the ‘small’ car of the Ferrari range.

Even with a V6 or V8 I presume the starting price of the FUV will be more like 350’000 - and +++ with a V12 and multiple options.

MDEL likes this.
  25. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    If we consider the base prices for the GTC4 in the UK ( there are other markets with higher taxation) they are approximately € 220 K for the V8 turbo and € 265 K for the V12. I suspect the Ferrari Purosangue power train options V8 and V12 will have substantially higher prices than the ones of the GTC4. The fact that the Purosangue will be a bigger size car that seats 5 and has also off-road capabilities can be used by Ferrari to justify to this segment clientele a substantially higher base selling price than the current one of the GTC4.

456-boy likes this.